User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Who's actually being fucked with is relative.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

deleted

A.D.D. attention-seeking patterns have Fe written all over them. Although for your sake, it depends on what you define as Fe.

Ginkgo

Yeah, I would say that I am an INFP, but Fi doesn't make sense to me. The whole concept of "fighting passionately for your beliefs" seems ridiculous and blind, not to insult any Fi users here.

The reason I was talking about being a registered independent is that I often imagine the two parties as their respective animals. They fight and trod upon each other, but never actually achieve anything. American democracy isn't even democracy, but that's a whole other story.

I often had social anxiety because I would, for whatever reason, 'know' that people were talking behind my back in certain social situations. This was a product of Ni/Fe. And while it was true, my angry, reclusive behavior was unhealthy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You have a clear distaste for Fi, which you've admitted to in the past, and it's showing here. This is only going to reinforce the desire to of the OP to be Ni-dom.

Fi is rigid and arbitrary? Fe has external purpose and works towards common goals? But by implication, Fi doesn't? I mean, come on dude, the negative connotations to your word choices and phrasing for Fi is obvious, as are the positive connotations for Fe....no wonder so many INFPs fight the Fi-dom label.
    Hmmm, I'm not seeing what's so heinous about his distinction. Would it make things better if he also mentioned that the external community standards by which Fe operates are also arbitrary? Is it not true that morality comes from within, for an Fi dom? Is it not true that this morality is pretty independent of externally imposed standards or systems of ethics? Is it not true that attaining the most moral perspective (i.e., finding a personal worldview that is the most ethical) is an end in itself for an Fi dom?

I mean, I'm no Fi user, but those things seem to be pretty much in line with the function definition. But if any of those things is not true in an explicit sense (none of this, "oh well we're all influenced by society so in a way we all get our morality externally"- this is true but useless since the Fi-Fe distinction is purely for conceptual clarity) then I could see why that might be offensive. But as you said, you're just reacting to word choice.

And I don't see how turning the OP off of Fi should be a concern. I'm sure the OP can think for his/her self.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not seeing what's so heinous about his distinction. Would it make things better if he also mentioned that the external community standards by which Fe operates are also arbitrary? Is it not true that morality comes from within, for an Fi dom? Is it not true that this morality is pretty independent of externally imposed standards or systems of ethics? Is it not true that attaining the most moral perspective (i.e., finding a personal worldview that is the most ethical) is an end in itself for an Fi dom?

I mean, I'm no Fi user, but those things seem to be pretty much in line with the function definition.
    As a (tertiary) Fi user, I never saw a description that was clearly off-base in Simulatedworld's posts. Exaggerated, perhaps, but it is not inaccurate as to how the feeling functions are defined, or as one of the many real-life manifestations. I enjoy staunchly supporting my personal values until the end, despite the lack of public favoritism towards this attitude.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

deleted

INFJs are more externally people oriented, and much more able to reach out and endear, encourage, communicate, with a great deal of considerateness. INFPs are usually more reserved and less expressive towards others, keeping more of the serenity, self-satisfaction, contentment to themselves, looking for their calling through a behind the scenes process affecting the "human condition" or whatever, like BlackCat mentioned. They're basically stability seeking with their social/ethical-ness, where INFJs are initiative driven with their social/ethical-ness. I'm talking about in real life, by the way. The difference is basically all here:

Portrait of an INFJ
    Portrait of an INFP

Also don't let the continuous mentioning of INFJs being creative fool you. I think they just needed a filler. It's just as true for INFPs. I'm sure you're familiar will all of this stuff anyhow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Me:
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Where to begin ... you're touchy on this topic; sorry to have upset you.

And really, I find you fascinating.

Tell me what has colored your perceptions of INFP in such a negative, 2-D, rather bitter way. I imagine you will just ignore this request, but if you are brave, tell me who has broken your heart.
    You:
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This entire last post is why Fi bugs the crap out of me.

... (lots of reply I have cut out for the sake of brevity)

Why didn't you bother responding to any of my Fi/Fe comparisons? You completely ignored the useful and relevant content to focus on your own unfounded theories of emotional dynamics--that is why you are annoying.
    You are so cute. It's so easy to get you worked up.

Relax; I was setting up a little Ne / Fi demonstration, just as you enjoy using your razor-sharp Ne / Ti. Can you see from your knee-jerk reply that you make so many assumptions about my starting point that it blinds you to a 360 degree perspective about me? That's what I wanted to point out to you, primarily, and you totally took the bait. Not debate Fi / Fe, or provide fodder for your "why Fi users are so annoying" replies. See how your own "pair of glasses" distorts a clear picture of the world around you, and just as you wear a pair, so do we all, of course. Generically, I find NT's like to be able to claim some sort of pure objectivity in all situations that they cannot possibly possess, as NONE of us do. Me included of course. And us NF's like to be able to claim we have this magical emotional insight in all situations. That we can't really have - often close perhaps, but not purely. But it's hard to admit, just as you will find it hard to admit you cannot be purely objective, even if you get really, really close sometimes.

I believe though that you do have a way of using language that can stand out as seeming critical towards Fi. And I know you do it with intention, then stand back and chuckle when INFP's cry foul. And bear in mind that I believe words carry a heavier emotional weight and more connotation to INFP's in general, which you might bear in mind when (or if) you want to coexist peacefully. Perhaps I'll go back through some posts and grab a few short phrases as examples.

Anyways, keep on being you, cause I love your irreverent posting style. You could just be a little softer sometimes and you would get your points across more effectively, hmm?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It seems that this is all a matter of perspective. I didn't see anything to be happy about in the Fe description either. The bolded parts, especially, are nothing to clap over:

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Perhaps one most basic question to determine INFP/INFJ would be:

Do you consider ethics/attaining the most ethical viewpoint possible to be a goal in itself? For INFPs, Fi's morality comes entirely from within and is self-validated according to arbitrary internal standards. Fi wants to possess perfect internal ethical understanding as an end unto itself (even if it doesn't directly apply to anything external...Fi is objectively certain of what is moral and what is not, and neither wants nor requires any external validation for it.)

Or do you consider ethics merely as a means to an end? INFJs use Fe, which needs external validation for its ethical beliefs. For INFJs, morality is merely a means to some other goal, and is defined according to external community standards. There is no rigid internal conception of ethics because ethics exist only to facilitate communication and cooperation between people in order to complete external world goals--Fe requires that it serve an external purpose.
    One could read that as implying that Fe can't stand on it's own ground; it needs external validation. Also, "a means to an end" seems as if the person doesn't actually feel anything, they are just using feeling as a route to get what they want. The Fi description is a lot more appealing, in my opinion. I also don't see myself in the Fe description but I'm Ni first before Fe, so I'm sure that colors things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yeah, I would say that I am an INFP, but Fi doesn't make sense to me. The whole concept of "fighting passionately for your beliefs" seems ridiculous and blind, not to insult any Fi users here.
    Fe also fights passionately for it's beliefs. Look at angered ExFJs and that will be more than clear. Whether you think it's ridiculous has no bearing on being Fi or Fe. And if you say that you're INFP but Fi makes no sense, it's probably because of inadequate descriptions and not because you're devoid of Fi. Ni I'm pretty sure is not your dominant function, at this point. It might not be Fi, but it's not Ni. I can relate to at least most of what INxJs' write, but I can't relate at all to what you've written in this thread and others.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    One could read that as implying that Fe can't stand on it's own ground; it needs external validation. Also, "a means to an end" seems as if the person doesn't actually feel anything, they are just using feeling as a route to get what they want.
    I don't see why this couldn't be. Presented as an isolated function, this is what the extroverted judging (Te/Fe) process does. Nobody is completely defined by a single function, and we maintain various degrees of the other seven.

Check out Eric's posts on Fi and Fe in the Archetypes - Functions thread to clarify further inquiries.

Fe also fights passionately for it's beliefs. Look at angered ExFJs and that will be more than clear. Whether you think it's ridiculous has no bearing on being Fi or Fe.
    The difference would be in the context. Fe needs external validation (group agreement and cause) to continue on with their passionate beliefs. The meaning Mystic Tater was using in the quotations described the type of belief that catered to the individual.

And if you say that are INFP but Fi makes no sense, it's probably because of inadequate descriptions and not because you're devoid of Fi. Ni I'm pretty sure is not your dominant function, at this point. It might not be Fi, but it's not Ni. I can relate to at least most of what INxJs' write, but I can't relate at all to what you've written in this thread and others.
    Mystic Tater sounds very Ni dominant, actually. He or she is right that his/her judgment needs some fine-tuning before their Ni perceptions could be felt externally.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I don't see why this couldn't be. [...]
    I wasn't saying that it couldn't be; you completely missed the point. I was saying that whether one sees the descriptions as disparaging, and/or which description one views as insulting, is based on how one interprets the descriptions and one's perspective.