First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Like I said in your second (?) type thread, I think you're ISTJ. I see strong Te, but I don't think you're an extravert. Your J seems fairly strong though, which I why I think it's slightly ludicrous that you would think you're any kind of P. There is nothing theoretical, tentative, or whimsical about you, so Ne secondary I don't see at all. You seem very down to earth, orderly, and J-like perfectionist. I don't get INTP or NP from you in the slightest, and I wonder how anyone else does.
    I agree....you seem very ISTJ to me. I just don't see Ne.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xxxx

Interesting, there's usually a mention of the "intermediate" types between INTP and ISTJ by now. No opinion in favor of INTJ or ISTP?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

People must think you show even less Ni-Se. :P

Seriously though, your logic is all Te logic. External, measuring, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line stuff.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I quite thought many of your posts seemed INTP.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    External, measuring, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line stuff.
    That depends on the context of Euclidean Geometry or non-Euclidean Geometry. Strictly speaking, Spherical Geometry has no straight lines, yet there is a shortest distance between two points and it is indeed a line.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I don't know you that well, but the crystal ball tells me you are either a recovering F or a self-hating one.
    You remind me of that certain type of gay guy who can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that no, every man on the planet is not a closet homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Interesting, there's usually a mention of the "intermediate" types between INTP and ISTJ by now. No opinion in favor of INTJ or ISTP?
    I think many more people would chime in with useful advice if you'd bother explaining some of your basic values and personality. What do you do for a living? What are your interests and hobbies? What is most important to you? etc. etc.

The way you've posted thus far limits the responses to only people who've paid attention to your posts and given your type serious thought. By sheer probability, since there are so many people on this board, most people probably haven't paid that much attention to you and therefore can't really offer you any meaningful advice.

As for me, all I've got thus far is xxTJ. I agree with whoever said that the way you approached this thread seems pretty Te...explain more about yourself and maybe we can tell you more.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think many more people would chime in with useful advice if you'd bother explaining some of your basic values and personality. What do you do for a living? What are your interests and hobbies? What is most important to you? etc. etc.
    And the problem with that is, naturally, that I've always wanted to preserve more complete anonymity over the internet. There's that natural precaution about avoiding identity theft, stalkers, et cetera. It's also an interesting experiment to see what responses I can get when my words speak for themselves rather than being in the context of the speaker. I suppose I've also decided to remain a little less... controversial in my stay here. It's easier when I'm not associated with a group. It also doesn't alienate people from future conversation.

Well then, I suppose at least a small autobiography would be due.

Presently, I'm a student. High School student. Leave the ageism at the door. What about me? I suppose I could be described as someone unconventional. As some of you may have inferred from my avatar, I'm an anarcho-capitalist. (not that I didn't post that in the debate forum. Yes, I don't "believe" in government. Label it as a youth rebellion phase if you must. I've heard it all. I've made it through school on the ability to exceed expectations on tests, especially multiple choice ones. While I'd prefer to think the situation through, I have no problem trusting my "gut" instinct and acting with what I think is probably true or at least appears to be true. I have no idea what supports that instinct, but it works.

What have other people called me? For the longest time, I was known as the computer guy. That title has waned a fair deal. I'm more of the maths and sciences guy now. High School math... that was easy and fun. My dad always attributed it to the fact that I could pick up a concept quickly and REMEMBER it. I didn't forget my lessons from year to year. Throughout AP Biology (loved that course), I gained a bit of a reputation as being Obsessive-Compulsive. I personally didn't find that label fitting compared to my normal behavior, but I did things to intense precision in that class. If results are to be replicated, the original results must be done as recorded and recorded as done. Sure, I knew what should happen at the next stage, but I wouldn't dare flavor results with confirmation bias.

What do I like about myself? Well, I'm usually the last one to panic under stress. I prefer to think that I have a level head in the face of adversity. (although therapists would argue that I'm prone to anxiety) Forgive my train of thought, but losing it when things get tough doesn't make things easier. I'm not perfect being, I can't always keep to that, but I try.

For my last note, I'll mention my interactions in the social realm. I would say that I question social norms, especially when it comes to interaction. Why pay for expensive clothes you'll hardly ever wear just to show up with everyone else who's breaking the bank with their wardrobe. Sure, there's a legitimate reason for it, but things would be cheaper for everyone else if they dressed casually at "formal" situations. Then there's table manners. I do not care how you eat your food, as long as it doesn't stop me from eating mine. Reciprocate, please? To diverge slightly, I've never accepted the assumption that having a social life as defined by others is necessary. If I don't have friends or anyone that likes me, then either everyone else has made themselves incompatible or I haven't found decent people yet. I'd say I'm rather accepting of how people act, as long as they don't stop me. What I look for in a friend is someone who tells it like it is and likes to hear it like it is. People don't sugarcoat good news. Sugarcoating something makes it harder to bare.

</rant>.
    Like I said, that's not up for debate.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post

What have other people called me? For the longest time, I was known as the computer guy. That title has waned a fair deal. I'm more of the maths and sciences guy now. High School math... that was easy and fun. My dad always attributed it to the fact that I could pick up a concept quickly and REMEMBER it. I didn't forget my lessons from year to year. Throughout AP Biology (loved that course), I gained a bit of a reputation as being Obsessive-Compulsive. I personally didn't find that label fitting compared to my normal behavior, but I did things to intense precision in that class. If results are to be replicated, the original results must be done as recorded and recorded as done. Sure, I knew what should happen at the next stage, but I wouldn't dare flavor results with confirmation bias.

What do I like about myself? Well, I'm usually the last one to panic under stress. I prefer to think that I have a level head in the face of adversity. (although therapists would argue that I'm prone to anxiety) Forgive my train of thought, but losing it when things get tough doesn't make things easier. I'm not perfect being, I can't always keep to that, but I try.

</rant>.
    Like I said, that's not up for debate.
    Sounds like really strong Si with perfectionistic tendencies so i am leaning towards ISTJ. Si doms usually have EXCELLENT memories.

MBTI
    eNTP

You write a bit like my INTP friend, all other factors aside..
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    xxxx

A few "gaps":

Thus far, there's been almost no note on my feeling functions. It's been generally accepted that I'm some sort of a T. What about Fi? Fe?

While many considered me to have strong Te, most of them never thought that I was a Te-dominant. (an extravert.) Just about every post in this thread has thus far assumed and accepted an introversion preference. The short question: why?

I haven't yet seen an NT/SJ comparison in this thread. Isn't that usually an efficient method of typing someone, especially when the top two options for their type are from opposite temperaments?

While there's been mention of Ne and Si, there hasn't been a discussion on Ni and Se. Why?

As perhaps I should have said earlier, all comments thus far have been appreciated. This post is an attempt to hammer things out from slightly different angles.