User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNTP

Default That damn Facebook quiz threw me off...

I can't type a really close friend of mine and it's driving me crazy.

She tested as an INTP on the MyPersonality facebook app. (I'm sure that's wrong....)

She's really people-oriented. She is often "brutally honest," and quite outlandish with her opinions and ideas, but mostly she's very motherly and always calls people "honey." She LOOOVES kids. She has very low self-esteem, although you can hardly tell from the way she acts. She gets VERY stressed out about social issues and can't bear drama. She's very committed to her many extracurricular activities.

Her general temper, however, is decidedly synonymous with that of a hyperactive, demented, small child.

I was leaning towards INFP. Thoughts?
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post

She tested as an INTP on the MyPersonality facebook app. (I'm sure that's wrong....)

She's really people-oriented. She is often "brutally honest," and quite outlandish with her opinions and ideas, but mostly she's very motherly and always calls people "honey." She LOOOVES kids. She has very low self-esteem, although you can hardly tell from the way she acts. She gets VERY stressed out about social issues and can't bear drama. She's very committed to her many extracurricular activities.

Her general temper, however, is decidedly synonymous with that of a hyperactive, demented, small child.

I don't know, but if you figure it out, tell me. It seems like a have a bit in common with her. Except for the loving kids part - I love teenagers instead and really have a heart for wanting to help wayward adolescents.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post

INFPs are generally very agreeable, especially around strangers. They don't usually become "brutally honest" unless they feel something is terribly wrong, or if they're comfortable sharing their opinions with close friends.

I would actually be inclined to say that she's INFJ. In fact, many INFJs are mistyped as INTPs. (I'm not saying that all INFJs have demented, immature temperments.)

MBTI
    eNTP

Hmm... I'll look into that, then, I don't know much about INFJs.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Usually people who say they can't handle drama are drama queens. (/hides)

I think she could be an SP. [random: ESTP?]

Maybe more info would be helpful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

ENFP. Just going with N based off the quiz, but any ExxP may fit that. I get a major extrovert vibe, just from that short description.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

brutally honest doesn't mesh with ENFP, as much.

I agree with the E.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    brutally honest doesn't mesh with ENFP, as much.

I agree with the E.
    Yeah, I don't see NF either actually.... I think ExTP is a possibility. Maybe ESFP, but they don't tend to be brutal either.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    eNTP

It's possible she's only brutally honest to ME. She's quite the fluffy, flirty, airheaded ball of sunshine when she gets enough sleep. But she does have strong opinions on most things (and people.) And she's very hardworking.

Ugh. It's hard to type someone when you've seen EVERY facet of their personality. I detect every function in her behavior and can't tell what's dominant!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You give us very little information...

Even if we did guess a type, our methodology would be just that -- guessing.