User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    At this point, how do you can you say that? The OP is completely biased towards being INFJ, that's clear. So of course they would pick the answer that they know corresponds to INFJ.
    Weren't you biased toward being an INFJ when you became an INFJ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post

Ni Ni Ni

This kind of perspective-breaking meta-thought is why Ni users are so fascinating to me. You'd never get that kind of joke from an INFP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

As far as I know, I've always been INFJ. Never "became" one.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Which would be worse, being immoral or being unable to see other perspectives?
    Being unable to see other perspectives is worse. Besides, define immoral.

Theoretically, any intelligent person with a university education should be able to see other perspectives.

Since when is being unable to see other perspectives an INFP trait? I generally associate that with STJs.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Being unable to see other perspectives is worse. Besides, define immoral.

Theoretically, any intelligent person with a university education should be able to see other perspectives.

Since when is being unable to see other perspectives an INFP trait? I generally associate that with STJs.
    Not the immediate perspectives. The STJs keep an open-mind towards what had worked.

INFPs are better at seeing the immediate perspectives involving someone else's emotions, though not their data input style.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In fact, that's why I quit going to church. They couldn't see that their perspective was the same as the other denominations' perspectives. It bothered the hell out of me.

Don't start a religious argument please.
    I really don't think this has anything to do with being an INFP or an INFJ for the record. There's a deeply religious Roman Catholic INFJ running around this very web site, and I'm an xNFP and I started thinking about all of this stuff when I was twelve. So...I seriously do not consider this to be a deciding factor. At all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Anyway, OP, if you so adamantly want to believe you are INFJ, there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. Heaven knows there's plenty of other INFPs that have INFJ as their type here. So see you around the forums.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Everything I said applies equally to Ti.

I have a distaste for Ji in general, not just Fi.

I just have a little bit better firsthand understanding of Ti than Fi, and nobody ever seems to ask about the differences between Ti and Te. If they did, my response would be very similar to my explanation of Fi/Fe.

Suffice it to say I find Ti equally annoying and constantly wish I didn't have to use it for internal judgments. The fact that it doesn't take in any information from the outside world and also subjectively validates itself is pretty bothersome--Ti is totally unaware that its own conceptions of logic are just as subjective as Fi's conceptions of ethics.

That's irrelevant. I don't care how you feel about other functions. The problem is that your bias in this case is presenting a slanted view, and that makes you incapable of explaining Fi accurately.

There's too many people in this thread who don't have Fi as a function of their type asserting that their definition of it is more accurate over people who actually are Fi-dom. :rolli:

To the OP: The oh so exclusive INFJ club is not a welcoming one. Come to the INFP dark side; we'll embrace you with open arms
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Anyway, OP, if you so adamantly want to believe you are INFJ, there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. Heaven knows there's plenty of other INFPs that have INFJ as their type here. So see you around the forums.
    Hmmm, it seems very likely for the OP that the initial P confusion arrived from being diagnosed with ADD, in addition to wielding a strong form of Ni. It gives the individual more externally perceiving mannerisms than their J peers despite valuing external consistency.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Hmmm, it seems very likely for the OP that the initial P confusion arrived from being diagnosed with ADD, in addition to wielding a strong form of Ni. It gives the individual more external perceiving mannerisms than their J peers despite valuing external consistency.
    Being INFP is not a mental illness or behavioral disorder either :steam: :steam: :steam:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe