• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ENFP?

What do you think my type is?

• INFP

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Being passive-aggressive and shy are not INFP traits, nor are they inherent to any one type.

INFPs are still Ne-aux and can have very goofy sides, and we may like to talk about deeper issues very much, just not as inclined to fluffy chatter.

Just wanted to clear that up.... ;)

Hm, I guess you are right. But it seems like sometimes INFPs can be more passive agressive than ENFPs? My sister is an INFP and she is the world's most passive agressive girl.

But you're right, it doesn't really correlate with types.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
If find INFPs more decisive, and probably a bit more structured. It could be the dominant judgers thing. I don't really think the two types are that similar.

Ne dominant: theoretical, attacks everything in life as questions to answer, life is a constant search to see and understand everything in their environment. Generally not fussed by much, unless it inhibits their search. Adapt hugely to surroundings.

Fi dominant: I don't know, but seem very different.

Chloe

I got totally INFP vibe, but dont know you well to be sure. but you dont sound enfp.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
They are the introverted extroverts, like ENTPs, because they are lead by Ne. Intuition is a purely mental process, thus being in your head and not outward like a normal extrovert. You don't seem like an ENFP at all. Not at all, in any way, from seeing you post on here. You definitely aren't an Ne dom. Plus I don't see the EXXP in you.

Hey Black Cat! As an ENFP and fellow XNFP - I'm curious - can you expound more what an Ne dom posting style is? Or EP?

Thank ye!

(Marmalade, sorry for the mini-thread hijack, but it totally ties into your INFP/ENFP quest and original question, really!)

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I voted INFP because you seem to be an Fi-dom.

ENFP's can't seem to help derailing threads with zany fluff, whereas I've noticed that you tend to stay on topic, evaluting/judging--as least moreso than the ENFP's with whom I'm familiar.

edit: Didn't mean the above to be derogatory. ENFP's play more with their Ne, making crazy abstract connections, whereas Fi's tend to be more sober and somber; when they joke it's usually sardonic. (See JJJ).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey Black Cat! As an ENFP and fellow XNFP - I'm curious - can you expound more what an Ne dom posting style is? Or EP?

Thank ye!

(Marmalade, sorry for the mini-thread hijack, but it totally ties into your INFP/ENFP quest and original question, really!)

Keep in mind that it's 6 am and I just got up half an hour ago when you read this post. Lol.

From what I've observed Ne doms seem almost detached when they are posting, like they are freely exploring the idea of the thread in their head as they're writing, letting out pretty much anything that they think of as they talk about the topic. This is why a lot of Ne doms derail, twist and turn the points to where they aren't as they originally were, etc.

But...

When they actually DO stay on topic they provide unique insight and bring up points about the topic that people aren't thinking about. But a lot of the time all that they really do is derail in some way, because they are just letting their mind free flow (letting isn't a good word, it's more like their Ne is overtaking them in their post).

That's how I see Ne doms in their posting.

I don't see that at all in marmalade, not in the least. She is clearly an Fi dom.

Did you agree with the get things going style that an ENFP has? Get-Things-Going This really doesn't seem like you for me. You aren't really a catalyst from people on here, you just seem to stick to your guns, your own points, and just generally don't catalyze people. On here the ENFPs seem to naturally do this. You seem more behind the scenes like an INFP is supposed to be- Behind-the-Scenes

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Did you agree with the get things going style that an ENFP has? Get-Things-Going This really doesn't seem like you for me. You aren't really a catalyst from people on here, you just seem to stick to your guns, your own points, and just generally don't catalyze people. On here the ENFPs seem to naturally do this. You seem more behind the scenes like an INFP is supposed to be- Behind-the-Scenes

:sharp intake of breath:

Dood, were you talking to me or to Marmalade?

Because, wait, for realz, did you just :voice goes up an octave: call me an INFP???

And did you just say :voice goes up another octave into high squeaky register: that I don't catalyze people? (Note: I don't even know what that means, but it sounds cool)

Have you read all the pouting and whining I do on this forum about the mean INFPs I have dated? Are you trying to punish me for complaining about your type behind thinly veiled recriminations against real life exes???

??

????

??

But, LOL at you linking Ne=massive derail. I would characterize it more as a "thread of consciousness" style of posting. Or someone typing like they talk. Then again, I think INTJs here probably also type like they talk. They just talk a lot less than us*. :laugh:

*If I am indeed still an extravert. ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, this thread is about marmalade's typing and not you.

Silly Ne dom. *slaps*

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Keep in mind that it's 6 am and I just got up half an hour ago when you read this post. Lol.

From what I've observed Ne doms seem almost detached when they are posting, like they are freely exploring the idea of the thread in their head as they're writing, letting out pretty much anything that they think of as they talk about the topic. This is why a lot of Ne doms derail, twist and turn the points to where they aren't as they originally were, etc.

But...

When they actually DO stay on topic they provide unique insight and bring up points about the topic that people aren't thinking about. But a lot of the time all that they really do is derail in some way, because they are just letting their mind free flow (letting isn't a good word, it's more like their Ne is overtaking them in their post).

That's how I see Ne doms in their posting.

I don't see that at all in marmalade, not in the least. She is clearly an Fi dom.

According to cognitive functions tests I have taken I am an Fi dom.

Yeah, I do stick to my guns. Sometimes a little too much. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If find INFPs more decisive, and probably a bit more structured. It could be the dominant judgers thing. I don't really think the two types are that similar.

Ne dominant: theoretical, attacks everything in life as questions to answer, life is a constant search to see and understand everything in their environment. Generally not fussed by much, unless it inhibits their search. Adapt hugely to surroundings.

Fi dominant: I don't know, but seem very different.

I DO NOT adapt hugely to surroundings. I like to have my own little space, even if I'm living in a house with roommates or other people I must have my own space and am bothered greatly if it is intruded upon too much.

I am theoretical though, and I do seek to see and understand my environment.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hm, I guess you are right. But it seems like sometimes INFPs can be more passive agressive than ENFPs? My sister is an INFP and she is the world's most passive agressive girl.

But you're right, it doesn't really correlate with types.

I am also definitely NOT passive-aggressive. I'm pretty direct.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think you are INFP. That's the vibe I get. Nothing so far seems to say you are an E.