• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this dude?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
- He loves meeting new people.
- Excellent multitasker, helpful guy.
- Gets mad easily sometimes, but also had a relatively difficult childhood
- Very witty and playful
- Great with the ladies
- Very independent
- Opened up to a few friends about how proud he is of his family during his birthday
- Extremely outgoing
- Cool guy in general
- Can be occasionally moody
- Can accomplish things well

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Can you give more info on the N/S and the J/P?

Okay, these are the two toughest areas to judge others in imo. I would say he can be pretty spontaneous, although he might have planned stuff which I don't see. He gets angry often, and I would say he's very expressive. He talks a lot. His sense of humor is somewhat sarcastic too. He takes a lot of initiative too, usually is the leader of things. He can also be hard-working when he wants to, and he's quite responsible.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm thinking he's ENFJ. Does that sound right?

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I say ENF. When he says things, does he take a while to spit it out?

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
sounds like a J. You say he's witty -- is it NP wit or NJ wit or other?

NJs have a signature wit that makes you think "where the hell did that come from? I dunno, but its funny"

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
sounds like a J. You say he's witty -- is it NP wit or NJ wit or other?

NJs have a signature wit that makes you think "where the hell did that come from? I dunno, but its funny"

Ah I see, he has that kind of wit. What is NP wit like?

I love how women who fall for assholes can find all sorts of justifications for their center of affections asshole-ness.

???

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- Opened up to a few friends about how proud he is of his family during his birthday

That there is a pretty strong example of Fe dominance. When you elaborated on S/N and P/J... you were actually just further adding to the list of extroverted behaviors. Did you intend to do that???

Anyway, I'm fairly convinced that he's a J, especially since people have clearly stated E and F. There are a few simple clues you can look for if you want a rough idea of the S versus N, firstly, ENFJs are clumsy and leave things everywhere sometimes and are often into things like horoscopes and aren't quite attached to the real world, ESFJs use sensory information, they will talk about things they've seen, touched, tasted etc. Both types will yap their faces of if you ask them a few questions, and both types are very clearly feelers, so if you're finding a whole shitload of crazy S or zany N, you'll know that EXFJ is way off the mark. :yes:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
That there is a pretty strong example of Fe dominance. When you elaborated on S/N and P/J... you were actually just further adding to the list of extroverted behaviors. Did you intend to do that???

Anyway, I'm fairly convinced that he's a J, especially since people have clearly stated E and F. There are a few simple clues you can look for if you want a rough idea of the S versus N, firstly, ENFJs are clumsy and leave things everywhere sometimes and are often into things like horoscopes and aren't quite attached to the real world, ESFJs use sensory information, they will talk about things they've seen, touched, tasted etc. Both types will yap their faces of if you ask them a few questions, and both types are very clearly feelers, so if you're finding a whole shitload of crazy S or zany N, you'll know that EXFJ is way off the mark. :yes:

Yeah, I think he's definitely E_FJ, I don't know if S or N right now.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I couldn't see an ESFJ being particularly good with the ladies

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Wait, why is he automatically an F? A lot of these behaviors can fit ESTJ. It all depends on what is meant by things like "witty", "moody", "good with the ladies". Witty how? Moody how? How is he good with the ladies? None of those traits are specific to types. In fact, this says more about the OP's type than it does about the friend. What he may see as "witty", someone like me may see as "crudely unfunny". It all depends on what is meant. Mostly the only thing that is for sure is that the guy is an extrovert.

Trying to type based on functions/dichotomies is a bad idea.

It was a special occasion and he only opened up to a few friends. How is that Fe dominance? Wouldn't he open up about this sort of thing more often if it was his dominant function?

I say get away from trying to figure out S vs. N and T vs. F. That's very hard to do based on a list of traits. You're going to at least need to provide paragraph-length descriptions for that.

Start with temperament: NF, SP, SJ, NT?

Interaction style: Get-things-going or In-Charge (since he is apparently an initiator/extrovert for sure)?

If you know only those two things, you know his type.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Often people who love meeting new people are extroverted and sensing. Opening up to a few friends sounds kind of like Fi, witty and playful sounds like Te. I'd say ESFP for those reasons, although he could be an ENFP or ESFJ. It's hard to say without knowing the person.

- He loves meeting new people.
- Excellent multitasker, helpful guy.
- Gets mad easily sometimes, but also had a relatively difficult childhood
- Very witty and playful
- Great with the ladies
- Very independent
- Extremely outgoing
- Cool guy in general
- Can be occasionally moody
- Can accomplish things well

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Hard to tell just from what you've said. I keep thinking of a few different types.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I couldn't see an ESFJ being particularly good with the ladies

Why not?

Wait, why is he automatically an F? A lot of these behaviors can fit ESTJ. It all depends on what is meant by things like "witty", "moody", "good with the ladies". Witty how? Moody how? How is he good with the ladies? None of those traits are specific to types. In fact, this says more about the OP's type than it does about the friend. What he may see as "witty", someone like me may see as "crudely unfunny". It all depends on what is meant. Mostly the only thing that is for sure is that the guy is an extrovert.

Trying to type based on functions/dichotomies is a bad idea.

It was a special occasion and he only opened up to a few friends. How is that Fe dominance? Wouldn't he open up about this sort of thing more often if it was his dominant function?

I say get away from trying to figure out S vs. N and T vs. F. That's very hard to do based on a list of traits. You're going to at least need to provide paragraph-length descriptions for that.

Start with temperament: NF, SP, SJ, NT?

Interaction style: Get-things-going or In-Charge (since he is apparently an initiator/extrovert for sure)?

If you know only those two things, you know his type.

I can't judge what temperament he is really, I personally don't think that's an accurate way of typing someone.

But based on reading those two Interaction styles, I would say he's more Get-things-going than In-Charge.

Hard to tell just from what you've said. I keep thinking of a few different types.

What types do you think of?

Often people who love meeting new people are extroverted and sensing. Opening up to a few friends sounds kind of like Fi, witty and playful sounds like Te. I'd say ESFP for those reasons, although he could be an ENFP or ESFJ. It's hard to say without knowing the person.

You know at first, I'm purposely secretly not ruling ESFP out. I know Uberfuhrer mentioned it too.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I think I pretty much thought of every extroverted type, man. Except maybe ENXP.