User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Random update: I think I'm a 1.
    After watching your video, this was my first guess.

Your vibe is sort of like I'd imagine young versions of my favorite ESTJ teachers from high school, and I suspect them of being 1w2. They must have been sorta strong, cool and witty. I have an ISTJ friend who is a 6, and although you kind of reminded me of her she seems considerably more withdrawn and self-conscious. The person you reminded me of the most was Hermione Granger, actually Whatever Enneagram she would be.
    Last edited by Space_Oddity; 02-04-2010 at 06:20 AM.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

To aid in typing (or to see if people think that I might be a 1w2, as I suspect), here is my video from the video thread.

One thing that seems 1w2-ish to me, on watching the video again, is the part when I say that "I care too much about what other people think", and that I "don't take a lot of risks in that sort of way". (I kinda think that what I meant by "other people" was just "the population in general", but I'm not sure.)

Also, I'm notorious in my family for having to explain, in detail, why I did a particular thing, if they don't approve of it, and getting upset when they say that they don't care about the explanation ('cause I always REALLY HAVE TO SAY IT). I'm pretty sure that it's because doing things wrong makes me very, very embarrassed, and that humiliation makes me try to defend myself against further "attack".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

To aid in typing (or to see if people think that I might be a 1w2, as I suspect), here is my video from the video thread.

One thing that seems 1w2-ish to me, on watching the video again, is the part when I say that "I care too much about what other people think", and that I "don't take a lot of risks in that sort of way". (I kinda think that what I meant by "other people" was just "the population in general", but I'm not sure.)

Also, I'm notorious in my family for having to explain, in detail, why I did a particular thing, if they don't approve of it, and getting upset when they say that they don't care about the explanation ('cause I always REALLY HAVE TO SAY IT). I'm pretty sure that it's because doing things wrong makes me very, very embarrassed, and that humiliation makes me try to defend myself against further "attack".
    YES AGREED!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

So, I'm definitely, 100%, a member of the 1w2 family?

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

...guys? What do you think?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

would you mind explaining type 1 resentment?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

You mean... as I experience it/as I THINK I experience it? Well, if I am in fact a 1, it's a desperate need to say something, or stick up for yourself, or express anger/frustration in some way, and an inability to, either because I feel like I'm not allowed to or I feel like it wouldn't be appropriate. But when that happens, it's like it's boiling right below the surface and sometimes I have a hard time thinking about anything else. It takes over my entire consciousness, and all I can really do is be silent and wallow in it.

I'd say that this sort of thing doesn't happen to me a whole lot, though. It's situational - i.e. it only shows up when someone/thing makes me upset and I don't think I can do anything about it. So it doesn't dominate my existence or anything. If I am a 1, then what dominates my existence is a 1-ish need to do everything RIGHT.

MBTI
    CAT

You mean... as I experience it/as I THINK I experience it? Well, if I am in fact a 1, it's a desperate need to say something, or stick up for yourself, or express anger/frustration in some way, and an inability to, either because I feel like I'm not allowed to or I feel like it wouldn't be appropriate. But when that happens, it's like it's boiling right below the surface and sometimes I have a hard time thinking about anything else. It takes over my entire consciousness, and all I can really do is be silent and wallow in it.
    This sounds a LOT like my ESTJ boyfriend, who is also a 1 (1w9). He usually holds his anger and frustration in (except when he vents to me XD), but one can feel it boiling inside him. There's really a lot of powerful, sometimes almost dangerous energy associated with 1, I'd think.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Thanks for the input! I'm still uncertain, though... I guess because the 1 description has so many things in it that I don't relate to, and I feel like it goes too far on some of them. Here are the things I DON'T relate to:

From Enneagram Institute:
    They strive to overcome adversityparticularly moral adversityso that the human spirit can shine through and make a difference.
    I never ever EVER think of things in terms of the "human spirit". I honestly don't speak that language (I can kinda understand it, but speaking it doesn't come naturally to me - my STJ accent gets in the way).
    They are usually seen by others as highly self- controlled, even rigid, although this is not how Ones experience themselves.
    The only people who see me as being uptight are people that I dislike, or who make me uncomfortable. Everyone else sees me differently. (Watch my video and you'll understand.)
    It seems to them that they are sitting on a cauldron of passions and desires, and they had better keep the lid on lest they and everyone else around them regret it.
    True to an extent, but it's situational! There are plenty of emotions that I'd be totally fine sharing! It's just that maybe 1/5 of the time, I'll make a conscious effort to not say something because it would be "bad" to do that, i.e. against my set of internal rules. But I'm pretty open with most emotions - or at least, the ones that don't make me uncomfortable (pardon the double negative).

From enneagram.net:
    Sometimes, you wish that you could let go and have more fun. This can be hard for you to do unless you are on vacation because of your strong work ethic.
    You prefer what is practical, grounded and stable and avoid appearing silly or frivolous to others.
    Completely and utterly untrue; I like to be silly and I love to make people laugh.

I'm also not sure if I'm quite as idealistic and leader-ish as the descriptions might make me out to be. I'd like to think of myself as more of a realist, but NOT a pessimistic realist.

But this is me being picky, I think - I realize that as I write this because I can relate much, much better to some type descriptions than others.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Also, this:

1 vs 6: Ones unlike sixes do not worry and are very sure of themselves. They know what their purpose is in the world. They "just know" way things should be and they pride themselves in not wavering in their convictions. Ones have a drive for self-improvement that sixes don't have.
    I worry! But I've gotten to the point that when I worry, I go:
    "Stop worrying about this! Worrying doesn't help anything and you've done stuff like this before with no problem. Remember _____ and _____ (evidence)? Just shut up, internal voice! Shut the hell up."
    And then the internal voice pretty much shuts up.

Edit: You know, the way that quote is phrased is pretty much stupid. Everyone worries about things! It's just a matter of degree. If you consider other 1 type descriptions, wouldn't it make sense that 1s occasionally worry about doing things wrong?