• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFp Turning into INFj

G

Ginkgo

When you were INFX I pretty much immediately knew you were INFJ... it's in your posting style. Why do you think you're an INFP? Your posting style is almost identical to the INFJ way.

I'm just going to settle for INFJ. I'm sick of not knowing.

The primary reasons I considered INFP as possibilities are that I have scored INFP accordingly and that I was diagnosed with ADD as a child. I always hated this diagnosis because I knew that I was simply disinterested in my teachers' lectures. I was much more interested in my doodles and what not.

I also don't like the fact that the MBTI Test asks you questions about your environment and timeliness. These things were entirely up to my parents.

However, in young adulthood, I have learned to focus my attention to whatever's happening, particularly in academics.

This could very well be developmental.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I think you're INFP. That paragraph that you wrote about being an independent and wanting peace says Fi-dom all the way to me. Cognitive processes tests don't prove anything but how well you know the functions and which ones to choose to result in a certain output. You've already said you want to be Ni dominant, so that's bias right there that will skew your results.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

The primary reasons I considered INFP as possibilities are that I have scored INFP accordingly and that I was diagnosed with ADD as a child. I always hated this diagnosis because I knew that I was simply disinterested in my teachers' lectures. I was much more interested in my doodles and what not.

I also don't like the fact that the MBTI Test asks you questions about your environment and timeliness. These things were entirely up to my parents.

However, in young adulthood, I have learned to focus my attention to whatever's happening, particularly in academics.

You thought you were an INFP because you were diagnosed with ADD? What?:huh:

I don't have ADD. I'm very focused.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I think you're INFP. That paragraph that you wrote about being an independent and wanting peace says Fi-dom all the way to me.

That just sounds like enneagram 9w1 to me.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What do you think indicates Ni or Fe about you?

Simulated World is very touchy about Fi. Repeatedly. Over and over again.

So you very well may have a point.

Do you really believe INFPs/Fi are the only types that I give sharp criticism?

Look at my visitor wall. Talk to non-INFPs that I've argued with. Read some of posts, for crying out loud. Could it be that the only time you see our paths cross tends to be in Fi-related threads? Don't you think this might have something to do with you never seeing any threads where I criticize other types and functions?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That just sounds like enneagram 9w1 to me.

This?

When I'm with a group of people, I feel the need to bring them together, whether it be by ideology or just getting something done. As far as I'm concerned, fighting just impedes progress and hurts people. For the most part, it's pointless.

We should all work toward a common goal out of love and respect for one another instead of pointlessly bickering. I am a registered independent because I refuse to choose political "stances", and my favorite color is purple because it represents a harmony between both red and blue.

For me, morality is instinctual. I realized this today as I read an article online about a little girl who threw a fowl ball back into the field. A huge grin trailed across my face as I said to myself "That was the right thing to do".

However, I don't think that morality is objective. My Ne tells me that there are often too many factors involved to just arbitrarily determine what is "right" and what is "wrong". A VERY basic example of this would be a a situation in which you had to kill somebody in order to save your own hide. Suddenly "Thou shalt not kill" goes out the window. By the way, I don't prescribe to any religious movement. My Ne also tells me that religions like to play the "Us and them" game.

Morality is simply something that I alter as I learn more things. It is a slow evolution of sorts. < Was that a very Te thing to say?

I know how an Ni dominant processes and thinks, and that is not it, regardless of Enneatype. If someone asked me about myself, I am certainly not going to talk about morality right off the bat because that's not my primary concern. It would be, however, if I were F dominant like the OP is.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I'm with a group of people, I feel the need to bring them together, whether it be by ideology or just getting something done. As far as I'm concerned, fighting just impedes progress and hurts people. For the most part, it's pointless.

We should all work toward a common goal out of love and respect for one another instead of pointlessly bickering. I am a registered independent because I refuse to choose political "stances", and my favorite color is purple because it represents a harmony between both red and blue.

This is so Fe... how is it not?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you really believe INFPs/Fi are the only types that I give sharp criticism?

Look at my visitor wall. Talk to non-INFPs that I've argued with. Read some of posts, for crying out loud. Could it be that the only time you see our paths cross tends to be in Fi-related threads? Don't you think this might have something to do with you never seeing any threads where I criticize other types and functions?

You're sharply critical with almost everyone. To imagine that I haven't noticed it by now is rather disingeneous of you. I was obviously trying to yank your chain (in a pointedly humourous manner I might add). Apparently it worked. ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is so Fe... how is it not?

Explain.

Also, why are we comparing Fi vs. Fe? It doesn't make sense to compare a primary function with a secondary function. We should be trying to figure out Ni vs. Fi, like polikujm commented.

deleted
If there is more proof of Fi over Ni focus, visa versa, then there should be a solution, I think despite the theoretical secondary focus (Ne/Fe). I say this because there is obvious uncertainty about J/P, and one is not necessarily more adept at Ne than Fe if one shows no inherent focus to either. The question remains however.

G

Ginkgo

This?

I know how an Ni dominant processes and thinks, and that is not it, regardless of Enneatype. If someone asked me about myself, I am certainly not going to talk about morality right off the bat because that's not my primary concern. It would be, however, if I were F dominant like the OP is.

I have to say that I wasn't boasting about morality right off the bat.

I was on sleeping pills when I made that post, and I rarely show those thoughts to anyone.

I don't even take them seriously.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He wants to bring a group together... that's like the stereotypical Fe role socially. He hates it when people fight... He wants everyone as a whole to work together to make the world a better place. That sounds like Fe with Ni leading it to me. Why do you think that that sounds like Fi, which is personally focused? This is talking about people, not himself. And as he just said, he doesn't just go around and boast about how much of a moral person he is, he doesn't take his thoughts on morality seriously and is much more concerned with group harmony and harmony between himself and individuals. Again, how on earth is this Fi?

As an Fi dominant, I could really care less about "bringing the group together", and yeah I hate it when people fight but I'm an enneagram 9, conflict and anything that unsettles the peace scares the shit out of me. I don't even think of everyone working together to make things a better place...

G

Ginkgo

Check these profiles out-

INFJ

This implies INFJ- Chart-the-Course

They both speak to me, but mostly these. I don't usually appreciate outside input, and I like to visualize what the final result will be before I even start on a project.

I especially hate when someone decides to impulsively critique my art or even try to add their own little touch to it.

If their is conflict within a group project, I wait for it to settle itself out. If it continues, I will tell the two parties to either stop or I'll kick one out.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're sharply critical with almost everyone. To imagine that I haven't noticed it by now is rather disingeneous of you. I was obviously trying to yank your chain (in a pointedly humourous manner I might add). Apparently it worked. ;)

Apparently it did. I actually read that as totally serious. Good work :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He wants to bring a group together... that's like the stereotypical Fe role socially. He hates it when people fight... He wants everyone as a whole to work together to make the world a better place. That sounds like Fe with Ni leading it to me. Why do you think that that sounds like Fi, which is personally focused? This is talking about people, not himself. And as he just said, he doesn't just go around and boast about how much of a moral person he is, he doesn't take his thoughts on morality seriously and is much more concerned with group harmony and harmony between himself and individuals. Again, how on earth is this Fi?

As an Fi dominant, I could really care less about "bringing the group together", and yeah I hate it when people fight but I'm an enneagram 9, conflict and anything that unsettles the peace scares the shit out of me. I don't even think of everyone working together to make things a better place...

Fi can consist of any type of values, so if the OP sees value in peace and bringing people together, that is completely in line with Fi. You may not value this, but that's why Fi is a subjective function.

Also, taken from cognitiveprocesses.com:

Introverted Feeling:

follow absolute ideals, a specific belief system, or empowering identity

loyally stick with your “group” (whatever that may be)

stay always true to what you want for yourself or others

patiently abide people how you can for their unique happiness

patiently keep balancing the core issues of peace and conflict in life's situations

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ The 2nd one bullshit. Fi is not group-oriented at all.

G

Ginkgo

(Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis. )

If this is Ni, then mine is strong. It is almost all that I think about.

Even now I am exploring the possibilities of how you will respond.

Does it require external information?