MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Smile IN??

Hi.

I've been familiar with MBTI for a while now. I know that I'm pretty much definitely INXX, but have always been conflicted about the other functions. I've looked at the order of the functions and all that, but it doesn't help that much, I still find it hard to distinguish whether I'm INFP, INTP, INFJ, or INTJ. When I first did the test when I was young I got INFP. Usually I get either INFP or INFJ. TBH, none of the descriptions really ring true for me, but I guess INFP would be my best guess if I were to make one.

I don't have time now, but later I'll say more about myself.

Till then, any tips on distinguishing between these types?

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually the other two functions are not that difficult to fathom...

T/F
    When you make deicsions - are you inclusive of everyones opinions and select the choice that makes everyone happy, or do you focus on what the item needs to do and select the best functional item? The co-operative is F typed the Functional buyer is T typed. Ultimately do you make deicions that a feeling or thinking led.

J/P
    Do you tend to like things planned out in advnaced with a route to how to achive what you need to along the way. Have a tidy office/room/are pretty fastideous about dress. Or
    do you prefer to see how things go and make decisions when their are choices o be made, are you spontanious, are you untidy and no matter how you try you never quite look as tidy as the sharply dressed people (even in the same clothes) ...

The first is a J type the second a P type

If in dowt - check out the questionnaire on mypersonality.info you need to register, the test is free and go from there...

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Welcome, Lexan

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    T/F
    When you make deicsions - are you inclusive of everyones opinions and select the choice that makes everyone happy, or do you focus on what the item needs to do and select the best functional item? The co-operative is F typed the Functional buyer is T typed. Ultimately do you make deicions that a feeling or thinking led.
    Keep in mind though that "cooperative" behavior is more likely to come from Fe, so she could still easily be Fi (INFP) since Fi values are highly personal and not necessarily about harmony.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Welcome, Lexan

Keep in mind though that "cooperative" behavior is more likely to come from Fe, so she could still easily be Fi (INFP) since Fi values are highly personal and not necessarily about harmony.
    Hi

Fi is still a co-operative decision maker even if it is introverted.....(along with SJ's) over functionality....

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Fi is still a co-operative decision maker even if it is introverted.....(along with SJ's) over functionality....
    A better way to describe Fi would be "acting in accordance with your own values" (in comparison to Ti, which would be acting according to internally developed standards of logic and truth(?), and Te, which is more about acting according to external efficiency).

The Fi-user's values will probably include the happiness of those around the them, assuming the Fi-user is surrounded by people they care about. So, yes, an emphasis on harmony is a good way to tell F/T on the most basic level, but it gets a lot more nuanced than that...and if we are talking about someone who doesn't feel like they fit the cut and dried type descriptions, I think it's better to break it down into specific functions.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

A better way to describe Fi would be "acting in accordance with your own values" (in comparison to Ti, which would be acting according to internally developed standards of logic and truth(?), and Te, which is more about acting according to external efficiency).

The Fi-user's values will probably include the happiness of those around the them, assuming the Fi-user is surrounded by people they care about. So, yes, an emphasis on harmony is a good way to tell F/T on the most basic level, but it gets a lot more nuanced than that...and if we are talking about someone who doesn't feel like they fit the cut and dried type descriptions, I think it's better to break it down into specific functions.

See I think if you start to try and break it down for someone who is relatively new to this it gets a bit too detailed... now that might be my N talkin the big picture....

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

See I think if you start to try and break it down for someone who is relatively new to this it gets a bit too detailed... now that might be my N talkin the big picture....

I'm just talking about trying something that's different from the simplistic and general type descriptions, since not everyone fits those (which would also be N talking in my opinion )

Anyway, Lexan, you joined the right community if you're interested in being able to fit yourself into a 4 letter tag

Good luck

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Thank you!!!!

Let's not confuse Fe & Fi!

The very problem with some MBTI tests is they do just that...resulting in sweet, caring INFPs such as myself testing as those INTP creatures.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Nah, I think you need that kind of qualifying information. Otherwise you get someone (an Fi user) who sees the question and thinks, "hmm...I value harmony, but only with people I like. And I'm not usually around people I like. So I should go with the other option, since most of the time I could care less about taking other people's opinions into account when I make decisions."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

In other words, Lexan, they're saying that the best way for you to clear up your confusion is to test your preference for the cognitive processes. I used this test at keys2cognition.com. They include a decent explanation with the results.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so