• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IN??

Lexan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hi. :hi:

I've been familiar with MBTI for a while now. I know that I'm pretty much definitely INXX, but have always been conflicted about the other functions. I've looked at the order of the functions and all that, but it doesn't help that much, I still find it hard to distinguish whether I'm INFP, INTP, INFJ, or INTJ. When I first did the test when I was young I got INFP. Usually I get either INFP or INFJ. TBH, none of the descriptions really ring true for me, but I guess INFP would be my best guess if I were to make one.

I don't have time now, but later I'll say more about myself.

Till then, any tips on distinguishing between these types?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually the other two functions are not that difficult to fathom...

T/F
When you make deicsions - are you inclusive of everyones opinions and select the choice that makes everyone happy, or do you focus on what the item needs to do and select the best functional item? The co-operative is F typed the Functional buyer is T typed. Ultimately do you make deicions that a feeling or thinking led.

J/P
Do you tend to like things planned out in advnaced with a route to how to achive what you need to along the way. Have a tidy office/room/are pretty fastideous about dress. Or
do you prefer to see how things go and make decisions when their are choices o be made, are you spontanious, are you untidy and no matter how you try you never quite look as tidy as the sharply dressed people (even in the same clothes) ...

The first is a J type the second a P type

If in dowt - check out the questionnaire on mypersonality.info you need to register, the test is free and go from there...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Welcome, Lexan :hi:

T/F
When you make deicsions - are you inclusive of everyones opinions and select the choice that makes everyone happy, or do you focus on what the item needs to do and select the best functional item? The co-operative is F typed the Functional buyer is T typed. Ultimately do you make deicions that a feeling or thinking led.

Keep in mind though that "cooperative" behavior is more likely to come from Fe, so she could still easily be Fi (INFP) since Fi values are highly personal and not necessarily about harmony.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Welcome, Lexan :hi:

Keep in mind though that "cooperative" behavior is more likely to come from Fe, so she could still easily be Fi (INFP) since Fi values are highly personal and not necessarily about harmony.

Hi

Fi is still a co-operative decision maker even if it is introverted.....(along with SJ's) over functionality....

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Fi is still a co-operative decision maker even if it is introverted.....(along with SJ's) over functionality....

A better way to describe Fi would be "acting in accordance with your own values" (in comparison to Ti, which would be acting according to internally developed standards of logic and truth(?), and Te, which is more about acting according to external efficiency).

The Fi-user's values will probably include the happiness of those around the them, assuming the Fi-user is surrounded by people they care about. So, yes, an emphasis on harmony is a good way to tell F/T on the most basic level, but it gets a lot more nuanced than that...and if we are talking about someone who doesn't feel like they fit the cut and dried type descriptions, I think it's better to break it down into specific functions.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
A better way to describe Fi would be "acting in accordance with your own values" (in comparison to Ti, which would be acting according to internally developed standards of logic and truth(?), and Te, which is more about acting according to external efficiency).

The Fi-user's values will probably include the happiness of those around the them, assuming the Fi-user is surrounded by people they care about. So, yes, an emphasis on harmony is a good way to tell F/T on the most basic level, but it gets a lot more nuanced than that...and if we are talking about someone who doesn't feel like they fit the cut and dried type descriptions, I think it's better to break it down into specific functions.

See I think if you start to try and break it down for someone who is relatively new to this it gets a bit too detailed... now that might be my N talkin the big picture....

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
See I think if you start to try and break it down for someone who is relatively new to this it gets a bit too detailed... now that might be my N talkin the big picture....

:shrug:

I'm just talking about trying something that's different from the simplistic and general type descriptions, since not everyone fits those (which would also be N talking in my opinion ;))

Anyway, Lexan, you joined the right community if you're interested in being able to fit yourself into a 4 letter tag :D

Good luck :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thank you!!!!

Let's not confuse Fe & Fi!

The very problem with some MBTI tests is they do just that...resulting in sweet, caring INFPs such as myself testing as those INTP creatures. :tongue:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Nah, I think you need that kind of qualifying information. Otherwise you get someone (an Fi user) who sees the question and thinks, "hmm...I value harmony, but only with people I like. And I'm not usually around people I like. So I should go with the other option, since most of the time I could care less about taking other people's opinions into account when I make decisions."

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
In other words, Lexan, they're saying that the best way for you to clear up your confusion is to test your preference for the cognitive processes. I used this test at keys2cognition.com. They include a decent explanation with the results.

Lexan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, here's what I got:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use

I've done the mypersonality.info and got INFP. I suppose this would also indicate INFP? Based on the cognitive functions order I would either be an INFP or an INTJ - to be honest I think my extraverted thinking isn't that underdeveloped, whereas my extraverted sensing is extremely underdeveloped, from what I understand.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
It certainly suggests it, since you tested Fi dominant and N follows it, rather than S.

However (oh noes--another exception) function tests don't always get it right :laugh: I've tested as INFP because Fi was the only function the test properly picked up on. Depending on your interpretation of the questions the results can be heavily skewed.

But anyway, if you're interested in learning about the individual functions, there's all kinds of juicy info on 'em floating around here.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To me, that test result actually suggests an INFJ with way over-developed Fi. You want to find a pair where one is a J function (T or F), one is a P function (S or N), and they're in the opposite E vs. I orientation. Looking down your list of Fi > Ni > Fe > Ne etc., the Fe to pair with Ni comes before the Ne to pair with Fi, and Ni/Fe is INFJ. However, (Fi + Ne = 71.9) > (Ni + Fe = 66.9), so I don't know. Looks like you can narrow it down to INFx though.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me, that test result actually suggests an INFJ with way over-developed Fi. You want to find a pair where one is a J function (T or F), one is a P function (S or N), and they're in the opposite E vs. I orientation. Looking down your list of Fi > Ni > Fe > Ne etc., the Fe to pair with Ni comes before the Ne to pair with Fi, and Ni/Fe is INFJ. However, (Fi + Ne = 71.9) > (Ni + Fe = 66.9), so I don't know. Looks like you can narrow it down to INFx though.

but infj is a lot about Fe, not Fi. overdeveloped Fi maybe, but only if Fe is righteous in its own right, which it doesn't appear to be.

i'd say INTJ. it's functions are stereotypically closest to your test. Ni>Te>Fi.........Si (which is your least developed too).

Lexan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm thinking INFP. I've always leaned towards INFP, but I also would have thought my Se would surely be inferior. I do think that in some ways my Te is underdeveloped, but how to discern the difference? I am thinking of how bad a sense of direction I have... If I go somewhere and am telling someone about it later, sometimes I can't remember the name, the place, where the place was. I don't know where anything is when it comes to maps and directions.

But yeah, INFP is most probably my type. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking INFP. I've always leaned towards INFP, but I also would have thought my Se would surely be inferior. I do think that in some ways my Te is underdeveloped, but how to discern the difference? I am thinking of how bad a sense of direction I have... If I go somewhere and am telling someone about it later, sometimes I can't remember the name, the place, where the place was. I don't know where anything is when it comes to maps and directions.

But yeah, INFP is most probably my type. :)

What you're thinking of here is underdeveloped Si or not much of an emphasis on Si in your life.

As for you, you are DEFINITELY an Fi type, Fi and Te valuing, so INTJ or INFP, and INTJ for you seems ridiculous to me, you are pretty clearly an IXXP.

Lexan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What you're thinking of here is underdeveloped Si or not much of an emphasis on Si in your life.

As for you, you are DEFINITELY an Fi type, Fi and Te valuing, so INTJ or INFP, and INTJ for you seems ridiculous to me, you are pretty clearly an IXXP.

I agree.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd agree with INFP, the actual profiles for just about all types aren't always particularly helpful, you won't get very far unless you find decent descriptions, or type people irl and get a feel for how they think.

Now, I have too questions for yooo, yes I dooo:

1. Where abouts in Australia are you!?!?!
2. do you stick to any sort of routine, for example, going to be on time, doing one activity for a specific amount of time?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2. do you stick to any sort of routine, for example, going to be on time, doing one activity for a specific amount of time?

Lol come on dude this doesn't have anything to do with J.