User Tag List

MBTI
    eNTP

Default So there's this really attractive guy.

Charming, popular, daydreaming, flirtatious, flighty, horny, stoned, hippie musician.

I think all that N stuff could just be a charade, though: maybe he's just a sex addict with a lot of friends who wants to be (and thinks he's going to be) the next John Lennon, and so blogs about how insignificant life is and posts song lyrics and other symbolic quotes all over his profile.

Do ESFPs ever act as abstract as this? Or maybe I'm wrong and he really is ENFP?
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well it's hard to type someone who we have no information about.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

He seems like an intoxicated SP that wants to be deep, and he'll probably mistype as N.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    Charming, popular, daydreaming, flirtatious, flighty, horny, stoned, hippie musician.

I think all that N stuff could just be a charade, though: maybe he's just a sex addict with a lot of friends who wants to be (and thinks he's going to be) the next John Lennon, and so blogs about how insignificant life is and posts song lyrics and other symbolic quotes all over his profile.

Do ESFPs ever act as abstract as this? Or maybe I'm wrong and he really is ENFP?
    I don't really do symbolism. I went to a Dali exhibition last week, and my thought was: he is probably the most skilled artist I've seen, but not much grabs you and kills you, it's all symbolism, perspective, strangeness or shock value. Don't know about other ENFPs, but to me symbolism is a pretty whatever thing. I still appreciated the art for the skill, detail, humour and colours though.

He sounds more ESFP. Probably need more info to say for sure that he isn't ENFP though. Comparing him to yourself would be a good test as an ENTP. We share the same dominant function, so an ENFP will seem similar to you with more people focus and idealism in his decisions.

Also, comparing with some ENFP blogs in the NF Blogs section might help you decide.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    eNTP

Oo, great points, thanks guys!
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.