First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The former makes more sense to me. My initial response to Brave New World is "Totalitarianism is bad". Then I read 1984 and also say "Totalitarianism is bad."

Therefore, I can connect the dots and say that both books, while different, fall under a common theme.

However, I know that both authors obviously had strong convictions against totalitarianism, so who really cares in the end? What is the result?
    You would be connecting the dots by individual values: morality (Fi) or logic (Ti).

What's "bad" or "good" falls under the scope of Fi.

(When I connect the dots, I connect them by a similar theme -- Ti, Te, Fi, Fe -- that I may not necessarily be interested in. So Ni is unbiased and flexible in this aspect. Yet when I need to accomplish something, I filter out anything that doesn't fit into my Te. I might use the discarded information for another time.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    You would be connecting the dots by individual values: morality (Fi) or logic (Ti).

What's "bad" or "good" falls under the scope of Fi.
    Haha, right.

Would a Ti user simply state "Totalitarianism exists"?

Is it my Fe+Ni that tells me that the 2 books are rather frivolous because both of the authors' Fi told them that "Totalitarianism is bad"?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Haha, right.

Would a Ti user simply state "Totalitarianism exists"?

Is it my Fe+Ni that tells me that the 2 books are rather frivolous because both of the authors' Fi told them that "Totalitarianism is bad"?
    A Ti user would want to nitpick at the concept of Totalitarianism by measuring how it compares to their idea of logic (Ti).

Saying "Totalitarianism exists" is done with a perceiving function (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) as the data remains unaltered. [This saying is most likely going to be stated by a Se user since it perceives objects/ideas as they simply are by itself.] The judging functions (Te, Ti, Fi, Fe) tell what the individual does with the information: (ex: Totalitarianism is bad.)

Fe would deem the books rather frivolous if it doesn't meet up to Fe's standards. I doubt Fi (personal good & evil) would play that strong of a role here.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Ginkgo

A Ti user would want to nitpick at the concept of Totalitarianism by measuring how it compares to their idea of logic (Ti).

Saying "Totalitarianism exists" is done with a perceiving function (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) and that is most likely going to be stated by a Se user. The judging functions (Te, Ti, Fi, Fe) tell what the individual does with the information: (ex: Totalitarianism is bad.)
    Learning about different people is awesome.

So Ti might say "Ti is effective because..."

Question: Do Fi users often try to justify their morality by using their Te or even Ti?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Learning about different people is awesome.

So Ti might say "Ti is effective because..."

Question: Do Fi users often try to justify their morality by using their Te or even Ti?

Ti is accurate because...
    Te is effective because...

Fi dominant users would justify their morality with how they feel (i.e - certain emotions are good or evil) about them, including whether or not it syncs together into their existing morals.

As an INTJ, I often justify my morality with Te.

Ginkgo

Ti is accurate because...
    Te is effective because...

Fi dominant users would justify their morality with how they feel (i.e - certain emotions are good or evil) about them, including whether or not it syncs together into their existing morals.

As an INTJ, I often justify my morality with Te.
    Correct, that is the direct cause.

However, if an Fi user was in a debate with a Ti user, would she or he back up the morality with fact, lest they be defeated?

Edit: I see.

Have you drawn a conclusion as to what my order of preference is? Am I a generic INFP?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Correct, that is the direct cause.

However, if an Fi user was in a debate with a Ti user, would she or he back up the morality with fact, lest they be defeated?
    For pure conceptual understanding, I will assume we're speaking about the classic MB types.

Facts: Sensing
    Theories: Intuiting

Yes, INFPs would use Si (standardized data over time) to support their reasoning, while an ISFP would rely on Se (immediate sensory data). Sometimes, they may want to use Ti or any non-preferential function because it is the only way they can continue upholding their Fi.

Have you drawn a conclusion as to what my order of preference is? Am I a generic INFP?
    The more I speak to you, the more I can see your INFP side. But as for being a generic INFP, I still have yet to find out. So I am roughly adhering to my initial interpretation of your preferences until there's a better reason not to. I might withdraw the guess on your tertiary Fe, though. It may be your Fi mimicking that function.

Ginkgo

The more I speak to you, the more I can see your INFP side. But as for being a generic INFP, I still have yet to find out. So I am roughly adhering to my initial interpretation of your preferences until there's a better reason not to. I might withdraw the guess on your tertiary Fe, though. It may be your Fi mimicking that function.
    Thank you for using smilies for emotional appeal.

I know my Fe is high because I can't watch horror movies, surgical documentaries, or anything where people are being beat up and bruised.

I know it's not my Fi because my reactions are not based on my own definition of morality. I literally feel discomfort when I see things like that. I could never be a medical doctor. I'm so much more concerned with the human psyche.

EDIT: In fact, last week, I met an Emergency Paramedic who had the bright idea of showing me a picture of a corpse with his iPhone. The scene was a result of a drunk driving accident in which a man was literally severed in half. Consequentially, I nearly threw up on the spot, and I was thinking about it for the rest of the day.

I kept imagining this guy rolling around on the pavement with his entrails all over. Ugh.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Thank you for using smilies for emotional appeal.

I know my Fe is high because I can't watch horror movies, surgical documentaries, or anything where people are being beat up and bruised.

I know it's not my Fi because my reactions are not based on my own definition of morality. I literally feel discomfort when I see things like that. I could never be a medical doctor. I'm so much more concerned with the human psyche.
    I use smilies whenever I'm aware that someone is paying attention to the emotional content of my posts. I don't want them to misinterpret my analysis as a hidden form of hostility, arrogance or any expression I did not intend. Funny enough, it's the Ts that does this to me. I suppose I underestimate their tertiary or inferior F.

Fi can include other people. Introverted feeling would say, "I believe we shouldn't be allowed to beat up and bruise other people regardless of what other people, or this society, believe(s). It's immoral." Extroverted feeling would say that beating up and bruising other people violates the social mores their society agreed on. (Of course, they won't explicitly mention "society".)

If you ever wondered why some think introverted feeling is black and white, this is the reason.

Ginkgo

Fi can include other people. Introverted feeling would say, "I believe we shouldn't be allowed to beat up and bruise other people regardless of what other people believe. It's immoral." Extroverted feeling would say that beating up and bruising other people violates the social mores their society agreed on. (Of course, they won't explicitly mention "society".)e
    It's not that simple. I literally feel it, as if their pain is being projected on me in some weird way. My nerves pinch. This was part of the reason the INFJ profile spoke to me. I believe it said that "INFJs may experience physical problems when their loved one's are in danger/sick/whatever.