First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    There is no Ni to be found in the OP's posts, unless everyone else knows about a different Ni than I do. But it's a lot more likely that people just don't know exactly how Ni presents itself (in INFJs), and are attributing the result of Fi-Ne to Ni.
    I lead with Ni dominant and Fi tertiary, so this is very likely what I'm seeing if his functional order is Fi; Ne & Ni; Fe.

Some INFJs have this order: Ni, Ti, Fe, and I assumed this was one of those cases.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I lead with Ni dominant and Fi tertiary, so this is very likely what I'm seeing if his functional order is Fi; Ne & Ni; Fe.
    But that's not his functional order, according to the first couple of cognitive tests. Fe is nowhere up there, and Ni likely isn't either.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

But that's not his functional order, according to the first couple of cognitive tests. Fe is nowhere up there, and Ni likely isn't either.
    I used his cognitive testing results as a reference, in addition to what he has written in the thread. His Fe does sound weak (as I've mentioned earlier), though I doubt his Ni is just as weak. He questions his own perceptions rather frequently and this is likely to occur in Ni doms.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I used his cognitive testing results as a reference, in addition to what he has written in the thread. His Fe does sound weak (as I've mentioned earlier), though I doubt his Ni is just as weak. He questions his own perceptions rather frequently and this is likely to occur in Ni doms.
    I don't really question my perceptions (or do I? ). But I think that is just the mark of a self-aware person, and has nothing to do with Ni.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I don't really question my perceptions (or do I?). But I think that is just the mark of a self-aware person, and has nothing to do with Ni.
    In some ways, it could be. I've always been very Ni dom and while I stubbornly adhere to my goals, I switch my frame of reference quickly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

In some ways, it could be. I've always been very Ni dom and while I stubbornly adhere to my goals, I switch frame of references quickly.
    All the literature says things about questioning perceptions, and yes, I do. I question others' perceptions. Not mine so much. I've yet to meet an INFJ (and I know a lot, due to certain circumstances) that does, in any obvious way. We all believe in our perceptions, even in the face of all opposition.

I think we need better literature on Ni. If only to sort out all this rampant INFJ/INFP confusion.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

All the literature says things about questioning perceptions, and yes, I do. I question others' perceptions. Not mine so much. I've yet to meet an INFJ (and I know a lot, due to certain circumstances) that does, in any obvious way. We all believe in our perceptions, even in the face of all opposition.

I think we need better literature on Ni. If only to sort out all this rampant INFJ/INFP confusion.
    Haha, yes, the descriptions of Ni overlapped too easily with the Ne's and it was difficult for me to discern their defining characteristics.

Generally:
    Ni - Multiple starting points, one ending point
    Ne - One starting point, multiple ending points

My Ni is mostly tied into Te. If someone could prove to me that their way could take me to the same conclusion, then I will immediately switch tracks, or at least include their point of view. Most of the time, I find myself doing this on my own. The only internal view I refuse to debate on is introverted feeling, which I would not announce openly in the first place. [And the reason why I tend to keep Ni to myself is that people can't resist narrowing down my insights. Why should I choose one small view when I could tie them all into a larger view?] Indeed, we can stubbornly defend our perceptions, yet the question of how we do this would roughly answer the MBTI type we are.

Ginkgo

Generally:
    Ni - Multiple starting points, one ending point
    Ne - One starting point, multiple ending points

I do both of these things. Are you sure this isn't too vague?

I'm about to give up trying to understand all of this. The functions can be misinterpreted so many ways. It's not scientific.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I'm about to give up trying to understand all of this. The functions can be misinterpreted so many ways. It's not scientific.
    Good lad. Not that MBTI is scientific, and not that it needs to be. But the rest of the post -- thumbs up.

Ginkgo

Good lad. Not that MBTI is scientific, and not that it needs to be. But the rest of the post -- thumbs up.
    And even the scientific method is subject to partial skews.

I would go into a rant about it, but I'm sure you already know.

EDIT: What I think I've learned from this thread-
    -MBTI lists the functions which are strongest in a person, not the order. Correct?
    -Ni "sees past interpretations"
    -I haven't had lunch yet.