User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Oh ps, my ISTP bro gets into metaphysical subject matters as well, as you said you did with tarot, etc. And he can be very sensitive, especially in relation to animals. I'm leaning more and more toward ISTP; though I wouldn't rule out ISTJ.

    I recommend reading the descriptions on geocities/lifexplore

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thanks. Someone mentioned that I could be a ISTJ. Now I looked at it, it also kind of make sense!

    When I was a kid:
    -I always follow rules and orders at school.
    -I have never gotten any trouble with teachers
    -Teachers tend to like me because I'm respectful and follow their instructions

    I always follow rules and structures. I don't like taking risks unlike an ISTP. However, one description of ISTJ that doesn't fit me is that I'm not punctual and organized.

    I'm at college now, and I'm having trouble with too much flexibility in terms of time. I liked the k12 structure better because I can go to school at 8am and come home at 3pm. Then do homework or play. I know what is going on every day. I'm more efficient that way. Does it mean I'm a J?

  3. #23
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    I'm at college now, and I'm having trouble with too much flexibility in terms of time. I liked the k12 structure better because I can go to school at 8am and come home at 3pm. Then do homework or play. I know what is going on every day. I'm more efficient that way. Does it mean I'm a J?
    I think, at the very least, this statement is something that you'd be hard pressed to force out of an INFPs mouth.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #24
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Thanks. Someone mentioned that I could be a ISTJ. Now I looked at it, it also kind of make sense!

    When I was a kid:
    -I always follow rules and orders at school.
    -I have never gotten any trouble with teachers
    -Teachers tend to like me because I'm respectful and follow their instructions

    I always follow rules and structures. I don't like taking risks unlike an ISTP. However, one description of ISTJ that doesn't fit me is that I'm not punctual and organized.

    I'm at college now, and I'm having trouble with too much flexibility in terms of time. I liked the k12 structure better because I can go to school at 8am and come home at 3pm. Then do homework or play. I know what is going on every day. I'm more efficient that way. Does it mean I'm a J?
    Ummm wow, you really should have included these details in the OP. That changes a lot. Your last paragraph is very suggestive of ISTJ.

    In any event, IxFP is totally off, and IxTP is seeming less and less likely.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #25
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Thanks. Someone mentioned that I could be a ISTJ. Now I looked at it, it also kind of make sense!

    When I was a kid:
    -I always follow rules and orders at school.
    -I have never gotten any trouble with teachers
    -Teachers tend to like me because I'm respectful and follow their instructions

    I always follow rules and structures. I don't like taking risks unlike an ISTP. However, one description of ISTJ that doesn't fit me is that I'm not punctual and organized.

    I'm at college now, and I'm having trouble with too much flexibility in terms of time. I liked the k12 structure better because I can go to school at 8am and come home at 3pm. Then do homework or play. I know what is going on every day. I'm more efficient that way. Does it mean I'm a J?
    I got an SJ vibe from the original post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think, at the very least, this statement is something that you'd be hard pressed to force out of an INFPs mouth.
    That's the truth, haha
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  6. #26
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    ISTJ could be it because it has all the same functions of the INFP but in a different order.
    If you ask most P's (and to a certain extent NJs) they get fed up w/ rules pretty fast. You sound like a fairly strong J if you liked the K-12 school structure and liked things to be planned. J's like closure while P's like many options. From what you wrote, it looks like you are closure-oriented.

  7. #27
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    When I was a kid:
    -I always follow rules and orders at school.
    -I have never gotten any trouble with teachers
    -Teachers tend to like me because I'm respectful and follow their instructions
    Why? What was your "reasoning" for doing that?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Why? What was your "reasoning" for doing that?
    I think the underlying reason was that I didn't want to be ridiculed by my teachers. I was less concerned about the actual punishment (detention, phone call to parents) than the embarrassment I might get. I also didn't see the need of going against the rules unless they were unreasonable. I was never rebellious. I behave because it's the natural thing for me to do. I never talked back to a teacher because I knew it was a losing-battle. However, I didn't have this feeling towards my parents though because I always challenged them.

    Things about J that don't quite match are:

    1. Organization and neatness (My room is messy and my computer are messy. I have 200 icons on my desktop and unrelated files are scattered everywhere.)

    2. Punctuality (I'm frequently late; always leave at the last moment)

    3. Decisiveness (I'd rather others make the decision for me most of trivial things like what to eat tonight; though I'm improving)

    4. Follow through (I'm jumping from project to project like a P. Though I'm not a multitasker where I can't do 5 things a day and make the most out of them)

    5. Promise (I break promises but sometime it's probably due to the fact that I have made those promises against my wish. e.g. I say "Yes" to requests where I don't really want to do but I say "Yes" because I don't like rejection.)

  9. #29
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    I think the underlying reason was that I didn't want to be ridiculed by my teachers. I was less concerned about the actual punishment (detention, phone call to parents) than the embarrassment I might get. I also didn't see the need of going against the rules unless they were unreasonable. I was never rebellious. I behave because it's the natural thing for me to do. I never talked back to a teacher because I knew it was a losing-battle. However, I didn't have this feeling towards my parents though because I always challenged them.
    I understand this
    As a kid, I could see the principle behind most rules, or it wasn't worth rebelling against.

    Now, why do you like structure though? I am probably more efficient with structure, but I don't enjoy it. I'd say I am more creative and happy with flexibility and varied routine.

    Every individual has qualities that defy their "type" though. There's still a good possibility you are ISTP. I'd go with the over all profile you relate to more, but continue looking into the ISTP and ISTJ functions.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  10. #30
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    I think the underlying reason was that I didn't want to be ridiculed by my teachers. I was less concerned about the actual punishment (detention, phone call to parents) than the embarrassment I might get. I also didn't see the need of going against the rules unless they were unreasonable. I was never rebellious. I behave because it's the natural thing for me to do. I never talked back to a teacher because I knew it was a losing-battle. However, I didn't have this feeling towards my parents though because I always challenged them.

    Things about J that don't quite match are:

    1. Organization and neatness (My room is messy and my computer are messy. I have 200 icons on my desktop and unrelated files are scattered everywhere.)

    2. Punctuality (I'm frequently late; always leave at the last moment)

    3. Decisiveness (I'd rather others make the decision for me most of trivial things like what to eat tonight; though I'm improving)

    4. Follow through (I'm jumping from project to project like a P. Though I'm not a multitasker where I can't do 5 things a day and make the most out of them)

    5. Promise (I break promises but sometime it's probably due to the fact that I have made those promises against my wish. e.g. I say "Yes" to requests where I don't really want to do but I say "Yes" because I don't like rejection.)
    You're sounding more like my ISFJ brother to me now. (I'm one of six children, hence all the brothers.) He isn't organized or particularly punctual, although he is constantly striving to be so. "I'll be getting to it," is his constant refrain. (I used to think he was an INFP, by the way, until I read the ISFJ description- and then I realized, ah, there's the difference between the two of us! But he also loves literature, but I don't think that's a requirement for ISFJ... He also has a ridiculous memory for facts, statistics, like who played the Superbowl in 1972 and what the score was, etc, and he can recite poetry, remember how to play a song on the guitar that he hasn't played in twenty years, etc, when my memory doesn't work like that at all.)

    All of the things you say about yourself (in regards to follow through and promise as well) totally fit him. Although ISTJ I still consider a possibility. My dad's office area is organized in his 'own' way- a mess to the untrained eye, but it makes sense to him.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Confused about my type
    By arth96 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 02:00 PM
  3. So confused about my type, HELP ME
    By kathleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
  4. so confused about my type
    By lume in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  5. confused about my type
    By garbagelid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO