• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think my friend is?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
My friend has taken the MBTI multiple times and almost always she gets a different answer. I have an idea of what she might be but I am not positive so I thought I might paint a picture of her to see if anyone has any insight.

In high school: She was on the honor roll, in national honor society, and in the debate club. She worked hard for her grades and was obsessed with flashcards to study with. She had a small group of friends, girls and boys.
College: She went to college for film (watching movies/collecting them is her biggest hobby) but dropped out because she was unsure if that's what she wanted to do and felt she was wasting money.
She is generally a lively person, always wanting to play games (board games, guessing games, etc.) and is pretty funny/sarcastic. She can be moody though and when she is in a bad mood she mainly just shuts down and only gives one word responese and such. Her room is usually orderly although cluttered with posters, records hanging from the ceiling, twinkle lights, etc. She has a huge phobia of being called on in class and can get pretty anxious in some social settings although she loved debate and when she's with people she's comfortable with, is loud and outgoing. She is currently working as a manager at a movie rental store and loves her job. Sometimes she spaces out in conversations and you have to say things a couple of times to her before she focuses on it. She always wears cute outfits, nice makeup and does her hair well.

Any ideas? If you need more specifics or feel like there is certain information that I could give that might offer more insight, please let me know.

Also, here are the types I know she has tested as: ENJF, INFJ, ESFJ, and ISFJ. So it seems as though F and J are constants.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definite ISFJ.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ, or even ISFP, but seeing as she tests as a J, you'd be best going with ISFJ :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The sarcasm, the moodiness, attention to her looks (SF), The Flashcards, The small group of friends (I). That's all I used, the P/J thing isn't clear, she seems like an ISFP to me, but the test says otherwise, and I'd trust that more than my judgment. Those two types are pretty similar anyway.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What makes you guys think ISFJ?

Honor roll, honor society, debate club, working hard for grades, using flashcards, devotion to school - all suggesting SJ.

Small group of friends - generally Ixxx.

Wearing good outfits and makeup, closely concerned about her appearance - SF.

Usually orderly room - J.

Moodiness, shutting down during a bad mood by giving one word responses is exactly like an ISFJ that I know.

Going to college and dropping out because of concern for wasting money - again, similar to something the ISFJ would do.

Loud and outgoing with people she knows well but getting anxious in new social situations - also exactly like the ISFJ I know.

Those two types are pretty similar anyway.

Don't know if I'd say that, they can be at times, but they also have significant differences.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
and they would be...?

ISFJs have a stronger devotion to work and duty (which she seems to have).
ISFJs tend to plan things out more, and do not go with the flow. ISFPs are more dreamy than ISFJs, and tend to be more creative also (same with ISTPs vs. ISTJs). ISFJs are more thorough with their work, tending to be more organized too. ISFPs are more innovative.

Also, let's not discount the important SiFe (ISFJ) vs. FiSe (ISFP) difference. ISFPs live more in the moment and, in general, are more easygoing. Take the example of ISFJs I know vs. ISFPs I know, and I can see these differences seeping through.

Besides all these things, however, they can be very much alike.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bah, she just took the cognitive functins test and according to that, she most closely resembles an ESTJ! WTF? Te>Si>Fi/Fe>Ne>Ni>Se>Ti

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
xSFJ.

She could be either a shy extrovert or an outgoing introvert... too hard to tell. The flash cards scream out S.

Attention to her appearance isn't indicative of type IMO - at least not in this society where it is of considerable strategic benefit for any female to be fashionable and attractive.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Bah, she just took the cognitive functins test and according to that, she most closely resembles an ESTJ! WTF? Te>Si>Fi/Fe>Ne>Ni>Se>Ti

That test has a reputation of sucking.