• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Year Later...

What type is Orangey?

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
So it's been a year (give or take a month) since I last took a poll about my type. I think it's time for another. So what do you think?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Gotta vote INTP again. It definitely seems like you use a lot of Ti, and seem more Ti than Ni, I think. Your posting style might tend to be a little formal and pragmatic though, which could read as INTJ.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Like aj said your posts are more formal than most INTPs would write.

But I also read one of your posts on relationships a while back that was as if I could have written the exact same post.

Why do you keep doubting your type?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Your posting style might tend to be a little formal and pragmatic though, which could read as INTJ.

Like aj said your posts are more formal than most INTPs would write.

I think the formality comes from being used to writing academically.

Why do you keep doubting your type?

Well I've never been 100% certain of my type, so I guess you could say I'm in a constant state of doubt? I like to use little polls like these to see how I come off to others.

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFJ, but that isn't an option. Why exactly do you doubt your INTP-ness? Strong Fi? Strong Te?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ, but that isn't an option. Why exactly do you doubt your INTP-ness? Strong Fi? Strong Te?

enneagram 6 - the uncertain ones. Usually ISXJs, but not necessarily, I think that stems from the E6s desire for security, I'd say that Perciever E6s are more about uncertainty than security. I could be entirely wrong about that though... I seem to get the enneagram wrong all the damned time :D

I'd vote INTP... but I don't know, there's not really much available to base it on as of yet.
*throws in ISTJ vote*
That would explain the formal style (often more of a Sensing quality, rather than purely Judging), I think ISTJ might almost suit you :tongue:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

If anything, since this question seems to keep coming up, I'd say strong Te. And pretty high Fe. I'm a pretty polite person.

And ISFJ isn't an option because it's probably the third to furthest (ESFJ and ESTJ being the furthest) from describing my personality. I won't waste any more space on this, though, because you were probably just dicking around with the suggestion.

enneagram 6 - the uncertain ones. Usually ISXJs, but not necessarily, I think that stems from the E6s desire for security, I'd say that Perciever E6s are more about uncertainty than security. I could be entirely wrong about that though... I seem to get the enneagram wrong all the damned time :D

I'd vote INTP... but I don't know, there's not really much available to base it on as of yet.
*throws in ISTJ vote*
That would explain the formal style (often more of a Sensing quality, rather than purely Judging), I think ISTJ might almost suit you :tongue:

I identify very well with the enneagram 5w4. I have very few doubts about that.

Damn you, screwing up my poll with that ISTJ nonsense! :azdaja:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INTP, though INTJ is my backup choice for reasons already mentioned. But still, INTP.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Nothing wrong with not being absolutely certain on your type. Juggling multiple types indicates that you are critically weighing the likelihood of each and cannot fully disqualify a few. (As, you'll recall, all of the types are HUMAN. You're bound to have characteristics of other types) While the fact may not yet be fully apparent to you, function usage is largely static. While the functions normally maintain a very unique position in a person's repertoire, when and how you use them will vary, especially at the day-to-day level. In short, PEOPLE CHANGE. Monitoring a constant in the sea of chaos is a most daunting and nigh impossible task. Anyone with 100% certainty of their type must be ignoring these truths in some way.

I'm going to vote INTP simply because of the implied P through your juggling of many options instead of hammering things down as soon as possible, which would be more consistent with a J.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
While the functions normally maintain a very unique position in a person's repertoire, when and how you use them will vary, especially at the day-to-day level. In short, PEOPLE CHANGE. Monitoring a constant in the sea of chaos is a most daunting and nigh impossible task. Anyone with 100% certainty of their type must be ignoring these truths in some way.

That's actually a very eloquent way of putting it. I agree.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
So it's been a year (give or take a month) since I last took a poll about my type. I think it's time for another. So what do you think?

I voted INTP, with this thread as partially supporting evidence. :D