User Tag List

First 123

Glycerine

ESFP, ENTP, ENFP, or ESFJ then

MBTI
    I

Yeah his extroversion is clearly very pronounced. It's the other categories where we have doubt. He really doesn't seem like ESTx to me either, now that I think about it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My first impression is ESFP. What are your thoughts on ENFJ?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Glycerine

If he is "Get Things Going", he can't be ENXJ, or ESTX.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    My first impression is ESFP. What are your thoughts on ENFJ?
    I read the description of ENFJ and could definitely see him as being one. ESFP is possible, but then again he had a few J qualities, unlike an ESFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    Wait, why is he automatically an F? A lot of these behaviors can fit ESTJ. It all depends on what is meant by things like "witty", "moody", "good with the ladies". Witty how? Moody how? How is he good with the ladies? None of those traits are specific to types. In fact, this says more about the OP's type than it does about the friend. What he may see as "witty", someone like me may see as "crudely unfunny". It all depends on what is meant. Mostly the only thing that is for sure is that the guy is an extrovert.

Trying to type based on functions/dichotomies is a bad idea.
    That is what MBTI is about, it's usually quite easy to work through the dichotomies, as long as you actually know the person and you're not just an acquaintance (although some people project their personalities quite furiously). It is also quite hard to know 'off by heart' the exact qualities of the temperaments, most people pick to either learn them, or the dichotomy descriptions and differences.

It was a special occasion and he only opened up to a few friends. How is that Fe dominance? Wouldn't he open up about this sort of thing more often if it was his dominant function?

I say get away from trying to figure out S vs. N and T vs. F. That's very hard to do based on a list of traits. You're going to at least need to provide paragraph-length descriptions for that.

Start with temperament: NF, SP, SJ, NT?

Interaction style: Get-things-going or In-Charge (since he is apparently an initiator/extrovert for sure)?

If you know only those two things, you know his type.
    The person isn't 100% guaranteed feeler material, but when was the last time you saw a T go out of their way to tell their family that they are proud of them? I've known FJs in particular to be the ones that initiate such expressions, especially in the right settings. Moodiness is not so type dependent, expressing it like so might suggest E/J, but that's a bit sketchy.

I like this temperament method of typing people, I never realized that it could be used in conjunction with the 'get things going' descriptions. I'd say the best way to type people is to use both methods. Thanks
    5 3 9

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    If he is "Get Things Going", he can't be ENXJ, or ESTX.
    That's weird to me. ESTPs are described as being the type to "get things going". I think we can be described less as being "in charge" unless you just mean subtly through influence and suggestion.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

ENTJ.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.