• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Random Thought

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
INTJ?

My INFJ friend said my behavior gave of INTJ "vibes." Thoughts?

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well your Te and Ni aren't that great. And from talking to you you seem to have Fe in you (random expressions and such, attempts to make the social atmosphere a bit brighter). Yep, INTP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best test for INTPness, is to work out if you think that you might be an INTJ, or discover that someone else thinks that you are an INTJ. The only problem with that test is that you might actually be an INTJ that just thought he was INTP...

What makes you think that you're an INTJ? what makes you think that you're not an INTP?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
The main problem with INTP is that, while I'm highly confident that my dominant rational function is Ti, I'm not entirely sure as to what the complimentary irrational function is. For various reasons, I've ruled out Se, otherwise this would be the "ISTP?" thread. Of course, Se is the 4th function for INTJs, so it doesn't quite rule anything out.

I'm aware I have at least a moderate use of Si. Unhealthy INTP using the 3rd function? Who knows?

I don't deny that INTP is the "best fit." It would appear to be the most logical conclusion, especially with the apparent Ti-dom and "abstract" communication that implies N. However, I'm not entirely convinced of that conclusion without a good judge on my N. (and, of course, how it relates to my S function)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem IxTJ at the very least. I was surprised when you switched your type to INTP. I see IJ > IP.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You seem IxTJ at the very least. I was surprised when you switched your type to INTP. I see IJ > IP.
I don't think anyone on this forum is going to argue anything than a T preference in me. xxTx is fairly certain. However, IxTJ means Te-aux. As BlackCat pointed out above, my Te doesn't fully appear to be my 2nd function. (Although it could be. Just doesn't SEEM to be.)

One a side tangent I'd like to reference, Socionics seems to "blend" a little of what MBTI knows to be Ni and Ti. (Which is likely why you, Lauren Ashley, scored LII before)

Interesting view. What about me/my behavior seems IJ>IP?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
5w6 INTPs can sometimes come across as INTJs, I think. Your expressions tend to be far more cerebral, and less prone to thinking for the sake of it and more focus on a degree of pragmatism.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As BlackCat pointed out above, my Te doesn't fully appear to be my 2nd function. (Although it could be. Just doesn't SEEM to be.)

Interesting view. What about me/my behavior seems IJ>IP?

Ne doesn't seem to be it either. It's possible that you're mixing Te (organization) with Si (details) so it comes off as looking like Ti. Most ISTJs I know don't seem very different from yourself. All are pretty contemplative.

You seem fixed and steadfast. I get more of an unsettled vibe from INTPs, not really nervous, but inconstant.

One a side tangent I'd like to reference, Socionics seems to "blend" a little of what MBTI knows to be Ni and Ti. (Which is likely why you, Lauren Ashley, scored LII before)
I did? :thelook:

Your expressions tend to be far more cerebral, and less prone to thinking for the sake of it and more focus on a degree of pragmatism.

This is also relevant to ISTJ.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I can't see Te... but then again I've been told I'm lousy with distinguishing the difference between Ti vs Te. *shrugs*

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Ne doesn't seem to be it either. It's possible that you're mixing Te (organization) with Si (details) so it comes off as looking like Ti. Most ISTJs I know don't seem very different from yourself. All are pretty contemplative.

I do recall thinking the opposite when I changed from ISTJ to INTP. That is, the possibility that Ti was looking like a combination of Si + Te. However, I have occasionally been called "disorganized." To be fair to the ISTJ theory, I do recall several ISTJs simply preferring a comfortable environment more organized to their own standards. (and, of course, to avoid the stereotype that SJs are organized) The eventual conclusion was that Si and Te were both at a decent level, but that they "leeched" part of their scoring from Ti.

You seem fixed and steadfast. I get more of an unsettled vibe from INTPs, not really nervous, but inconstant.
More vibes from INFJs.

I believe someone said you acted like an LII a while back.

This is also relevant to ISTJ.
Elaborate?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Interesting, I did not see this turning into a bit of INTP vs. ISTJ.

Chloe

I have never seen an INTP doing that, more Fe nonsense.

my college proffesor who is INTP does it. :p he is totally warm dude.

i read somewhere NTP will be more pleased to comforting other people.. and not carrying bout his own emotions.. and NFP opposite way... so.. it makes sense...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I have never seen an INTP doing that, more Fe nonsense.
I swear I've told my "90% of my friends are Fs" story/rant before. It rubs off on a person. (in a way quite similar to Ss have an above-average N because of being raised by Ns) Although, for whatever reason, Fi hasn't rubbed off on me all too much. I constantly find myself having trouble answering questions such as "what do you want for dinner?" Unless there's a apparent "logical" decision, (IE: Food about to expire in fridge, some restaurant having a sale, all other options trigger my gag reflex, etc.) it's not an easy call. "Want" isn't an easy concept to get adjusted to. There is food. Humans eat food. However, what inherent value would cause them to prefer one seemingly equivalent food item over another?

From this dilemma there are usually three easily seen routes to take. The first route is to construct some largely arbitrary method of selection. Such methods include "first thing that comes to mind" and the "roll a die/flip a coin" methods. The second route involves digging deeper into the options to discover what distinguishes various food items from each other. (usually the nutrition facts) If one food most compliments my daily intake up to that point based on Calories, Calcium, Vitamin B, and other values, that food is to be selected. The third, and perhaps simplest, route is to eat whatever I ate yesterday. While related to the first route, this one is distinct because of how often it is taken. Of the "arbitrary" possibilities, repeating a previous day's choice is chosen with a significantly higher frequency than other "arbitrary" means.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's the weird thing. You SEEM IJ to me, but from my interactions with you over ventrilo and on the forum you seem very INTP. As I said before, the random bouts of Fe including friendly banter, lightening the mood in the room (in an INTP's own awkward way), etc. I think, however I get the IJ vibe because of 5w6.

5w6 INTPs can sometimes come across as INTJs, I think. Your expressions tend to be far more cerebral, and less prone to thinking for the sake of it and more focus on a degree of pragmatism.

^This is very relevant. You may mistake this level of pragmatism for Te, but I would call it "selective Ti". And you seem to be a lot like me (I do relate to you a good bit to be honest), you use a lot of Si, keeping you grounded more than your average intuitive, but I definitely see the Ne in you. You seem to use Ne as a tool rather than something for just random useless crap (unless you're in NeFe mode). I can pretty much say the same about myself, hence my relating to you in that way.

Next random thought:

ENTP?

No. Not at all. ENTPs don't value Si, and it tends to bring them down. ENPs don't see the worth in Si or what it grants the person. You aren't like that. Lol.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INTPs are more theoretical than ISTJs, and you seem more theoretical and abstract to me, not really ISTJ material. Also the fact that your Ti and Ne are apparently highest, not to mention your Te, Si, and Ni are lower down. Not ISTJ. Not even ISTJ. You seem INTP.