User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Default Another Random Thought

INTJ?

My INFJ friend said my behavior gave of INTJ "vibes." Thoughts?
    Last edited by Matthew_Z; 08-04-2009 at 04:13 AM.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well your Te and Ni aren't that great. And from talking to you you seem to have Fe in you (random expressions and such, attempts to make the social atmosphere a bit brighter). Yep, INTP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

The best test for INTPness, is to work out if you think that you might be an INTJ, or discover that someone else thinks that you are an INTJ. The only problem with that test is that you might actually be an INTJ that just thought he was INTP...

What makes you think that you're an INTJ? what makes you think that you're not an INTP?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    xxxx

The main problem with INTP is that, while I'm highly confident that my dominant rational function is Ti, I'm not entirely sure as to what the complimentary irrational function is. For various reasons, I've ruled out Se, otherwise this would be the "ISTP?" thread. Of course, Se is the 4th function for INTJs, so it doesn't quite rule anything out.

I'm aware I have at least a moderate use of Si. Unhealthy INTP using the 3rd function? Who knows?

I don't deny that INTP is the "best fit." It would appear to be the most logical conclusion, especially with the apparent Ti-dom and "abstract" communication that implies N. However, I'm not entirely convinced of that conclusion without a good judge on my N. (and, of course, how it relates to my S function)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

You seem IxTJ at the very least. I was surprised when you switched your type to INTP. I see IJ > IP.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You seem IxTJ at the very least. I was surprised when you switched your type to INTP. I see IJ > IP.
    I don't think anyone on this forum is going to argue anything than a T preference in me. xxTx is fairly certain. However, IxTJ means Te-aux. As BlackCat pointed out above, my Te doesn't fully appear to be my 2nd function. (Although it could be. Just doesn't SEEM to be.)

One a side tangent I'd like to reference, Socionics seems to "blend" a little of what MBTI knows to be Ni and Ti. (Which is likely why you, Lauren Ashley, scored LII before)

Interesting view. What about me/my behavior seems IJ>IP?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

5w6 INTPs can sometimes come across as INTJs, I think. Your expressions tend to be far more cerebral, and less prone to thinking for the sake of it and more focus on a degree of pragmatism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    As BlackCat pointed out above, my Te doesn't fully appear to be my 2nd function. (Although it could be. Just doesn't SEEM to be.)

Interesting view. What about me/my behavior seems IJ>IP?
    Ne doesn't seem to be it either. It's possible that you're mixing Te (organization) with Si (details) so it comes off as looking like Ti. Most ISTJs I know don't seem very different from yourself. All are pretty contemplative.

You seem fixed and steadfast. I get more of an unsettled vibe from INTPs, not really nervous, but inconstant.

One a side tangent I'd like to reference, Socionics seems to "blend" a little of what MBTI knows to be Ni and Ti. (Which is likely why you, Lauren Ashley, scored LII before)
    I did?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Your expressions tend to be far more cerebral, and less prone to thinking for the sake of it and more focus on a degree of pragmatism.
    This is also relevant to ISTJ.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I can't see Te... but then again I've been told I'm lousy with distinguishing the difference between Ti vs Te. *shrugs*
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Ne doesn't seem to be it either. It's possible that you're mixing Te (organization) with Si (details) so it comes off as looking like Ti. Most ISTJs I know don't seem very different from yourself. All are pretty contemplative.
    I do recall thinking the opposite when I changed from ISTJ to INTP. That is, the possibility that Ti was looking like a combination of Si + Te. However, I have occasionally been called "disorganized." To be fair to the ISTJ theory, I do recall several ISTJs simply preferring a comfortable environment more organized to their own standards. (and, of course, to avoid the stereotype that SJs are organized) The eventual conclusion was that Si and Te were both at a decent level, but that they "leeched" part of their scoring from Ti.

You seem fixed and steadfast. I get more of an unsettled vibe from INTPs, not really nervous, but inconstant.
    More vibes from INFJs.

I did?
    I believe someone said you acted like an LII a while back.

This is also relevant to ISTJ.
    Elaborate?