User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 32

  1. #11
    Member Hazle Weatherfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    I think you're an INTP, and this is only because you said that you liked to read encyclopedias and didn't really like fantasy.
    I was obsessed with fantasy when I was younger.
    I did not like fantasy in particular, though it is an enjoyable genre. I think that is non-type related.

    But I agree with the possible INTP typing because you remind me of my brother. He used to go on long walks in a black trench coat and police would stop him for no reason and search his army pack. RIDICULOUS! (boils my blood as we speak to even think of it) And he was also more into video games (though that could be related to his gender and the stereotype effects that boys are more likely to enjoy those types of video games in particular). But other things as well, as in THINKING about how you may respond socially. I think INFPs do this a slight less exaggerated. And I'd like to add that I grew up with an INTP father and an IXFJ mother and I think our father influenced us more than we really expected. So, when my type says INFP, I could be using some T left over from years ago.

  2. #12
    Uniqueorn William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Instead, I prepare realistic movies with deep philosophical theme
    What bugs you more? A plot that is ridiculous (uploading a computer virus from a Mac to the alien mothership, for example), or a character that is not believeable ("No one acts/reacts that way in real life")

  3. #13
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    hella INTP, son
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    What bugs you more? A plot that is ridiculous (uploading a computer virus from a Mac to the alien mothership, for example), or a character that is not believeable ("No one acts/reacts that way in real life")
    Probably a character that is not believable. I especially hate movies where the Hero can take down 1 platoon of soldiers while armed with a pistol that never run out of ammo.

    I think reading novels is a waste of time. Instead, I read self-help books:p

  5. #15
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Probably a character that is not believable. I especially hate movies where the Hero can take down 1 platoon of soldiers while armed with a pistol that never run out of ammo.

    I think reading novels is a waste of time. Instead, I read self-help books:p
    You said like a total of one thing in the OP that would suggest INFP.

    I think, based on OP, INTP is blatantly obvious.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    INTP all the way

    xNTPs can be sensitive to others, a lot of that can come from experience, not just MBTI type

  7. #17
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Probably a character that is not believable. I especially hate movies where the Hero can take down 1 platoon of soldiers while armed with a pistol that never run out of ammo.
    You chose 'character', but your example is really about plot. You're annoyed because the scenario you described is unrealistic and illogical (pistols do run out of ammo, and one person is unlikely to take down an entire platoon). These are logical, factual details, and aren't about the character's psychological motivations or reactions.

    So, I don't see any reason to say you have a feeling preference based on that answer either.

    I haven't read the whole thread yet though, so I have no overall opinion.
    Last edited by Xenon; 10-09-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added something

  8. #18
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickia View Post
    Hi OrangeAppled,

    I tried to do your test but I'm having problem answering all these questions!
    I find it extremely hard to answer these questions objectively.

    For example, "notice relevant facts in a sea of data before you ", I don't KNOW!!! I don't know if I notice relevant facts in a sea of data. I need some sort of comparison before I can answer these questions because they are so subjective. I mean, if I say I can run fast, it's an empty statement unless I compare my speed to something else such as a car or a child.

    The kind of personality test that I find it easy to do is the one with scenario. I find it easier to give an answer when I can put myself into a scenario and make relevant decisions.


    If you ask me, I will say I'm more of a tactician than a strategist. When I play games, I like micro-managing a small team and input specific actions. I also wanted to become an infantry or front-line officer rather than planning behind with a strategic map.

    I'm also a violinist. I was drawn to violin not because of the music itself, but more of the fact that how those great violinists can move their fingers SO FAST with such precision. I want to be able to do that some day.

    I like fixing problems and improving things.

    BTW, I talked to one of friends who have known me for 7 years. I asked him about whether I'm a Thinker or a Feeler. He said it without hesitation that I'm a Thinker. Do I sound like a ISTP now?
    Actually, yes, this sounds like ISxP to me now. Did you relate better to the introverted of feeling or thinking type descriptions?

    I was actually going to suggest ISFJ before because I thought you had Fe, but maybe you're ISTP and sometimes relied on your inferior Fe too much (when sounds sort of inconsistent, now that I review it). ISTP sounds like the winning choice so far.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #19
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not seeing N. A lot of this reminds me of my ISTP bro. A lot of what you say seems SJ to me, though, but I think ISTPs can seem like that, sometimes. I'm going for either ISTP or ISTJ, mainly because you remind me of both my brother and my dad, who's an ISTJ.

    I don't know how a person could be an INFP and not fantasize- note I say nothing about fantasy, I dislike the fantasy genre as well. But fantasizing... HUGE. And not liking fiction? Fiction is my life's blood! (Although I guess I shouldn't speak for all INFPs.)

  10. #20
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    I can relate to a lot of what you say. I'd look into ISTP or ISFP if I were you. I always scored N on the tests also, but could never relate to the NF or NT temperaments. You come across as a very grounded and - as you said - tactical. And I'm with you on the usefulness of that cognitive functions test... especially when it comes to the introverted intuition questions - they come across as downright mystical

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Confused about my type
    By arth96 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 02:00 PM
  3. So confused about my type, HELP ME
    By kathleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 10:13 AM
  4. so confused about my type
    By lume in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  5. confused about my type
    By garbagelid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO