I'm not really certain about my Myers-Briggs type, and I have recently become more interested in the typology so I am interested in making sure my typing is accurate.
I think that I am probable an ISTP or an ISFP. I think it's unlikely that I'm Extroverted or iNtuitive (but don't let that stop you).
Because I'm relatively unfamiliar with the typology (so I'm not yet sure what sort of information is relevant/irrelevant) and I'm kind of bad at spontaneously talking about myself, I was hoping that someone might have a set of questions for me to answer, or something to that effect.
I can try to tell you a little bit about myself --
My hobbies and interests include:
- Music (I am a multi-instrumentalist, composer, and part-time music teacher, it is an extremely significant part of my life in terms of time and effort invested as well as satisfaction and stimulation)
- Woodwork (Mostly scrolling)
- Needlework (mostly cross-stitching and embroidery, some sewing, though I intend to take up knitting)
- Arts and crafts generally (I use all sorts of materials, and I tend to make whatever I need where I can -- for example I'm in the process of making a bird-shaped paintbrush holder out of felt, raffia, and a lot of glue. My favourite materials are probably oil pastels because it feels more "physical", using your hands to spread, smudge or blend colours)
- Rock Climbing (probably my favourite sport and social activity)
- Creative Writing (usually scifi, fantasy, fanfiction)
- Dancing (I'm interested in ballroom dancing and I studied it for several years, it's one of the few sports I will actually watch
- Poker (socializing often involves this)
- Morrowind (best game ever, when I was very sick a few years back I used to play it about 6 hours a day and I've never gotten sick of it)
- Speed Grapher (an anime I might be obsessed with)
- Biology (especially human biology, genetics, evolution, taxonomy)
- Psychology (especially personality theories, neuropsychiatry and evolutionary psychology)
- Archaeology & Ancient History (among my best memories are traveling around visiting ruins and excavations in Italy (Villa Jovis, Grotto Matermania, Pompeii, Ercolano Scavi) and the UK (Stonehenge, Cadbury Castle, Hadrian's Wall and the Roman forts along it)... I really want to go traveling again and see more)
I'm told that I'm generally pretty quiet, but that I can be quite animated when any of the above turn up in conversation. I am unskilled at small talk, which I understand frustrates people. I'm also kind of shy and awkward unless I'm doing something with my hands (like holding a musical instrument, carrying food/drinks, holding my cards/chips, etc.).
I like making things (the above list probably demonstrates that well enough).
I'm a perfectionist and as a result rarely finish anything that doesn't really need to be finished.
Not sure what else to say!