User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default I think I'm an INTP

I have been thinking lately about my MBTI type. I think I mistyped as an ENTJ for some time because I was working with people who liked knowledge, and hence I was getting more extraverted and organized in what I was doing.

It also hit me when I read the type 5 description, which says 5's look like 8's when they are comfortable with their knowledge. I am far more interested in analysis, logic, and knowledge than leadership really. In fact, I really don't like being a leader or controlling people at all.

Everybody seems to comment on how introverted and spontaneous I am.

Can any other INTP's relate? Do you have any insight?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

When I'm in my comfort zone, I can be extremely extraverted. I can also fake extraversion at work when it is needed/neccesary, although this can be annoying/tiring (but it isn't tiring at all when it's earning me money/giving positive feedback.)

I do know this. I'm definatly INTP and I'm definatly not the average or usual INTP.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Interesting you say that. I'm usually quite introverted in social situations but at work when I was in my domain of confidence I could get quite extraverted. Of course, I also needed to organize myself...

But since the MBTI is about preference, I realize I prefer to be introverted and not to make any plans actually. I spend too much time surfing on the net or thinking about random stuff and I'm really not that active. And I feel more comfortable that way...

I took the official MBTI during a work situation and came off slightly E and J... so.... But I never related to the ENTJ profile really. Just the NT bit about logic, knowledge, competence, etc.

Which makes me think how the MBTI is really to be taken lightly, as it depends alot IMO on the situation you're in.