12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Default What Is My Sister's Type?

Been doing a lot more thinking on my Dad's type, and in addition to that, my sister's. I can't figure her out for the life of me. So I thought, if you don't mind, I'd recruit some help.

Here's what I do know:

She took the test I initially took (gag test?) on that site that's in my signature. She tested as ENFJ, read the profile, and it didn't match --- according to her. She also told me, somewhat vehemently, that "you can't type me because I'm not a stereotype like you. You're weird."

From observation, I vote ambiverted. At work and at church, she is extremely extroverted --- nonstop communication with her friends, with her customers, with her coworkers, etc. She's very friendly, very nice, and somehow able to "understand people". I don't really know where she gets that from. T/F difference perhaps?

In stark contrast, at home, she acts like a total introvert. Does nothing but read books, watch her TV shows, and play with the puppy. Gets on the computer every now and then, but mostly just for MySpace and stuff like that. Oh, and more reading.

I'm not sure if she prefers Sensing or iNtuition. We were both homeschooled, but I excelled in everything but the dreaded N math --- Algebra. I'm generally self motivated, but she requires.....more pushing from Mom. She isn't stupid --- don't take it that way --- but she tends to excel only in what she "likes".

We tend to get in arguments a lot (we have a good brother/sister relationship though, we're not....at each other's throats or anything) but I have difficulty telling if these spats are T/F related or I/E. Or even S/N, if she's an N.

Sometimes I just need some alone time, to be in introvert land, but she insists on going over to so-and-so's and wants me to go too since we were both invited. I explain that because "everyone" (the whole church, or youth group, or work group, or whatever) was invited, then they're not going to miss me. She usually gets upset at this point and stomps off to God knows where.

In other cases, it'll be something more like......description. I'll try to ask her something, without any kind of negativity or sarcasm, with an honest intention to learn, and she blows it off. I'll try to probe a bit, to see why she does what she does, to learn about it, and she either gets irritated or....can't explain it. I don't get that --- I'm able to explain almost every move I make. Why can't she?

In terms of J/P, I think she's middle of the road here too. Sorta. She says she has OCD like Mom and myself, but I know from living with her that she doesn't have it anywhere near as much as us. For example --- she's OK with leaving the cups on the coffee table when she's done drinking her pop or whatever, and she's cool with leaving her gross socks on the floor when she gets home from work. She's also OK with leaving something out "because she'll use it later". Oddly enough, though, her bookshelf is in perfect order (just as orderly as mine) and so is her DVD rack. But the rest of her room looks like a tornado went through it.

I once made a joke, saying I'd write another book, and title it "How to Plan a Spontaneous Evening". Mom thought it was funny. But that's here nor there. I think my sister does a little bit of both. She does plan things....sometimes. But other times, she just randomly gets up and says, "I'm gonna go to the mall". I'm having issues here deciding if she's J or P.

She also gets along with my friend Jordan very well, albeit in a different manner than I do. He's an ISFP.

I don't want to make this post forever long, so I'll stop here. Any suggestions out there? Comments, concerns, questions welcome.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm not totally sure but she sounds like an ENFP.
    How would she dress? That could help in defining whether she would be an N or an S and a J or a P

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Her dress style is similar to my Mom's - it's not necessarily the most expensive or the name-branded (Mom views buying expensive brands as a waste of money, as do I, and my sister is even more frugal about it.) however, they always "look good". They are concerned with outer appearance, not to the extreme, but everything has to match and fit in the right color scheme, the purse and shoes have to accessorize, etc.

On a typical day, she gets up and remains in her pajamas until (or unless) she has to go to work or to somewhere else. If either case occurs, she gets up and dresses up for the occasion. Does her hair for work, too.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Does she like to have a unique way of dressing though? Like WITH the new fashion trend or her own fashion?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

That sounds like a girl question to me. I don't know if I can answer that one. I can tell you, however, that she is not concerned with other people's opinion of how she dresses. (i.e. She doesn't care about the "Hollister crowd" and the like.)

I suppose....it's her own fashion then? She makes it look just as good as everyone else's, but doesn't spend $50 on a t-shirt. (Exaggeration, but you get the point.)

But then again, she does read what I refer to as "girly" magazines, and she does watch the E! channel I so despise every now and then. Pop Culture....and Celebrities....ugh.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

She sounds like an extrovert for sure, probably a feeler. EXFP would be my guess.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Same here
    Sounds to me like she is more of an N then an S. Could be a weak N though. Either way if I were to type her personality it would most likely be an ENFP with a weak N and P.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    Her dress style is similar to my Mom's - it's not necessarily the most expensive or the name-branded (Mom views buying expensive brands as a waste of money, as do I, and my sister is even more frugal about it.) however, they always "look good". They are concerned with outer appearance, not to the extreme, but everything has to match and fit in the right color scheme, the purse and shoes have to accessorize, etc.

On a typical day, she gets up and remains in her pajamas until (or unless) she has to go to work or to somewhere else. If either case occurs, she gets up and dresses up for the occasion. Does her hair for work, too.
    I think she's an ESFP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

You're not giving us a whole lot to work off of, FS! She just sounds normal! Plenty of people leave cups lying around, most people can spontaneously go to the mall! Most girls don't drop fifty dollars on a t-shirt!

What really motivates her? What does she get really excited about?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Perhaps we should look at function rather than individual letters that make up the type itself. She seems to use a lot of Fi, from what I can see. Could be wrong though. Her distaste for authority in general seems a bit N, too, from what I've read.

Perhaps she's an ENFP then. Would make sense, if she's really using the Fi I think I'm noticing. What are aspects of Ne that would stand out?

But then again....ESFP seems likely as well. Except she's not really spend-happy. She saves....very frugal.

So, we've got ExFx then?