User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default What type of Owl?

I've considered asking y'all what type I am for some time, but I wanted y'all to know a bit more about me than a list of features I think relevant to my type, so I waited until now--my 500th post. (yay?) I don't know if anyone out there's has regularly read my posts such that (s)he's enough data to form an opinion of my type based on my writings, but I figure 500 posts is enough that some of you've noticed me.

What type am I?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm....

You always struck me as INFP, INFJ, or ISFJ, actually. I've seen you do things I'd associate with all three, and I'd say you seem to be the result of overlaying those three types if I could. You don't really seem like a T, though you value reason quite highly and try to refine it in yourself. It doesn't seem like your natural or instinctive way of responding to things, but more a way of reconciling conflicting feelings and ideas.

Then again, that could be because Introverted Thinking is invisible due to being Introverted. Who knows?

MBTI
    INTP

I suspected that I've come across as an F. Admittedly, I've a strong value system, but I've never come close to testing as an F--not that the free online tests are very good measuring instruments...

So, perceived Fe, Ni, Ne, with a measure of Si.

hmm...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I suspected that I've come across as an F. Admittedly, I've a strong value system, but I've never come close to testing as an F--not that the free online tests are very good measuring instruments...
    I don't really trust the tests, myself. I think that a lot of Fs test as Ts, and Ts test as F. A lot of people think that valuing logic or being curious about things in a logical way is the same thing as being T. But there are plenty of exceptions the test wouldn't catch.

Namely, Ts who've learned that being merciful/compassionate is more effective because of the situation they found themselves in, and Fs who've incorporated logic/truth into their value system. Those two things will confuse the test quite badly. It tested me as an INTJ the first time, for instance (mostly due to high curiosity, being slightly detached due to shock, as well as being especially concerned with truth/practicality/logic at that time). After I decided I was an F, I suspect I began unconsciously influencing the results.

I pretty much believe in trusting your own (educated, after reading the material carefully) intuition as to what type you are, and disregarding everything else. Meaning, if you still suspect INTP above the others, you should stick with it.
    So, perceived Fe, Ni, Ne, with a measure of Si.

hmm...
    Yeah, I guess that's about right. You're the only religious person on here who doesn't give me those "chilly vibes" that I suspect come straight from Fi, but there's something softer in there. You're like what I had thought an INFP would be like before I met one (which is not what they're actually like, and I find I strongly dislike real INFPs, though they sound nice on paper). If that makes any sense.

So you seem kind of Fe, and almost INFJ-ish at times, but the edge INFJs normally have is very much "rounded off" and made a little more ethereal by the Ne and Si. You're not a typical MBTI type, but I don't think anyone really is. I'm not sure the function orders are as static as MBTI would claim.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think your avatar is going to color people's opinions.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think your avatar is going to color people's opinions.
    I'd say that's true, but also that the avatar's relevant. Many people choose one that expresses themselves in some way, which hints at their personality overall.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Owl, you strike me as an INTP with high Fe.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Pretty much.

I can't see you as anything BUT an INTP that has good Fe.

What is your enneagram type? If you're something offbeat for INTP like 4w5 or a 9 then that would cause some confusion.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

What type of Owl? Kitty owl. Clearly the best type.

What makes you question your type?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Pretty much.

I can't see you as anything BUT an INTP that has good Fe.

What is your enneagram type? If you're something offbeat for INTP like 4w5 or a 9 then that would cause some confusion.
    Oh, so he reminds you of Jennifer?

I think she's pretty much the template for an INTP that uses a lot of F. Or something.

I kind of don't see the resemblance, personally, but... you might be right. Maybe they just use Fe very differently.