• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my type

wolverine

So, I did one of these a year ago, but i've since learnt a lot more about myself. I'll post what was relevant from what I said last time and some more information.

-Teenage male.
-Don't want to offend people/hate fighting and confrontation.
-Do not like eye contact or some silences in conversation.
-Don't mind being alone, but love being with friends.
-Worry about being late to things.
-Find it hard to open up, even around friends.
-When I do open up to VERY few people, it's usually online or sms. I can't vocalize my feelings. I generally become more affectionate or open online or via text message.
-Around people I like or people I don't know that well, I never know what to say and can't think of something to talk about and become shy. Around friends or people I've known for a while, I never stop talking.
-People can't make me upset easily. The only things that can make me upset are flaws I see in myself.
-Will do anything for anyone if they ask, as long as I don't see it as immoral.
-Never force my views or opinions on anyone and generally open to everyones view as long as it is logical.
-Very empathetic, but I never really know what to say or how to act when someone is sad.
-Great listener.
-Dislikes disrespect, superficial people or people full of ego.
-I can be friends with people from all social groups. I can look past major flaws in friendships as long as they are committed and true friends.
-I remember random conversations in great detail.
-Don't have a lot of faith in my decisions.
-Has plenty of friends and a few best friends, but is quiet around people I don't know well.
-Can't initiate conversations with people I barely know.
-Can be perceptive.
-Isn't very creative, but would LOVE to be.
-Feels awkward when somebody says something really serious or very sad.
-Always feels unrequited love towards someone.
-When friends don't show appreciation towards something I do for them, I fear that they don't like me. I need reassurance that they consider me a close friend lol.
-Constantly procrastinates.
-Can be a bit socially awkward and never knows what to say.
-Like being appreciated and sometimes feels that.
-Rarely really angry at the people close to me, but when I am, I become a bit quiet around them and then talk it out over the internet or sms to display my viewpoint in a logical and calm way.
-Don't get defensive unless it's about someone else.

wolverine

Really? Interesting. Why not INFP? Ive scored INFP before, but not ISFP.
What's the major difference?

Oh, and anyone good with enneagram types want to help me with that too?

:)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Really? Interesting. Why not INFP? Ive scored INFP before, but not ISFP.
What's the major difference?

Well, I got ISFP from your description because you said things like:

But again, not much was provided regarding S vs. N.

Some of these links might be useful for you...

ISFP vs. INFP

Also, look at this link and scroll down to S vs. N section:
Lifexplore - Personality, Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, Tests, Type Descriptions, More

Also, here's a link to Enneagram type descriptions: 9types.com - Enneagram tests, type descriptions, forums

Voxx

I have a vague idea of what your type may be, but I would like you to try the following exercises for me before I give you my opinion.

Describe this object to me.

red-apple.jpg

Questions:

1)Whenever you have to assemble a piece of furniture, do you:
a)Open the package, making sure that all the pieces are there by consulting the instruction manual and then assemble the piece via following the instructions in said manual.
b)Open the package and start assembling the piece without consulting the instruction manual at all.

2)Whenever you are on a couch, you are usually:
a)Sitting in a normal sitting position; feet on the floor, back straight.
b)Sprawled out on the couch; legs dangling over the sides in a semi laying down/sitting position.

3)Typically your hair is:
a)Unkempt
b)Kempt

4)Your room is typically:
a)Messy
b)Tidy

5)You dress for:
a)Comfort
b)Appearance

6)You are given the choice to work one of two jobs. Job A allows you to do something that you love doing for pay. Unfortunately, the pay is really low and you have to work full time in order to make any decent amount of money. Job B pays you very generously, and would give you the same amount of money as job A (worked full time) if you worked it part time. Unfortunately, you absolutely loathe what you would have to do to make money for this job. Which job would you choose?
a)Job A
b)Job B

7)You prefer:
a)Utilitarianism: Happiness of the majority > convicting the correct criminal.
b)Justice: Convicting the correct criminal > Happiness of the majority

8)Whenever anyone asks you a question, do you:
a)Respond immediately
b)Respond after a few moments of silence or not at all

9)You prefer to:
a)Socialize
b)Introspect

10)What do you seek most out of the following (only choose ONE)
a)Complete control over your life and environment
b)Love and acceptance from anybody (or everybody)
c)Inner peace
d)Admiration from your peers
e)Security in all aspects of your life
f)A perfect mind and body
g)Constant positive stimulation
h)Identification of who you are truly meant to be in this world
i)Absolute knowledge of everything that intimidates or intrigues you in life

wolverine

Describe this object to me.

red-apple.jpg

A large red apple with spots? I'm really unsure about how long you want the description! :)

Questions:

a)Open the package, making sure that all the pieces are there by consulting the instruction manual and then assemble the piece via following the instructions in said manual.

b)Sprawled out on the couch; legs dangling over the sides in a semi laying down/sitting position.

a)Unkempt

a)Messy

5)You dress for:
a)Comfort
b)Appearance

6)You are given the choice to work one of two jobs. Job A allows you to do something that you love doing for pay. Unfortunately, the pay is really low and you have to work full time in order to make any decent amount of money. Job B pays you very generously, and would give you the same amount of money as job A (worked full time) if you worked it part time. Unfortunately, you absolutely loathe what you would have to do to make money for this job. Which job would you choose?
a)Job A

7)You prefer:

a)Respond immediately

9)You prefer to:
b)Introspect

10)What do you seek most out of the following (only choose ONE)
b)Love and acceptance from anybody (or everybody)

Thankyou :)

wolverine

Well, I got ISFP from your description because you said things like:

But again, not much was provided regarding S vs. N.

Some of these links might be useful for you...

ISFP vs. INFP

Also, look at this link and scroll down to S vs. N section:
Lifexplore - Personality, Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, Tests, Type Descriptions, More

Also, here's a link to Enneagram type descriptions: 9types.com - Enneagram tests, type descriptions, forums

Thanks for the links, but unfortunately, both seem to be true to me :S
Does that make me an IxFP? i really think I'm in the middle of the spectrum here! To be honest, I really thought I might have been an INFP until I read that ISFP link. Now I can see both as being really accurate.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
An INFP uses Ne to collect information, and an ISFP uses Se to collect information. To decide between, you must decide which one you are more naturally gravitate to.

Voxx

A large red apple with spots? I'm really unsure about how long you want the description! :)

Sorry, I should have elaborated. Pretend that you are describing the apple to someone who has never seen one before. Try to describe it using at least 3 or more sentences. Describe it in any way that you want.

Questions:

This question correlates with the apple exercise. Your answer indicates that you prefer to use Sensation over Intuition.

The point you made about yourself below also indicates that you use Se:

Go to the http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/1966-mbti-tutorial.html and read the descriptions of each of the functions for more info on Se vs. Ne.

The following indicates that you prefer Perceiving over Judging.

a)Unkempt

a)Messy

-Constantly procrastinates.
-Don't have a lot of faith in my decisions.

When you said that you, “worry about being late to things” this could indicate a preference for either F or J. If you worry about being late to things because you fear that people will be displeased with you, you are using Feeling. If you worry about being late to something because you are sticking to a rigid routine, you are using Judging.

The info below indicates that you prefer using Feeling over Thinking.

a)Job A

7)You prefer:

-Don't want to offend people/hate fighting and confrontation.
-When friends don't show appreciation towards something I do for them, I fear that they don't like me. I need reassurance that they consider me a close friend lol.

Questions 8 and 9 dealt with introversion versus extroversion. Your answer to 8 indicates that you have an extraverted preference, whereas your answer to question 9 indicates that you prefer introversion.

a)Respond immediately

9)You prefer to:
b)Introspect

However, based on what you have told me about yourself, the following points indicate that you prefer introversion:

-Find it hard to open up, even around friends.
-When I do open up to VERY few people, it's usually online or sms. I can't vocalize my feelings. I generally become more affectionate or open online or via text message.
-Great listener.
-Can't initiate conversations with people I barely know.
-Can be a bit socially awkward and never knows what to say.
-Around people I like or people I don't know that well, I never know what to say and can't think of something to talk about and become shy. Around friends or people I've known for a while, I never stop talking.

And these:

-Has plenty of friends and a few best friends, but is quiet around people I don't know well.
-Don't mind being alone, but love being with friends.

Both indicate the use of introversion and extroversion. Conclusively, I would say that you prefer introversion over extroversion, so I would classify your type as IXFP. This means that your strongest function would be Fi and your second strongest would either be Ne or Se. Go to the link above, read about Ne and Se and then see which one resonates with you the most.

Question 10 was the enneagram question. Now, I am going to throw 3 more Yes/No questions at you:

Do you believe that if you do everything that you possibly can for people w/o expecting anything in return, they will love you?
Do you actually do things for people without asking for anything in return in hopes that they will develop feelings for you?
Do you often put the needs of others ahead of your own?

You’re welcome.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first thought is ISFP,
Second thought was INFP but would lean more towards the S.