User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 233

  1. #81
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    I have a question. Just how much do you want to be an INFJ? To that extent, you're less likely to be one. I was in your same situation at one time, debating whether I was a J or P. The thing that made me decide on P was the simple fact that I want to be a J. Because I have this desire, I know I'm biased to think I'm a J, no matter how impartial I try to be. The only way to counter that bias is to reject the possibility I'm a J, except in the face of overwhelming evidence. If I were you, that's what I would do also.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  2. #82
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I have a question. Just how much do you want to be an INFJ? To that extent, you're less likely to be one. I was in your same situation at one time, debating whether I was a J or P. The thing that made me decide on P was the simple fact that I want to be a J. Because I have this desire, I know I'm biased to think I'm a J, no matter how impartial I try to be. The only way to counter that bias is to reject the possibility I'm a J, except in the face of overwhelming evidence. If I were you, that's what I would do also.
    I'm not insecure about it. I'm simply trying to understand the processes.

  3. #83
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I'm just going to settle for INFJ. I'm sick of not knowing.
    This is, in itself, INFJ. INFPs would tend to suspend judgment and continue searching for information; that results-oriented insistence on making a decision is characteristic of Je (in your case, Fe.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The primary reasons I considered INFP as possibilities are that I have scored INFP accordingly and that I was diagnosed with ADD as a child. I always hated this diagnosis because I knew that I was simply disinterested in my teachers' lectures. I was much more interested in my doodles and what not.
    Those have nothing to do with INFPness, really, so maybe you're INFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I also don't like the fact that the MBTI Test asks you questions about your environment and timeliness. These things were entirely up to my parents.
    Good point--picking apart the errors in perception that happen when we assume the MBTI test is balanced or accurate. Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    However, in young adulthood, I have learned to focus my attention to whatever's happening, particularly in academics.

    This could very well be developmental.
    That's too vague to help much. "Whatever's happening" could be any function.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    (Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis. )

    If this is Ni, then mine is strong. It is almost all that I think about.

    Even now I am exploring the possibilities of how you will respond.

    Does it require external information?
    Sounds pretty Ni to me. Ne would probably focus more on making sure it gets the wide breadth and covers all the implications of whatever it's focusing on explaining at the moment.

    The first post you gave explaining your morals sounded very INFP, but these last few are making me lean more toward INFJ.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #84
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post



    That's too vague to help much. "Whatever's happening" could be any function.
    The subject matter was boring because I could pick up on it easily, and it required little of my effort.

    However, I was always trying to understand the teachers.

    Edit: Even as I walked into their rooms, I would observe the decorations on the walls and the way things were organized. People always wondered why I did this. They claimed that I looked "lost". However, I was just understanding and even critiquing the teacher.

  5. #85
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    The indecisiveness says P more than anything, if we're just going with preferences.

    In any event, I don't see why you want to be INFJ over INFP so badly. Like Nunki said, that means you're probably not. I would've liked to be whichever type I was (and yes, I would have known which one that was because I'm a J ).

  6. #86
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The subject matter was boring because I could pick up on it easily, and it required little of my effort.

    However, I was always trying to understand the teachers.

    Edit: Even as I walked into their rooms, I would observe the decorations on the walls and the way things were organized. People always wondered why I did this. They claimed that I looked "lost". However, I was just understanding and even critiquing the teacher.
    Which would be worse, being immoral or being unable to see other perspectives?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #87
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Which would be worse, being immoral or being unable to see other perspectives?
    The latter. Definately. Isn't that how you form morality in the first place?

  8. #88
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The latter. Definately. Isn't that how you form morality in the first place?
    Ok yeah, INFJ.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #89
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ok yeah, INFJ.
    In fact, that's why I quit going to church. They couldn't see that their perspective was the same as the other denominations' perspectives. It bothered the hell out of me.

    Don't start a religious argument please.

  10. #90
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ok yeah, INFJ.
    At this point, how can you say that? The OP is completely biased towards being INFJ, that's clear. So of course they would pick the answer that they know corresponds to INFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Am I an INFP or an INFJ?
    By Kaveri in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 04:39 AM
  2. Why does this subforum turn into gloating about political gains for your own party?
    By simulatedworld in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Turning into an infp.
    By braziljoe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. [ENFP] INFP transitioning into an ENFP
    By Thessaly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 06:51 PM
  5. Is American Turning into a Third World Democracy?
    By nomadic in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO