• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFp Turning into INFj

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree that Sim fully understands he is being proactive, but he wants the audience to acknowledge the analytical aspect (Ti) of his approach by stating he could be as equally harsh with any given type. He refused to back down from his style (much like what his opponents are doing) and this non-accommodating behavior can be translated as insensitivity to other's needs.

It's Fi vs. Ti, and Simulated World himself has acknowledged how Fi and Ti can both be deeply inflexible.

He even goes as far to say that INFPs are only open minded until their beliefs are violated. What he doesn't admit is that he as an ENTP is just as hypocritical, and his behavior is a Ti mirror of the Fi behavior he so despises. I mean, yes, he's theoretically aware of it, but he doesn't acknowledge it in himself which is hilarious because that's what he says INFPs do.

Simulated World is equally harsh with others. I will attest to that. He also gets special amusement from Fi doms taking what he calls his "objectivity" (that's questionable) personally.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's Fi vs. Ti, and Simulated World himself has acknowledged how Fi and Ti can both be deeply inflexible.

He even goes as far to say that INFPs are only open minded until their beliefs are violated. What he doesn't admit is that he as an ENTP is just as hypocritical, and his behavior is a Ti mirror of the Fi behavior he so despises. I mean, yes, he's theoretically aware of it, but he doesn't acknowledge it in himself which is hilarious because that's what he says INFPs do.

Simulated World is equally harsh with others. I will attest to that. He also gets special amusement from Fi doms taking what he calls his "objectivity" (that's questionable) personally.

I'm sure he has mentioned that ENTPs can be just as inflexible (and subjective) from his disdain of auxiliary Ti.
Suffice it to say I find Ti equally annoying and constantly wish I didn't have to use it for internal judgments. The fact that it doesn't take in any information from the outside world and also subjectively validates itself is pretty bothersome--Ti is totally unaware that its own conceptions of logic are just as subjective as Fi's conceptions of ethics.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure he has mentioned that ENTPs can be just as inflexible (and subjective) from his disdain of auxiliary Ti.

I already said that he acknowledges it in theory. Yet he mostly attributes the behavior that annoys him to INTPs, not ENTPs. And he clearly isn't acknowledging it in himself as an individual, which would seem like a cool thing to do before he asks other people to do the same thing...

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I already said that he acknowledges it in theory. Yet he mostly attributes the behavior that annoys him to INTPs, not ENTPs.

I've read earlier posts of his tackling this issue, but I'll be stopping here because this is mostly Sim's call.

And he clearly isn't acknowledging it in himself as an individual, which would seem like a cool thing to do before he asks other people to do the same thing...

The cause of conflict is even clearer to me now.

Which does goes back to this post of mine: Here

His focus is mostly fixed upon the functional theory related to the thread's theme, and he is using a form of presentation that relies on lesser neutral terminology. If given the opportunity to dissect a classic ENTP's flaws under a more appropriate topic, he may offer a similarly critical analysis. [So in other words, self-analysis (Fi) is not his main drive at this point.]

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Disclaimer: Just trying to play a little devil's advocate here, not trying to insult anyone.

Originally Posted by simulatedworld
Suffice it to say I find Ti equally annoying and constantly wish I didn't have to use it for internal judgments. The fact that it doesn't take in any information from the outside world and also subjectively validates itself is pretty bothersome--Ti is totally unaware that its own conceptions of logic are just as subjective as Fi's conceptions of ethics.

I am going to rewrite this Sim-style, in a way that Fi users might read his posts on Fi:

Ti's dogmatic, even histrionic insistence that it alone judges the world objectively is like having sex with oneself for the sake of attempting procreation. Ti users obsessively masturbate using this personal mythos of objective perfection and live in a world where all that's required to validate or give birth to an arrogantly dictatorial conclusion is the belief that they are "right" and the rest of the world is merely full of vapid, moronic idiots. After all, no one can satisfy oneself as well as Ti's own hand can.​

How did I do? Sounds way more evil now I think ... :devil:

But I love all you NT's - just trying to put the shoe on the other foot, you know? :hug:

Maybe that doesn't bug you at all - tell me what you think - I am interested to know if it makes you laugh or is irritating.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Disclaimer: Just trying to play a little devil's advocate here, not trying to insult anyone.

I am going to rewrite this Sim-style, in a way that Fi users might read his posts on Fi:

Ti's dogmatic, even histrionic insistence that it alone judges the world objectively is like having sex with oneself for the sake of attempting procreation. Ti users obsessively masturbate using this personal mythos of objective perfection and live in a world where all that's required to validate or give birth to an arrogantly dictatorial conclusion is the belief that they are "right" and the rest of the world is merely full of vapid, moronic idiots. After all, no one can satisfy oneself as well as Ti's own hand can.​

But I love all you NT's - just trying to put the shoe on the other foot, you know? :hug:

Maybe that doesn't bug you at all - tell me what you think - I am interested to know if it makes you laugh or is irritating.

Haha! Quite clever actually.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

:laugh::banana:

This is awesome.

The only way it could possibly be funnier if it was done in a dry manner with no apology...

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ROFL! No, actually, I found that hilarious. :D

I probably wouldn't comment otherwise because if someone did perceive things that way, it is largely their problem to solve, not mine. :) Thanks for turning around the tables though. ;) I'm rather amused. :yes:

However, I do acknowledge that while I revel in criticism, someone may be significantly more sensitive towards them than I am. It's difficult to know just how much they feel when you rarely experience this sort of reaction yourself.

G

Ginkgo

Watching this conflict unfold is, in fact, hilarious. It provides some excellent insight as to how you guys interact around here. :)

G

Ginkgo

Ok everybody, I'm definitely INFP because I have strong Ne. It should be pretty obvious in the fact that this thread is so long. I couldn't even make up my mind. :D

So yeah, thanks everyone! Sorry for the confusion.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's possible that you're a Fi + (Ne + Ni) + Fe mutt, some weird INFJ and INFP hybrid that leans over to the INFP side. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Or you're an INFP. Obviously every INFP is not exactly alike.

'Tis great when I get to say "I told you so." ;)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He's probably an INFP, but with a functional arrangement similar to an INFJ's and INFP's. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok everybody, I'm definitely INFP because I have strong Ne. It should be pretty obvious in the fact that this thread is so long. I couldn't even make up my mind. :D

So yeah, thanks everyone! Sorry for the confusion.

I'm definitely an NFP and stronger with Fi and Ne, but I do have some Ni too. Everyone is different in that regard.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's probably an INFP, but with a functional arrangement similar to an INFJ's and INFP's. :)

I don't think so. His first (hint: probably the most accurate) cognitive results were Fi>Ne>Si>Te, with (probably bogus due to bias) Ni as the highest function. That's the functional arrangement of...INFP. Straight.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm definitely an NFP and stronger with Fi and Ne, but I do have some Ni too. Everyone is different in that regard.

Yes, there's also some INFP/INTP hybrids, a INFP/ISFP hybrid, INFPs with strong Te, etc. on this site. The possibilities continue.

I don't think so. His first (hint: probably the most accurate) cognitive results were Fi>Ne>Si>Te, with (probably bogus due to bias) Ni as the highest function. That's the functional arrangement of...INFP. Straight.

Never saw that part. You may be right. :)

His Ni could be a developed skill, than a natural preference.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Welcome to the INxP club!

Just curious: Could you strongly use both Ti and Fi at the same time?

As for my top three preferences, I can't use them actively at the same time because there will be too much conflict. They work better as a tag-team.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never saw that part. You may be right. :)

His Ni could be a developed skill, than a natural preference.

There is no Ni to be found in the OP's posts, unless everyone else knows about a different Ni than I do. But it's a lot more likely that people just don't know exactly how Ni presents itself (in INFJs), and are attributing the result of Fi-Ne to Ni.