• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFp Turning into INFj

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's irrelevant. I don't care how you feel about other functions. The problem is that your bias in this case is presenting a slanted view, and that makes you incapable of explaining Fi accurately.

There's too many people in this thread who don't have Fi as a function of their type asserting that their definition of it is more accurate over people who actually are Fi-dom. :rolli:

To the OP: The oh so exclusive INFJ club is not a welcoming one. Come to the INFP dark side; we'll embrace you with open arms :newwink: :cheese:

And once again, the only people who feel that I present their functions in an unbalanced light are NFPs.

Go figure.

Maybe if I heard a non-INFP make a serious case for me targeting INFPs to a much higher degree than I target other types, I'd see where you're coming from...but that never happens, so I don't.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And once again, the only people who feel that I present their functions in an unbalanced light are NFPs.

Go figure.

Maybe if I heard a non-INFP make a serious case for me targeting INFPs to a much higher degree than I target other types, I'd see where you're coming from...but that never happens, so I don't.

:doh:

You entirely missed the point. This has nothing to do with your opinion of other types. I don't care how much you target other types and if you harbor a bias against them also, or even moreso. The issue is, you openly dislike Fi-doms and it clearly taints any perspective you can give on them.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Being INFP is not a mental illness or behavioral disorder either :steam: :steam: :steam:

Haha! Oh, I never thought my post could be read this way! :laugh:

I'm trying to emphasize how ADD is commonly characterized by excessive external disorder and lack of attention, which are traits generally held by Ps. The difference between an ADDer and an 'ADD-like' neuro-typical person is that this behavior disrupts the ADDer's ability to lead a satisfactory life. There are certainly less boisterous ADD symptoms (ex: the forgetful, Winnie-the-Pooh dreamers), but they are often unnoticed by others.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:doh:

You entirely missed the point. This has nothing to do with your opinion of other types. I don't care how much you target other types and if you harbor a bias against them also, or even moreso. The issue is, you openly dislike Fi-doms and it clearly taints any perspective you can give on them.

Except that I don't openly dislike Fi doms, only the ones who exhibit the annoying behaviors I listed.

I have a number of Fi dominant friends; in fact, SFPs don't even have this problem, it's really just NFPs. But I also have a number of strong friendships with INFPs in real life, so no, your little theory about my imaginary emotional motivations is, once again, completely wrong. :doh:

My perspective isn't tainted; that's a misconception based on the assumption that I can't/don't separate logic from ethics. I can and do, with a lot more efficiency than most Fi users.

Whether or not I personally dislike something has nothing to do with my ability to evaluate it objectively. That's an Fi weakness.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Except that I don't openly dislike Fi doms, only the ones who exhibit the annoying behaviors I listed.

I have a number of Fi dominant friends; in fact, SFPs don't even have this problem, it's really just NFPs. But I also have a number of strong friendships with INFPs in real life, so no, your little theory about my imaginary emotional motivations is, once again, completely wrong. :doh:

My perspective isn't tainted; that's a misconception based on the assumption that I can't/don't separate logic from ethics. I can and do, with a lot more efficiency than most Fi users.

Whether or not I personally dislike something has nothing to do with my ability to evaluate it objectively. That's an Fi weakness.

No dude, that's called being a person. To think you're above bias is arrogant and naive.

You openly dislike INFPs (not Fi-doms then, since they're apparently less problematic). To deny that is a joke, especially when you admitted a distaste for J-doms a few posts above. Anyone can read your posts and see disparaging remark after disparaging remark, even about these so-called friends of yours who are supposedly INFP. I feel sorry for them also...

I'm not imagining emotion, I am seeing a clearly displayed bias. Emotion is not the issue here, so give that dead horse a rest.

Go ahead though, deflect attention from your bias by going on about Fi weaknesses and imagined emotion :rolli:.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Can you honestly go on and on about Fi weaknesses and really not see that your bias, as a human being, clouds your perspective of Fi and INFPs, just as it does with all human beings? There is no such thing as a truly objective human being. And if this freakishly objective automaton-like human does exist somewhere, I can reassure you that you, Simulated World, are not the one.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No dude, that's called being a person. To think you're above bias is arrogant and naive.

You openly dislike INFPs (not Fi-doms then, since they're apparently less problematic). To deny that is a joke, especially when you admitted a distaste for J-doms a few posts above. Anyone can read your posts and see disparaging remark after disparaging remark, even about these so-called friends of yours who are supposedly INFP. I feel sorry for them also...

I'm not imagining emotion, I am seeing a clearly displayed bias. Emotion is not the issue here, so give that dead horse a rest.

Go ahead though, deflect attention from your bias by going on about Fi weaknesses and imagined emotion :rolli:.

The fact that I have an admitted distaste for Ji as a process doesn't mean I openly hate all or even most INFPs as people. People are more than just one function/class of functions, and can make up for their negative traits with positive ones in other ways.

I don't inherently dislike INFPs, just the immature/obnoxious ones. As I said before I have INFP friends; they're just not the kind who exhibit the kind of ridiculous Fi/Ne misbehavior I've detailed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I will add here, to his credit, that he has a similar distaste for Te that I have witnessed repeatedly on this forum.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Uh huh.

And a similar distaste for Ni, and a similar distaste for Fe, and a similar distaste for Ti, and a similar distaste for Si.........I'm only as biased against INFPs as I am against every type.

I have some kind of distaste for every function and every type; that's what I'm trying to tell you. (I also have things I like about each type and each function, but why bother knowing what you're talking about when you can just mouth off?)

You all insist on operating with so little information as to have virtually no broader context on the nature of my typological views.

Please, please, please read more of my posts before you decide that INFPs are the only people I bash. You're not; you're just the only ones who think you are.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Uh huh.

but why bother knowing what you're talking about when you can just mouth off?)

You should take your own advice, sweetie.

You all insist on operating with so little information as to have virtually no broader context on the nature of my typological views.

Please, please, please read more of my posts before you decide that INFPs are the only people I bash. You're not; you're just the only ones who think you are.

I've read many, many of your posts. "You all"? Who is "you all"? How do you know that we're operating on "so little information," when in fact, yes, I've read a great many of your posts. And I've noticed that you do, in fact, just love to take it upon yourself to "correct" other people, even about their own type, regardless of what it is.

So NFPs all run around on little information? So little information my ass. My mother calls me a walking encyclopedia.

Actually, I've noticed other people who feel attacked by you, not just INFPs. You know who I'm talking about.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Uh huh.

And a similar distaste for Ni, and a similar distaste for Fe, and a similar distaste for Ti, and a similar distaste for Si.........I'm only as biased against INFPs as I am against every type.

I have some kind of distaste for every function and every type; that's what I'm trying to tell you. (I also have things I like about each type and each function, but why bother knowing what you're talking about when you can just mouth off?)

No, I don't believe you have an equal negative bias against all types. If a thread pops up discussing INFJs and INFPs, you're sure to have mostly good things to say about Ni Fe, and mostly bad about Fi Ne. God knows I spend enough time here to witness posts outside of the NF forum, so I AM making this point out of observation.

Again, I never said that you only bash INFPs, and that is not the issue.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same argument, every time this is brought up. Same responses from the same NFPs, every time. Yawn.

You aren't going to change his position. He's just trying to make you see the light of what he sees as the truth.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same argument, every time this is brought up. Same responses from the same NFPs, every time. Yawn.

You aren't going to change his position. He's just trying to make you see the light.

He's not going to change my position either. I'm not going to be blinded by someone else's bias :rolli:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not going to change my position either. I'm not going to be blinded by someone else's bias :rolli:

He is definitely biased against the NFPs that do as he's describing. Lol. He isn't biased against them all... He's been saying that. If you aren't as he's describing, don't post, since it doesn't apply to you (just my opinion on it anyway).

I talk to him a good bit, before I came to the conclusion that I was ISFP he thought I was a "cool INFP", so there isn't really a bias. He's just being aggressive, making it sound that way.

By the way I really enjoy reading these exchanges, it's made me learn a lot about FiNe vs FiSe.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in that statement?

HIS light. Not the light as in... absolute truth. He wants you to see what he sees as the truth. Instead of arguing with him, try to explain why he's wrong versus just personally attacking and blaming emotional attachments on his positions. Actually prove him wrong. That's what he wants you to do.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ They don't need to prove me wrong, as long as they can prove I'm an asshole, because that makes me wrong by extension (apparently.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
HIS light. Not the light as in... absolute truth. He wants you to see what he sees as the truth. Instead of arguing with him, try to explain why he's wrong versus just personally attacking and blaming emotional attachments on his positions. Actually prove him wrong. That's what he wants you to do.

Actually, I just like to fuck with him.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You people with Ne confuse the hell out of me. :azdaja: