User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've seen a couple of your videos, and I really enjoyed them. That said, with the very first video of yours I watched, which is the one in which you discuss your MBTI type, I immediately found myself thinking, "She's an INFP. She has to be." You've probably heard the stereotype that Feelers don't do philosophy (except ethics) and that they steer clear of logic, but that's all it is: just a stereotype. Some of us, myself included, are okay with the intellectual side and even value it. In a lot of cases Feelers like that mistake themselves for Thinkers. I myself for a long time thought I was a Thinker, but then I realized that my analytical side comes from my values (not to mention that it's a side of myself I only developed recently). I'm not saying you're an INFP, because I don't know you, but if I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to discard the possibility.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Yea I noticed that was your underlying motive. Maybe you wern't being very objective in your analysis of her type after all.
    I was very objective, that is exactly why. I'm an INTP too you know. I wouldn't be interested otherwise.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Be careful with associating the INTP type with the behavior of people on the internet who identify with it. I think math is boring (actually, arithmetic) and many other "INTP's" have said the same. I think it's more about analyzing systems and truth seeking (not argument seeking, conflict seeking, or seeking to nitpick etc.), be it a social system, a brain system, a computer system or whatever. And be careful also, not to invest too much of your identity into the personality type as many others do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

based on your videos, lots of people have typed you as INFP. i'm leaning towards that as well, but i'm not set on it.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

My take on this thread: You're an INTP with a strong use of Ne. [Barcode9588 is very Ti dominant. She's actively breaking down the ideas (Ti) and you're actively asking open-ended questions (Ne).] While watching the videos, the INFP type for you never entered my mind. You don't normally apply your personal values (morally "right" or "wrong"; "good" or "bad") to the information, at least not openly. Fi is likely a preference after Ti and Ne.

There's also a wider perspective to consider: no social group is homogeneous. We may all be from a particular location, ideology, biological sex, and so forth, yet our memberships in other categories affects how similarly we are to our peers. To illustrate this, do all New Yorkers uphold identical attitudes? Have identical thoughts? Identical motivations? Collectively, we might discover a pattern, yet individually, there is a vast difference from person to person. So New Yorkers can act in a similar manner, but they are not the same.

And welcome to TypologyCentral. You seem to have an uncanny resemblance to Luna Lovegood (the INFP version), IMO.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    My take on this thread: You're an INTP with a strong use of Ne. [Barcode9588 is very Ti dominant. She's actively breaking down the ideas (Ti) and you're actively asking open-ended questions (Ne).] While watching the videos, the INFP type for you never entered my mind. You don't normally apply your personal values (morally "right" or "wrong"; "good" or "bad") to the information, at least openly.

There's also a wider perspective to consider: no social group is homogeneous. We may all be from a particular location, ideology, biological sex, and so forth, yet our memberships in other categories affects how similarly we are to our peers. To illustrate this, do all New Yorkers uphold identical attitudes? Have identical thoughts? Identical motivations? Collectively, we might discover a pattern, yet individually, there is a vast difference from person to person. So New Yorkers can act in a similar manner, but they are not the same.

And welcome to TypologyCentral. You seem to have an uncanny resemblance to Luna Lovegood (the INFP version), IMO.
    Well that is a very interesting idea, I think you may be on to something there with the idea that I might be using more Ne. I don't believe in right or wrong apart from a pragmatic sense. I feel much more like an INTP than an INFP (I have friends who are and can tell the difference). It's just that I don't behave like a typical INTP (I think).

Thanks for the welcome Ah, Luna. She's so spacey!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Well that is a very interesting idea, I think you may be on to something there with the idea that I might be using more Ne. I don't believe in right or wrong apart from a pragmatic sense. I feel much more like an INTP than an INFP (I have friends who are and can tell the difference). It's just that I don't behave like a typical INTP (I think).

There is a lovely poster here named OrangeAppled that is an INFP, but comes across very much what people usually describe as INTP, probably because of the posting style of people over on INFPgc, but like I said, you have to be so careful with falling into that.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

You just have a gentle demeanor, alpaca, that's all. You're a very analytical person and your demeanor has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of INTPs who are like that.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    You just have a gentle demeanor, alpaca, that's all. You're a very analytical person and your demeanor has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of INTPs who are like that.
    Thanks It's just.. the stereotypes, and the assumption that I cannot type myself. But I think intp seems most likely to me at this time, if I were to choose any of the 16 types. It's only an indication of temperament, no?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post

Have you seen Evanna Lynch's, the actress who plays Luna Lovegood, interviews?

(A brief 1 minute clip. Notice how personal she is with her observation. It's almost as if she's submerging herself into the subjects.)
    [YOUTUBE=DTher84kR6I]Interview with Evanna Lynch[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    There is a lovely poster here named OrangeAppled that is an INFP, but comes across very much what people usually describe as INTP, probably because of the posting style of people over on INFPgc, but like I said, you have to be so careful with falling into that.
    In comparison to Alpaca, OrangeAppled far more readily discusses her personal values, as Alpaca is hesitant in offering such an interpretation.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.