• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "What type do you think I am?" thread.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
The title speaks for itself. Just curious what type everyone thinks I am, and why.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Matthew Z, I don't really know much about you, but from my experience of your behavior on the forum I'm going to guess that you are INTP. My reasons include the following:
  • I can relate to your posts more than half of the time.
  • You phrase things very precisely, which in theory is very INTP-like.
  • You are more articulate than many on this forum.
  • This is sort of like my first point, but there are a few posts of yours that I feel like I could have written myself. And to put that into context, there are only a few posters on this forum who write things that I can relate to on a similar level.
  • You seem very calm and collected. Very rational.

Caveat lector:
  • There are also a few posts of yours that I really cannot relate to. So far, however, these are the minority.
  • The pertinence of half of my above list is based on the assumption that I am an INTP, which may not actually be the case (I have considered INFP and INTJ seriously in the past).
  • You seem to have an empirical bent that reminds me of many NTJs and STJs.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Buyer beware? Why not Caveat lector (reader beware)?

Forgive the nit-picky mood, I'm just trying to read between your language.

Because you needed to beware before "buying" what I said, meaning that I am not liable for this information in the case that it turns out to be "defective." I was using it metaphorically (if inappropriately....and, well, crappily). But yeah, if I wanted to use the "correct" one I should have said caveat lector. I'll change it. Pedant ;).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always assume you to be ISTJ, and forget you are INTP. Why? Don't know!! Did you have ISTJ up as your type at one point? I'm stuck on that.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I always assume you to be ISTJ, and forget you are INTP. Why? Don't know!! Did you have ISTJ up as your type at one point? I'm stuck on that.

When I came to this forum, I had ISTJ listed as my type. About 2 weeks after joining, the listing changed to INTP and has been that way ever since. (save for a few "jokes" I played by changing type listed there to see who noticed)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this an "I want to see what everyone thinks of me, but I'm not actually reconsidering my type" thread? Or are you rethinking your type?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Is this an "I want to see what everyone thinks of me, but I'm not actually reconsidering my type" thread? Or are you rethinking your type?

A little of both, but leaning for towards the latter. For all essential purposes, I'd advise you consider it the latter.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know you that well, but the crystal ball tells me you are either a recovering F or a self-hating one. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Secretly INFJ

Ti > Ne > Fi

If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

G

Ginkgo

I think you're an INTP.

-Your ramblings and hypothetical speculations scream Ne. I also really enjoy it because I can play off of it with my own. (Remember our story about escaping from Florida on a polar bear?)
-Your habit to correct people in reference to factual evidence depicts Ti.
-Aside from that, you're one of those INTPs that don't make me cringe with their social inadequacy. (No offense or anything to INTPs)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A little of both, but leaning for towards the latter. For all essential purposes, I'd advise you consider it the latter.

Okay.

Like I said in your second (?) type thread, I think you're ISTJ. I see strong Te, but I don't think you're an extravert. Your J seems fairly strong though, which I why I think it's slightly ludicrous that you would think you're any kind of P. There is nothing theoretical, tentative, or whimsical about you, so Ne secondary I don't see at all. You seem very down to earth, orderly, and J-like perfectionist. I don't get INTP or NP from you in the slightest, and I wonder how anyone else does.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to throw in my vote with a couple of others' and say that I see you as an ISTJ. The thing that does it is your writing style. You write with a formality, almost a rigidity (and I don't mean that in a bad way), that I've never seen in an INTP. What I have seen in INTPs, and this goes along with their function use, is a certain amount of flexibility and randomness. I don't see that in you at all. It could be because you speak with Ti--especially in writing, I think a person's hidden sides will come to the fore, and Ti is certainly rigid within its own domain--but I'm more prone to think that what I see is Te.