• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EINTFP Conspiracy

What the fuck am I?

• ENTP

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • INFP

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTTER

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have concluded that I am an INFP!!!

BEHOLD MY MIGHTY INFPNESS!!! :devil:

Under MBTI terms, I do believe that I have been deluding myself, looking at what I could be, rather than what I am, and what I am is the most important factor (I also convinced myself that what I could be, is what I am). I clearly fall under the introvert category: Receiving, contained, Intimate & reflective.

Under Socionics, I am an ENTp, that describes me almost perfectly. My enneagram is 6w7, quite common for INFP, somewhat less common for ENTP. The 6 center is thinking, but the thing is, they actually mistake their emotions for thought. I reckon that might be what I'm doing :yes:

As for the F... I'm not entirely certain, I tend to ignore emotional things, I have on occasion been completely oblivious to the 'emotional atmosphere' at parties etc. I only found out that two of my friends were fighting afterward and I was kind of shocked. I'm not exactly compassionate :thinking:, to be an F, do you have to have a focus on emotion, beliefs, compassion?

Okay, here's an example of where I have had to make a decision:
I did not want to buy alcohol for my bro's mates (they're underage), but I did do it, otherwise I wouldn't be cool, and so long as I don't get caught out, I don't really care. Is that F or T? From what I gather that is more of a T preference, but I'm not so sure...

I have a feeling that it's just my enneagram clashing with my type, 6=introverted, if you mix extroversion in there, you get a bit of a balance...

okay, okay... BEHOLD MY MIGHTY (awkward) ENTPNESS!!! :doh:

Anyway, ENTPs are supposedly rather introverted without having an introverted enneagram, it only makes sense. Anyone willing to disagree with me anywhere here? I could use some opinions.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Why do you think you`re an INFP? There`s more uncertainty than any conclusion.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you think you`re an INFP? There`s more uncertainty than any conclusion.

... I don't know :unsure:, I seem to start (/want to start) these threads when uncertainty reaches it's maximum, I think I just need to lean on other people a bit... but it seems I just infect other people with my uncertainty in the process...

I'm just modest, I have been able to sort of relate to INFPs (I think)... INFP is just a possibility. I'm trying to see myself from outside of myself, and I just can't see the T or the E. I know an ENTP, and he's completely obvious on the T and E, he's loud, crazy, imaginative and random... as well as assertive, domineering, social. Compared to him, I'm quiet and reserved...

But you do have a good point... why am I not ENTP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, stop messing about, you're entp :coffee:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on, you know better than that.

Certainly do, I just returned to the basics of MBTI, I'm trying to form a quick, easy to remember, applicable version of MBTI into my head, it works quite well, I can type people fast with reasonable accurately :D. But I can't apply it to myself... I just completely fall through the cracks, but only on the F/T & E/I dichotomies :mad:

Dude, stop messing about, you're entp :coffee:

Good point, I've just succumbed to uncertainty... *pulls it together*

...much better :yes:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INFPs never use capslock. So.. disqualification.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
... I don't know :unsure:, I seem to start (/want to start) these threads when uncertainty reaches it's maximum, I think I just need to lean on other people a bit... but it seems I just infect other people with my uncertainty in the process...

Yes, you`re indeed a 6w7. ;)

I'm just modest, I have been able to sort of relate to INFPs (I think)... INFP is just a possibility. I'm trying to see myself from outside of myself, and I just can't see the T or the E. I know an ENTP, and he's completely obvious on the T and E, he's loud, crazy, imaginative and random... as well as assertive, domineering, social. Compared to him, I'm quiet and reserved...

But you do have a good point... why am I not ENTP?

I`m not sure if you`re an ENTP or not, ENFP would be another possibility. Can`t see you as INFP, though. You seem to have dominant Ne which fits very well with the 6w7s uncertainty as it is a flowing function and gives the uncertainty space to run around wildly. INFPs are not that floating as you seem to be.
Being an Extravert doesn`t mean you have to be a big mouth, go every day to a party or have a huge ego. There are also shy, reserved Extraverts.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Certainly do, I just returned to the basics of MBTI, I'm trying to form a quick, easy to remember, applicable version of MBTI into my head, it works quite well, I can type people fast with reasonable accurately :D. But I can't apply it to myself... I just completely fall through the cracks, but only on the F/T & E/I dichotomies :mad:

What you listed wasn`t was an Introvert in the MBTI or Jungian sense is all about. There were a few threads about it, therefore I wrote that you know better than that. Extraverts are turned towards the object, Introverts are turned towards the subject.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Under MBTI terms, I do believe that I have been deluding myself, looking at what I could be, rather than what I am, and what I am is the most important factor (I also convinced myself that what I could be, is what I am). I clearly fall under the introvert category: Receiving, contained, Intimate & reflective.

Puhlease. You can be an extrovert and be all of those... and what does that have to do with introversion? Give your reasoning. And also define what you mean by reflective.

Under Socionics, I am an ENTp, that describes me almost perfectly. My enneagram is 6w7, quite common for INFP, somewhat less common for ENTP. The 6 center is thinking, but the thing is, they actually mistake their emotions for thought. I reckon that might be what I'm doing :yes:

I've never seen a 6w7 INFP. Or met one on here or anywhere else. How is it common? That would seem to be quite rare.

As for the F... I'm not entirely certain, I tend to ignore emotional things, I have on occasion been completely oblivious to the 'emotional atmosphere' at parties etc. I only found out that two of my friends were fighting afterward and I was kind of shocked. I'm not exactly compassionate :thinking:, to be an F, do you have to have a focus on emotion, beliefs, compassion?

No. But it's clear that you're an ENTP.

Underlined- sounds like weak Fe.

Okay, here's an example of where I have had to make a decision:
I did not want to buy alcohol for my bro's mates (they're underage), but I did do it, otherwise I wouldn't be cool, and so long as I don't get caught out, I don't really care. Is that F or T? From what I gather that is more of a T preference, but I'm not so sure...

Neither.

I have a feeling that it's just my enneagram clashing with my type, 6=introverted, if you mix extroversion in there, you get a bit of a balance...

That happened to me. :yes:

Anyway, ENTPs are supposedly rather introverted without having an introverted enneagram, it only makes sense. Anyone willing to disagree with me anywhere here? I could use some opinions.

No. Intuition is purely mental, and you're leading with intuition. So with it being mental, yeah you're going to be an "introverted extrovert".

As for your T/F confusion, it's the same as my S/N confusion. My Si suddenly hit me, and I started to realize something was strange within me. I think this happened with your Fe, and you thought you were a feeler because the Fe is overwhelming you in it's natural development. You are getting to be that age.

So with your enneagram you can safely call yourself a non-idiot ENTP. Are you not relating to your type 7 and 8 ENTP cousins? Don't you want to be an idiot like them? Don't you want to push people's limits and be aggressive about it? Making people uncomfortable is FUN! Especially when it satisfies your curiosity. I seem to see that behavior out of the 7s and 8s, but not really any of the others (but there aren't many ENTPs who AREN'T 7 or 8, which probably also adds to your confusion).

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, you`re indeed a 6w7. ;)

I`m not sure if you`re an ENTP or not, ENFP would be another possibility. Can`t see you as INFP, though. You seem to have dominant Ne which fits very well with the 6w7s uncertainty as it is a flowing function and gives the uncertainty space to run around wildly. INFPs are not that floating as you seem to be.
Being an Extravert doesn`t mean you have to be a big mouth, go every day to a party or have a huge ego. There are also shy, reserved Extraverts.
I just realized that this other ENTP was probably like that because he was practically best buddies with the entire university and beyond, whereas I knew nobody... and if you pair that with shyness... that's just what you get. I am usually way louder around friends.... but sometimes I'm not at all...

I'll take Amar's word for it that I'm definitely not an ENFP, I think I have a feel for what ENFPs are like, it involves a certain level of sincerity that I do not have. At least I get to be rare, I seriously doubt that there are any other ENTP 6w7s around here...

What you listed wasn`t was an Introvert in the MBTI or Jungian sense is all about. There were a few threads about it, therefore I wrote that you know better than that. Extraverts are turned towards the object, Introverts are turned towards the subject.

I'm starting to think that that kind of definition is deluded...

but when you say object, if you applied this to a car for example, would an introvert be talking about cars the subject, whereas an extrovert would talk about the car specifically? I'm pretty sure thats N/S, right? Maybe I should go and read that thread thoroughly...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have a feel for what ENFPs are like, it involves a certain level of sincerity that I do not have. At least I get to be rare, I seriously doubt that there are any other ENTP 6w7s around here...

INFP is all about sincerity. LMAO @ you thinking you're INFP, seriously.

but when you say object, if you applied this to a car for example, would an introvert be talking about cars the subject, whereas an extrovert would talk about the car specifically? I'm pretty sure thats N/S, right? Maybe I should go and read that thread thoroughly...

Don't confuse yourself...

You're already processing his response with your dominant Ne. :newwink:

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
At least I get to be rare, I seriously doubt that there are any other ENTP 6w7s around here...
Even if there were other ENTP 6w7s, there`s just one King of Despair. :yes:
I'm starting to think that that kind of definition is deluded...

No, it`s not about cars. :D Jung used the words Introvert and Extraverts in a specific way which doesn`t match exactly with how the words are used today. Object means the outer world in contrast to the subject, the inner world. Extraverted function always take the outside world for granted, introverted functions don`t.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Puhlease. You can be an extrovert and be all of those... and what does that have to do with introversion? Give your reasoning. And also define what you mean by reflective.

I've never seen a 6w7 INFP. Or met one on here or anywhere else. How is it common? That would seem to be quite rare.

No. But it's clear that you're an ENTP.

Underlined- sounds like weak Fe.

Neither.

That happened to me. :yes:

No. Intuition is purely mental, and you're leading with intuition. So with it being mental, yeah you're going to be an "introverted extrovert".

As for your T/F confusion, it's the same as my S/N confusion. My Si suddenly hit me, and I started to realize something was strange within me. I think this happened with your Fe, and you thought you were a feeler because the Fe is overwhelming you in it's natural development. You are getting to be that age.

So with your enneagram you can safely call yourself a non-idiot ENTP. Are you not relating to your type 7 and 8 ENTP cousins? Don't you want to be an idiot like them? Don't you want to push people's limits and be aggressive about it? Making people uncomfortable is FUN! Especially when it satisfies your curiosity. I seem to see that behavior out of the 7s and 8s, but not really any of the others (but there aren't many ENTPs who AREN'T 7 or 8, which probably also adds to your confusion).

Those idiot ENTPians you're referring to are actually exceedingly witty and hilarious :yes:. I guess I just have different weaknesses than them... I wanna see a 6w7 ENTP :puppy_dog_eyes:

INFP is all about sincerity. LMAO @ you thinking you're INFP, seriously.

Don't confuse yourself...

You're already processing his response with your dominant Ne. :newwink:

Well, at least my confusion doesn't rub off onto you too much :)
I could just shock people and be a super dooper nice ENTP, that would blow their minds :rofl1:... hang on, I'm already super dooper nice...

jeez... alright, this whole Ne thing of mine is obviously just going nuts looking for possibilities and not bothering to process any of them with any kind of back up function. I should probably just slow down, consider the possibilities a bit more before I jump around to new ones...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
From my observations, people struggle with their MBTI type because they rely on unreliable sources for information on MBTI.

If it isn't written by Isabel Briggs Meyers, or if it significantly contradicts Meyers then it is highly suspect information.

I'm not saying that Meyers is a holy figure or that her writings are infallible---but she invented MBTI, so if it doesn't agree with her, it may be valid, but it simply isn't MBTI---it's something else.

If you don't rely on stereotypes, and don't put much stock in what people say about MBTI---you will not be so confused.

Read the literature for yourself, and you will have a clearer understanding of your type.

In my opinion, the best sources are "Gifts Differing" by Isabel Briggs Meyers, "Personality Type: An Owner's Manual" by Lenore Thompson, and the very simple and accessible "What Type Am I?" by Renee Baron.

In fact, I think I'm going to make this a thread topic.