User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Since I'm an ENFJ, you wouldn't think that I have Asperger's, but I do. I go to a school where pretty much all of my friends either have ADD/ADHD, Asperger's, or a combination of the two. It's been my experience, that in extreme cases, someone with Asperger's is usually an ISTJ or ISTP. Intellectual, logical & literal, detail-oriented, value structure and order, not very in touch with their emotions, and lacking social skills. Granted, this is not always the case, but I can assure you that there is a great likelihood that they will at the very least be IxTx. People with Introverted Thinking.

    People with ADD/ADHD are most likely ExxP. The spontaneous, forgetful quality of Perceivers aligns perfectly with people with ADD. That could mean that ADD could be IxxP as well. Furthermore, since Asperger's is common for people who are ISTPs, it could then be said that, in the case of the ISTP, there is an overlap between ADD and Asperger's in the ISTP.

    The Extraverts are more likely to have ADHD. Their hyperactivity is going to make them want to go out and do something with their ADHD friends, rather than stay inside and read a book. They're usually more Intuitive than Sensing. They're usually too distracted to focus on the details. However, there are other cases where the abstract, theoretical thinking of 'N's is exhausting for ADD people who just want simple facts.

    These will definitely influence your type since it's part of your personality. If you took medication, it would change your type too. I like to think of these as cognitive differences rather than disabilities.

    Most of what I said here is a generalization. It's not true all the time. They're just observations I've made.

    "Do as you're told (unless told otherwise)"

  2. #22
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Lounge View Post
    The Extraverts are more likely to have ADHD. Their hyperactivity is going to make them want to go out and do something with their ADHD friends, rather than stay inside and read a book.
    My hyperactivity makes me want to go out and do things by myself, or just pace around in doors to help me think and to feel normal, and to fidget or sway constantly if staying in one spot. Hyperactivity just means motor restlessness. It's got nothing to do with whether your thoughts are oriented inwards or outwards, or how often you prefer to share experiences with others or how tiring this is, it's just about how active your body seems to want to be when you're doing whatever you're doing.

    I will grant that the people who get diagnosed with ADHD are more likely to be particular types. As I suggested in another thread, a hyperactive extravert is more likely to get into trouble, because they aren't just moving their own body and causing some annoyance with that, as I do, they're impulsively affecting their environment in various ways (whereas I tend to be oblivious to my environment and to how much I'm moving).

    Hyperactivity and impulsivity symptoms are likely to be more pervasively impairing and more noticeable to others if you're an extravert, because they'll manifest themselves in more socially conspicuous and physically dangerous ways than say, not reading instructions before starting to fill in forms or take an exam, accidentally double-booking appointments by agreeing before thinking to check, or impulse buying.

    My guess is if you're an introvert, the hyperactive-impulsive symptoms will either be subclinical (in which case you'd be diagnosed with the predominantly inattentive subtype, which is far more often missed and diagnosed at an older age) or will cause significant distress but not so much in areas so apparent to others and again, won't be as likely to be correctly diagnosed.

    And then of course there is the sub-category within the predominantly inattentive subtype characterised by no signs of hyperactivity or impulsivity at all. Some think the neurological underpinnings and cognitive profile of this are so different that it should be separated completely from ADHD. It's been dubbed Sluggish Cognitive Tempo.

    This may have the opposite pattern: an introvert would appear to be more severely affected than an extrovert, because the extrovert would be more interested in the outside world despite struggling to keep up with it. Again though, both types could have it.

  3. #23
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Look at this poll on an ADHD forum. Every personality type was represented, including ISTJ. Looks pretty representative of the spread found in most fora actually.

    MBTI Poll

  4. #24
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Lounge View Post
    Since I'm an ENFJ, you wouldn't think that I have Asperger's, but I do. I go to a school where pretty much all of my friends either have ADD/ADHD, Asperger's, or a combination of the two. It's been my experience, that in extreme cases, someone with Asperger's is usually an ISTJ or ISTP. Intellectual, logical & literal, detail-oriented, value structure and order, not very in touch with their emotions, and lacking social skills. Granted, this is not always the case, but I can assure you that there is a great likelihood that they will at the very least be IxTx. People with Introverted Thinking.

    People with ADD/ADHD are most likely ExxP. The spontaneous, forgetful quality of Perceivers aligns perfectly with people with ADD. That could mean that ADD could be IxxP as well. Furthermore, since Asperger's is common for people who are ISTPs, it could then be said that, in the case of the ISTP, there is an overlap between ADD and Asperger's in the ISTP.

    The Extraverts are more likely to have ADHD. Their hyperactivity is going to make them want to go out and do something with their ADHD friends, rather than stay inside and read a book. They're usually more Intuitive than Sensing. They're usually too distracted to focus on the details. However, there are other cases where the abstract, theoretical thinking of 'N's is exhausting for ADD people who just want simple facts.

    These will definitely influence your type since it's part of your personality. If you took medication, it would change your type too. I like to think of these as cognitive differences rather than disabilities.

    Most of what I said here is a generalization. It's not true all the time. They're just observations I've made.

    "Do as you're told (unless told otherwise)"
    I'm on medication for ADD and I'm a J but often mistyped as a P. I'm obsessed with neatness, love organizing things, grammar, want everything to be in its place, but get distracted before it's ever done.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  5. #25
    Senior Member nynesneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    357

    Default

    /me gives you a hug.

    I'll come organize with you! We can put on some music and have a grand time talking in the process. I'm so bored I don't want to write this paper on Capitalism! Seems like a waste of my time, and the questions are confusing.
    3w2


    Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

  6. #26
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    /me gives you a hug.

    I'll come organize with you! We can put on some music and have a grand time talking in the process. I'm so bored I don't want to write this paper on Capitalism! Seems like a waste of my time, and the questions are confusing.
    You're sweet.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  7. #27
    Senior Member nynesneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Not really, just trying to barter to find a way to get someone to help me with my own things I'm procrastinating on. jk.
    3w2


    Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

  8. #28
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Not really, just trying to barter to find a way to get someone to help me with my own things I'm procrastinating on. jk.
    Kidding on the square.
    I only don't procrastinate when everything's clean.
    Maybe you should clean up that closet(=
    I never clean my closet, hypocritical me.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

  9. #29
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    I'm not on medication but, in every other way, you sound like my clone. I want everything to be organized but I get way too distracted to actually get it done. And I love grammar and words and pictures and...
    look a bird...
    I'm easily distracted by my overly active imagination.
    There isn't actually a bird in the house.


    Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I'm on medication for ADD and I'm a J but often mistyped as a P. I'm obsessed with neatness, love organizing things, grammar, want everything to be in its place, but get distracted before it's ever done.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  10. #30
    A Benign Tumor PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I'm not on medication but, in every other way, you sound like my clone. I want everything to be organized but I get way too distracted to actually get it done. And I love grammar and words and pictures and...
    look a bird...
    I'm easily distracted by my overly active imagination.
    There isn't actually a bird in the house.
    There's a devil in your house. I'm scared.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

    "No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Similar Threads

  1. How does your spirituality or lack of it influence your daily life?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-16-2017, 11:05 AM
  2. Asperger's Syndrome and MBTI type.
    By TaylorS in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM
  3. [INTP] Girls and women who have Asperger's syndrome
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 02:13 PM
  4. [NT] NTs, how you test people's ideas?
    By chatoyer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO