First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yes, I agree. Especially because as a child, I was forced into being in a slovenly mess by my parents. They love me, but my mother had a horrible hording habit. I wanted to have control at first (J), but eventually I just gave up because she would always stop me from cleaning or throwing things out (P). This, I reckon, would be environment, and thus a "learned" behavior.
    Organization does not a J make. Mess does not a P make. But it can not be said enough times that INFJs, and other NJs, can be and often are, very messy. J is a state of mind, not about how many boxes you've checked off on your planner (or whether you have one).

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Organization does not a J make. Mess does not a P make. But it can not be said enough times that INFJs, and other NJs, can be and often are, very messy. J is a state of mind, not about how many boxes you've checked off on your planner (or whether you have one).
    Then, why would the MBTI test ask you a question like "Is your desk messy?"
    Is it a method of decision making that makes J's inclined toward organization? Is it just because they feel they have to do something constructive?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Then, why would the MBTI test ask you a question like "Is your desk messy?"
    Is it a method of decision making that makes J's inclined toward organization? Is it just because they feel they have to do something constructive?
    Because the tests are terrible.

For SJs, Judging may result in being excessively outwardly organized. But for NJs, who use Ni to perceive their world instead of Si, outer organization does not have to be a priority (ENxJs might be a bit more organized, with their Se, but still less so). Considering that Se (attention to surroundings) is the opposite function of Ni and INxJs spend most of their time in Ni mode, it follows that their environment would suffer as a result.

Ginkgo

Because the tests are terrible.

For SJs, Judging may result in being excessively outwardly organized. But for NJs, who use Ni to perceive their world instead of Si, outer organization does not have to be a priority (ENxJs might be a bit more organized, with their Se, but still less so). Considering that Se (attention to surroundings) is the opposite function of Ni and INxJs spend most of their time in Ni mode, it follows that their environment would suffer as a result.
    Very revealing.

I now understand that I unlock my Ni every time I'm painting. When I'm in this Ni frame of mind, I feel as though there are no rules. There is only pure creativity flowing through my veins, into my fingertips and onto the canvass. Does this sound about right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Very revealing.

I now understand that I unlock my Ni every time I'm painting. When I'm in this Ni frame of mind, I feel as though there are no rules. There is only pure creativity flowing through my veins, into my fingertips and onto the canvass. Does this sound about right?
    Sounds like Fi. I hear similar remarks from ISFP artists I know. I do a bit of drawing and I'm more concerned with what I'm trying to create; I have the end goal in mind.

Ginkgo

I just googled it.

1) Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting;
    2) Ni understand how things change and evolve over time and throughout history;
    3) Ni is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow;
    4) Ni perceives the inevitability of future events and notices ties to the past.

I often trace backward and forward in time. The best way I can describe it is "anticipation". It is especially present when I am talking with someone and I just "know" what they're going to say, or what they want to say. It also creates tension.
    The hairs on the back of my neck stand up if I anticipate something bad or harmful.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I just googled it.

1) Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting;
    2) Ni understand how things change and evolve over time and throughout history;
    3) Ni is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow;
    4) Ni perceives the inevitability of future events and notices ties to the past.

I often trace backward and forward in time. The best way I can describe it is "anticipation". It is especially present when I am talking with someone and I just "know" what they're going to say, or what they want to say. It also creates tension.
    The hairs on the back of my neck stand up if I anticipate something bad or harmful.
    Do you just *want* to be Ni dominant (can't blame you )? It seems that you're pinning things on Ni that are related to other functions.

Ginkgo

Do you just *want* to be Ni dominant (can't blame you )? It seems that you're pinning things on Ni that are related to other functions.
    Well, yes. But at the same time, I don't feel that Fi is my initial function.

What is your description of Ni?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

A better question would be how we describe Fi, since if you didn't click with my description of Ni then it probably isn't even in your top half. Please just take this test.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Well, yes. But at the same time, I don't feel that Fi is my initial function.

What is your description of Ni?
    Why not? I think Fi is a very interesting function, and not just "I like/don't like." Have you tried out ENFP? You're not "coding" as INFJ to me (sez Ni).

My description is to be continued. I'm working on le grand Ni delineation. It may take awhile.