User Tag List

12311 Last

Ginkgo

Default INFp Turning into INFj

I would like to begin by simply stating that I am new to these forums. So, hello!

I have taken the MBTI several times in the past year. I was initially typed as an INFP before retaking it to get INFJ. Both of the archetypes resonate with me, thus I label myself as an INFX. Furthermore, my Ni is just as strong as my Ne, and they are often interchangeable depending on what I feel like.

However, upon thoughtful consideration, I have recently begun to organize my life as an INFJ would. After all, I have now left the mess that is my parents house, both of whom are "P" types. I have also noticed that, by doing this, my Ni is becoming more dominant than my Ne; and it is truly empowering to be able to move to conclusions more readily than I used to.

So, I ask you. Is it possible for a young adult to "change" his or her type?

Regardless of your answer, I am still going to strive to become more "J" like in order to harness and categorize my environment.

PS - Don't give me that damned infjorinfp link. The woman who made is it batshit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I would like to begin by simply stating that I am new to these forums. So, hello!
    Welcome. Glad to have you.

So, I ask you. Is it possible for a young adult to "change" his or her type?
    No.

Others may think you can somehow change your preferences, but my opinion on the matter is that type is innate and behavior =/= type.

That's some true J for ya.

PS - Don't give me that damned infjorinfp link. The woman who made is it batshit crazy.

---
    I also have strong Ne, but I'm sure Ni is my dominant function.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

J or P only determines your dominant function. They are not functions in themselves. If you feel you are an introvert and have always had intuition as your dominant function, then you've always been an INFJ.

Ne-dom is ENFP anyway, not INFP. An INFP is Fi-dom (introverted feeling).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Welcome. Glad to have you.

No.

Others may think you can somehow change your preferences, but my opinion on the matter is that type is innate and behavior =/= type.

That's some true J for ya.

---
    I also have strong Ne, but I'm sure Ni is my dominant function.
    So, are you saying that I am forever trapped on the crossroads between these 2 types? How depressing. But if what you say is true, then at least I am unique! You can no longer cram me in your little stereotypical boxes!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Ne-dom is ENFP anyway, not INFP. An INFP is Fi-dom (introverted feeling).
    Right, but INFJ is Ni dominant. What I meant to say was that they are equally strong.

My cognitive processes usually go as follows:

Ni>Fi>Ne>Si>Te

I might be wrong. I need more time to analyze myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Well hello there! Delighted to have you around. What I would have said would be the same as what OA said so I can't give you much here .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

So, are you saying that I am forever trapped on the crossroads between these 2 types?
    No, I'm saying you are one or the other. Even if it's a small p or small j (many, many INFJs have a small J), you are only one.
    But if what you say is true, then at least I am unique! You can no longer cram me in your little stereotypical boxes!
    Get into the box! You little runt... *pushes you in and sits on the box*

Ni>Fi>Ne>Si>Te

I might be wrong. I need more time to analyze myself.
    INFJs often test as having high Fi. But I think cognitive tests are next to worthless.

EDIT: Your functions actually seem closer to INFP. Except the Ni. And if you agree with the results that you have that strong of Si and Fe/Ti isn't very present, I'd go with INFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

My cognitive processes usually go as follows:

Ni>Fi>Ne>Si>Te
    The other core process of an INFJ (Ti and Fe) aren't even in your top half, so I'd say you're an INFP. What you experience as your J side coming out is probably you developing your Te. This is something most INFPs feel a need to do at some point in their lives, and it's considered their cornerstone of growth.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Ginkgo

Ok, thanks everybody! You have given me some peace of mind, but it is time for me to attend to my studies! I plan to make more posts in the future.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    The other core process of an INFJ (Ti and Fe) aren't even in your top half, so I'd say you're an INFP. What you experience as your J side coming out is probably you developing your Te. This is something most INFPs feel a need to do at some point in their lives, and it's considered their cornerstone of growth.
    The Ni that I experience is basically taking 2 pieces of information and drawing a conclusion from it. It feels like playing Sudoku, and it is often the first thing that happens when I am obtaining new information.