• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type my new love interest!

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The type of the guy I am dating completely eludes me so I must enlist your help. Here is how I would describe him:

-Funny as hell. Very, very entertaining and difficult to embarrass.
-Has no concept of propriety and defies social norms
-Incredibly talented at figuring out people's motivations and pressing their buttons
-Likes transforming people and helping them reach their potential
-Artistic (sends me texts in prose)
-Very emotionally strong and self sufficient
-Interested in negotiating, sales, business
-Is a radio broadcast DJ
-Has a very dark side
-Good at getting people to expose all their dirty secrets
-Intuitive as hell
-Likes to get to the bottom of things quickly; asks very personal questions freely; likes investigating people and detecting all their qualities
-Oodles of self confidence
-Very extroverted
-Very dominant and dominating; a leader

From reading type descriptions I am thinking either ESFP or ESTP. Perhaps I will get him to do a test....

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP???

sounds E and T to me, and P

You do meet interesting dates don't you Thessaly, got any good advice to share with the rest of us???

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENxP I think. The transforming people to help them reach their potential is something I can relate to. So I'm leaning towards F.. but a male F :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds ENTP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going with ENTP also.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moved to What's My Type?

:nono:

Don't ask, I guess the NF section is better than the What's My Type section for asking what type people are. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yep, that's an entp alright

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Incredibly talented at figuring out people's motivations
2. Likes transforming people and helping them reach their potential
3. Likes investigating people

= ENTP?????

It's either that I really don't understand MBTI, or this person is definitely NOT an ENTP. I'd say ENFP.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Am I the only one that thinks this sounds ESTP? :mellow: In my experience, ESTPs are more curious about motivations than ENTPs

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Am I the only one that thinks this sounds ESTP? :mellow: In my experience, ESTPs are more curious about motivations than ENTPs

That's true. And the OP says she suspects ESTP and she actually knows him.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are... EDIT: oops now your not

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1. Incredibly talented at figuring out people's motivations
2. Likes transforming people and helping them reach their potential
3. Likes investigating people

= ENTP?????

It's either that I really don't understand MBTI, or this person is definitely NOT an ENTP. I'd say ENFP.

Yes, all can go for an ENTP. I am an INTP and still have those characteristics. Must be the Ne.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Artistic (sends me texts in prose)

Can you expand more on that? :p Is there anything else that leads you to believe he's artistic other than the texts?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Can you expand more on that? :p Is there anything else that leads you to believe he's artistic other than the texts?

Well he cut his finger the other day to drip blood over some of his poetry (no lie). He dresses in a very expressive manner (rarely matching). He loves acting and is very good at it. He also loves writing and is quite good at that too. He's definitely a smart cookie so ENTP may just be it. He tests me a lot which reminds me of the previous ENTP I dated before who used to challenge me for fun all the damn time.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP???

sounds E and T to me, and P

You do meet interesting dates don't you Thessaly, got any good advice to share with the rest of us???

Be yourself? Seems to work for me lol I seem to attract interesting people...must be because I'm interesting!

Also for identifying his type: He's an incredibly good kisser and the most seductive man I've ever met. Nothing is taboo to him sexually and he seems quite keen on getting to that base asap.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, all can go for an ENTP. I am an INTP and still have those characteristics. Must be the Ne.

I don't see a connection between Ne and being fond of helping or transforming people. What do you mean?