User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    eNTP

Default I was SO sure I was ENTP...

But I just read that Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes, is supposed to be INFP.
    Calvin's ramblings pretty much define my perspective of the world. Even as a kid (well, especially as a kid) I would read the comics and be like, "I said that to my parents TODAY!"

Have I been looking at this MBTI thing upside-down this whole time? Goddammit.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    But I just read that Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes, is supposed to be INFP.
    Calvin's ramblings pretty much define my perspective of the world. Even as a kid (well, especially as a kid) I would read the comics and be like, "I said that to my parents TODAY!"

Have I been looking at this MBTI thing upside-down this whole time? Goddammit.
    Do you find really offensive humor to be hilarious?

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yes. I also find it offensive.
    not helpful, i know.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes. I also find it offensive.
    not helpful, i know.
    INFP. You're welcome.

MBTI
    eNTP

INFP. You're welcome.
    BAH.
    To be more specific: I laugh and say things like, "That's terrible!" semisarcastically. Inside, I'm fighting over whether to succumb to society's predefined morals and find it offensive, or stick to my humbly unemotional opinions.
    That's the problem... even internally I can't decide whether I'm T or F.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

BAH.
    To be more specific: I laugh and say things like, "That's terrible!" semisarcastically. Inside, I'm fighting over whether to succumb to society's predefined morals and find it offensive, or stick to my humbly unemotional opinions.
    That's the problem... even internally I can't decide whether I'm T or F.
    But does the joke bother you?

MBTI
    eNTP

But does the joke bother you?
    Overall, no.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Could just be the Ne in common. Ya might still be ENTP. Do you generally relate better to descriptions of ENTP or INFP?
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm an ENTP, and when I laugh at this, My automatic response is "Geez guys, lighten up for a second's sake!" Before automactically going "SHIT! There goes my teachers' respect/kindness cred!"

I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Could just be the Ne in common. Ya might still be ENTP. Do you generally relate better to descriptions of ENTP or INFP?
    Reading the "You know you're INFP when..." thread, I related with 90% of the stuff there. However, with the more in-depth descriptions I'm definitely on the ENTP side.

Quote Originally Posted by LEVINA View Post
    I'm an ENTP, and when I laugh at this, My automatic response is "Geez guys, lighten up for a second's sake!" Before automactically going "SHIT! There goes my teachers' respect/kindness cred!"

Haha, I've learned to suppress that instinct in me :P