failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    That's what I keep speculating is that he's taken on a lot of viewpoints on things based on his age and life experience. He does a lot of things that don't seem INTJish, but I wonder how much of an influence an ESFJ wife had on him over the course of a lifetime. He has such an understanding of relating to people that doesn't seem INTJ-like, which I want to attribute to my mother teaching him.

I usually remember a lot more things I'm supposed to do or others are supposed to do a lot more than my family. So, I'd say I'm stereotypically dependable. If I'm asked to do something, it just doesn't escape my mind. If it seems like I don't know about it, I've likely made the conscious choice to just act like I don't know about it in order to avoid something. His big picture view doesn't coincide with my tunnel vision tendencies much. I tend to bring him back down to Earth though when we're communicating about something Te-related.

Si is just a great focus on the past. It's about the experiences you've accumulated over the course of your life and how they've added to your understanding. If something's worked in the past, it's expected to work again, and if it doesn't, there's usually a reason why that needs to be inspected greatly. I just take pride in my ability to focus on one thing. If I'm allowed to narrow in on one thing, I can accomplish something amazing, but usually life isn't that accommodating.

I was just telling someone at a bookstore today that was complaining about her job as the manager. I told her I would *love* her job because it would be my sole priority as opposed to juggling work and school. If I had a job I believed in, I would focus on it so much and it would really give my life meaning. I hate the juggling act that is being in college while working full time. I'm able to make schedules but it still fucking sucks. Maybe one day.
    Probably so about your father. My functions and their usage has had soooo much impact by being with my s.o., who's functions are quite a bit diff than mine. I really am sold on the opposites thing. I think I would def have better or deeper discussions more often with an N dom person, but I'm not sure over time, I wouldn't find the N commonality a bit boring. I really like the challenge and surprises that come with a whole different perceiving function.

I'm sure Life in general just fleshes out your basic personality type. I think that's why older people are so wise. From an MBTI perspective, they've had so many years to develop all their functions mo bettah, if they are open to that, that is.

Wow. Working full time while attending school is a whole lot of work. I feel for you. I could see how a nice, stable, job at a book store would appeal to you as an istj. It's good to keep that in mind as you go through college, so you can end up in a place, and with a degree, that fits your personality, and what you desire for work. Thanks for the Si info. I think my daughter is an istj, so it's always nice to understand a bit more about things.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Okay, sorry. I had to comment here. I had a hoarding mother too. I hated it. I easily labeled her as ISTJ, very controlling, very uptight, never threw anything away. If that's what you are going on by calling Mom a 'p,' I'd be interested to know. Ps and Js can both be hoarders. I was so relieved to get out of my mother's house too! Finally, control over my own environment!! yay! Again, you sound J here........

I'll stop now.
    My mother is an ESFP and my father is an INFP. However, based on the definition of genetic heredity, I don't think that concludes that I am either a P or a J.

I am certain that my mother hordes items as a means of coping with tremendous loss. Her sister died 13 years ago, and she has had several miscarriages. Surely, her mental state has deteriorated because of these experiences. In addition, her "ESFP-ness" makes her inclined to spend money generous ways; thus, she accumulates many possessions regardless of their worth. In fact, my parents' houses have always been over-run with garbage and clutter. I feel terribly sorry for her.

My father, on the other hand, is extremely accepting of her. He often acts as a door mat for her uncleanly behavior. I am both envious and frustrated by this. In a way, I feel that it encourages her negative habits.

Whenever a friend would come over to our house, I would get terribly upset because I knew that my friend was going to think of my family as a bunch of lazy freaks. Meanwhile, I would keep in mind that most families were much more cleanly. I suppose this would be Fe, but it could have been evoked by tremendous stress. Stress causes shadow functions to become present where they once weren't. :steam:

Regarding my writing style : I write in a structured fashion because I want the reader to know what I am saying. In addition, I know that some MBTI archetypes are rather turned off by flowery language. Funny enough, I often find myself re-reading my posts before I click enter just to make sure.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Probably so about your father. My functions and their usage has had soooo much impact by being with my s.o., who's functions are quite a bit diff than mine. I really am sold on the opposites thing. I think I would def have better or deeper discussions more often with an N dom person, but I'm not sure over time, I wouldn't find the N commonality a bit boring. I really like the challenge and surprises that come with a whole different perceiving function.

I'm sure Life in general just fleshes out your basic personality type. I think that's why older people are so wise. From an MBTI perspective, they've had so many years to develop all their functions mo bettah, if they are open to that, that is.

Wow. Working full time while attending school is a whole lot of work. I feel for you. I could see how a nice, stable, job at a book store would appeal to you as an istj. It's good to keep that in mind as you go through college, so you can end up in a place, and with a degree, that fits your personality, and what you desire for work. Thanks for the Si info. I think my daughter is an istj, so it's always nice to understand a bit more about things.
    I'm starting to understand more work dynamics between INFJs and ISTJs. I have an INFJ supervisor and an INFJ coworker. I get to see their reactions to me frequently, and I think they're more of surprised by the Fi than the Si/Te. I hone in on my own personal interests rather than the people around me. If the people around me become an interest, then Te can come off as Fe when really it's just very effective strategic communication.

I remember reading somewhere about INFJs viewing ISTJs as this person they just look at and think, "This guy is just so concrete and factual." I'm just so focused on immediate perceptions and understandings because they're what's really reliable to me. I'm starting realize lately that I take on the viewpoint of relying on my senses so much because I'm so incapable of making intuitive leaps. The lack of ability to make intuitive leaps pushes me to put my faith in what my senses can report back as logically verifiable.

INFJ girls are just really interesting to me for some reason. :P