• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not an Infj. Not sure what though.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lately its been comming to my attention, that...I might not be infj. I don't really know what I am though. Its been suggested that I could be in a shadow type, and my functions test definately wasn't infj. In fact I wasnt an I or an F at all. (I tested ENTP)
So this has been weighing on my mind. I can't even remember being a feeler as a child anyways not until I was a teen did any of this emotional stuff really start making a difference. Well, I mean it made difference, and I mean irrationally so. Like irrationally where I have no grasp of what is going on or what things really should be like.

Until I hit 14...I was cold and aggressive and standoffish. I was always in a fight and I was ultra load. I was one of the first to get up front or the first to start an arguement. I was outgoing, made lots and lots of friends, and I enjoyed doing things with other people. I enjoyed talking and never ever shut up! I talked to everyone, other kids and adults. (I was highly extroverted)
But thats when home life started to get bad. My father would come home on rampages throwing things at us and our mother. I would watch him pin her against the refrigerator and start screaming and beating her so she couldn't get away. I used to stand up and argue with him because he was hitting my mom and I didnt think it was right. My sister and her used to stand back while he and I went at it. I refused to back down, even when I was wrong because it was principle. He used to light things on fire and threaten to drop them and kill us all. He wanted to know if we where ready to die. He enjoyed hearing us scream.

My mother didnt care, because he was hers and thats what she wanted in life. My sister and I where neglected for years (bad medical care not because we didnt have but our mother was more interested in reading her romance novels than taking us to the doctor or feeding us). So we both kinda learned to fend for ourselves. My sister was really really emotionally needy, and I was really really aggressive and mean to get what I needed. I thought that emotional response was weak and to have emotions made you weak. (Weak people where on the bottom of the food chain per say in the family and I wasnt going to end up like my mother) I was pushy, I needed things NOW, because I didnt know if I could get them later.

But I needed friends, I needed acceptance. I made friends by watching other kids make friends, I learned people liked nice people, so I became a nicer person (without contact I go insane) but I always enjoyed speaking in public or in class...I just had no regard for school because someone else told me it was important. I was highly rebelious. I was so uncomfortable with any types of emotions I had, especially emotions for other people (or ones I deemed negative). I used to cut and burn myself so I wouldnt feel so strongly.

I needed something else to cause myself not to hurt emotionally. I was in and out of counceling starting at 12 for self harm. When I was 15 things started changing..I came very close to a successful suicide (I remembered what it was like to be dead, before I was revived) and things became a little different.

When I was 17 I was sexually asshaulted..and after that..something just broke inside of me..I just couldnt be the way I had been before. (At 15 I was diagnosed with scitzoaffective disorder (where scitzophrenia and bipolar coexist at the same time in an individual)
Then somehow I realized I suddenly wanted children, which I had never wanted in my life EVER, I wanted to stay home and be a partner and bake cookies and I HAD NEVER ever wanted anything like that before. With every emotional blow in relationships I took, it reminded me of how I wasn't good enough to be loved by my own family. I suddenly needed..love..because I didnt have it. I didn't have the heart to fight back anymore. So I just started being ultra agreeable and people pleasing..because they gave me what I needed. I learned to watch for signs of people not being so kosher and stopped trusting.

I pulled back..way back, I couldnt spend time with the people I cared about most, I couldnt speak to the people I dated openly anymore, I just caccooned up and started analyzing. I like staying one step ahead as to not get hurt, but not much farther than that. I have no big dream or vision (just a rough idea of what I'm gifted to do) and I only truly understand things that I have been through. I don't doorslam very well and I'm highly direct about things.

All of this ^^^^ points to being an unhealthy shadow type IMO, but I need input, I suck at typing people. and I'd really like others opinions, to help me reach further into this subject.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm really sorry about all the obstacles you have had to face. Life isn't easy sometimes. I hope you keep fighting. :hug:

I don't know what your type is, but I can tell from vent that you use a lot of Fe. So theoretically you could be ENTP but you also seem very subdued. I don't know. It doesnt really matter at the end of the day. They are just letters because you already know yourself and don't need MBTI to define you.

And considering all you have been through, any function can be clouded and/or hidden.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really sorry about all the obstacles you have had to face. Life isn't easy sometimes. I hope you keep fighting. :hug:

I don't know what your type is, but I can tell from vent that you use a lot of Fe. So theoretically you could be ENTP but you also seem very subdued. I don't know. It doesnt really matter at the end of the day. They are just letters because you already know yourself.

And considering all you have been through, any function can be clouded and/or hidden.

Fe is my highest used function no matter what.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:hug: I agree, you sound very Fe. Functions tests in my opinion aren't always very accurate, it's better I think to just reflect on what you really think you use the most frequently during the times when you're most at ease. When you're under stress or recovering from stressful events your function use will be different, but you obviously know that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to choose between

crazy girl, noone wants to sit in the bus next to :D:

YouTube - a silly INFJ

Or a professional student :D:

YouTube - Studying

Have you considered ENFJ too btw. ? I am convinced the lack of ENFJs on this forum can be explained by many people mistyping them as INFJs. Cause they got depressions, emotional downs, or whatsoever, you know what I mean :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
a lotta INFP's I know spent a long time thinking they were or should be INFJ's. Dunno why...

PS Don't listen to entropie, he's always drunk :D

anything more personal I'd rather say by rep or profile thingy, which you switched off, so... I think you look more INFP ish to me. And I'm an authority on the matter. I started the Praise of INFP thread, dammit!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a lotta INFP's I know spent a long time thinking they were or should be INFJ's. Dunno why...

anything more personal I'd rather say by rep or profile thingy, which you switched off, so... I think you look more INFP ish to me. And I'm an authority on the matter. I started the Praise of INFP thread, dammit!

I'm pretty sure I'm no INFP. my Fe is way way up there and my Fi isnt so much.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

what do you base that on, may i ask? because Fe is not one of the main functions of infp.

rainbows, do you know your aux function?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wouldnt be too far off according to function distribution

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my functions go like this - fe, ne, ti, ni, se, fi, te, si

wow. yeah, that's interesting. looks like entp most likely. does entp description resonate with you?

could having to be hypervigilant in your surroundings make your Fe hyper good? normally it's the tertiary function of entps, but if from a young age you had to constantly be on the look-out for your mom and yourself and watch your dad, i could see how one could over compensate with Fe. but i'm just speculating, of course. i have no knowledge of anyone doing so, but it seems reasonable.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I had a rough childhood and I mimicked Fe for most of it to survive. If you really experienced it so young, you most likely are not an ENTP by classic definition. But anything is possible.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow. yeah, that's interesting. looks like entp most likely. does entp description resonate with you?

could having to be hypervigilant in your surroundings make your Fe hyper good? normally it's the tertiary function of entps, but if from a young age you had to constantly be on the look-out for your mom and yourself and watch your dad, i could see how one could over compensate with Fe. but i'm just speculating, of course. i have no knowledge of anyone doing so, but it seems reasonable.

I am hypervigilant. It keeps out of alot of trouble.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP ? You ? That would defy my knowledge of human nature.. but ok. We only communicated over the internet, I can be wrong.

You do give off a lot of idealistic vibes and care alot more for other people than yourself. I dont think one can actually "play the role of Fe", I think the concept is more about having it or not and if you dont, you cant mimick it or excersise it beyond its limitations within you.

Fuck I am talking in mbti terms again.

Do what you must, but quit mbti ! Thats the healthiest thing to do !

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seem like an INFJ to me. Definitely NF for sure. Your approach is very personal, not the more detached NT viewpoint. Even in your first post in this topic, you focus on the feelings you went through from your experiences much more than the view of the thoughts it gives you.

I suck at explaining things, but that's the way I see it anyway.