User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ESFP or ESTP?

MBTI
    INFP

Default ESFP or ESTP?

Is this guy an ESFP or an ESTP? I don't know enough about these types to figure it out yet. Hopefully this is enough info:

-Very extroverted. Likes to be with people.

-Very talented with his hands and building things. Doesn't enjoy long conversations about abstract concepts.

-Normally early rather than late, but I think this has to do with upbringing. Horrible procrastinator. Plans everything at the last minute, even big things.

-Very flirtatious and dated lots of girls in early high school. Had only long term relationships after his junior year.

-Excellent soccer player. Very athletic, but also enjoyed the aspect of "getting into people's heads." Joined the varsity team early, and planned to escape hazing by hiding a padlock in his hand and cracking people on the head with it if they jumped him, since they wouldn't be able to tattle on him. It worked.

-Can easily pass classes but doesn't enjoy book learning.

-Loves action. Especially enjoyed doing dangerous things when he was younger, but still enjoys adrenaline rushes and risks now.

-Doesn't really care that much about rules.

-Takes people on in public if they're obnoxious or mean. In college, to deal with a chronically late (and mean) teacher, he packed up his books in the middle of class. When she asked where he was going, he said he'd kept track of how many minutes she had wasted by showing up late all semester, and she owed him [exact number] of minutes.

-Very direct and a bit argumentative or intimidating if pushed. Especially when proving his point in a business meeting.

-Very caring as a boss. Feels for his employees who are in difficult situations, and does his best to be fair and do things that are helpful to the employees.

-Huge joker. Picks on/teases people as a main form of humor. Intentionally trips on stairs or wears embarrassing things to make people laugh. Lots of physical antics. Fueled by getting a laugh. Great storyteller. Charms people. Annoys rigid people.

-Loves kids, especially goofing off with kids and making them laugh.

-Life of the party, in high school, college and now. Never got drunk in high school because he didn't like the idea of being out of control, but everybody still wanted him at their parties because he made things fun and got stuff going.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive. [*EDIT* By "never got punished" I mean he got sent to the principal's office, but never got an actual detention or other punishment.]

-Very emotionally stable and not moody. Usually upbeat.

-Likes and wants nice/expensive material things.
    Last edited by Wiley45; 07-26-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Textbook example of my type.

Where's this dude at? We need to hang.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    -Normally early rather than late, but I think this has to do with upbringing. Horrible procrastinator. Plans everything at the last minute, even big things.
    That's me!

-Excellent soccer player. Very athletic, but also enjoyed the aspect of "getting into people's heads." Joined the varsity team early, and planned to escape hazing by hiding a padlock in his hand and cracking people on the head with it if they jumped him, since they wouldn't be able to tattle on him. It worked.
    Nice.

Damn, is this guy me?

-Huge joker. Picks on/teases people as a main form of humor. Intentionally trips on stairs or wears embarrassing things to make people laugh. Lots of physical antics. Fueled by getting a laugh. Great storyteller. Charms people. Annoys rigid people.
    I can really relate to that. I like looking outrageous to get peoples' attention and doing stupid things to make them laugh.

Yes!

-Life of the party, in high school, college and now. Never got drunk in high school because he didn't like the idea of being out of control, but everybody still wanted him at their parties because he made things fun and got stuff going.
    I wouldn't get drunk either if I couldn't stay in control of myself, but I can.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive.
    haha, <33

Same here.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

If I had a twin separated at birth, this would be him.

Maybe Stellar Renegade, me, and this fellow were identiacal MBTI triplets and all shot out to different families. This dude is ESTP.

MBTI
    ESTP

Most def. Let's go on a hunting party and find him, and then we can tour the world stirring up chaos everywhere we go!
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sounds very ESTP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP

It's my SO!

He's completely crazy. But I love him.

I have been thinking he was ESFP all this time. Weird.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ESTP

I bet you guys have fun, though. I tend to get along pretty well with INFPs.

Good luck on your relationship.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Is this guy an ESFP or an ESTP? I don't know enough about these types to figure it out yet. Hopefully this is enough info:

-Very extroverted. Likes to be with people.

-Very talented with his hands and building things. Doesn't enjoy long conversations about abstract concepts.

-Very flirtatious and dated lots of girls in early high school. Had only long term relationships after his junior year.

-Loves action. Especially enjoyed doing dangerous things when he was younger, but still enjoys adrenaline rushes and risks now.

-Doesn't really care that much about rules.

-Takes people on in public if they're obnoxious or mean. In college, to deal with a chronically late (and mean) teacher, he packed up his books in the middle of class. When she asked where he was going, he said he'd kept track of how many minutes she had wasted by showing up late all semester, and she owed him [exact number] of minutes.

-Very direct and a bit argumentative or intimidating if pushed. Especially when proving his point in a business meeting.

-Very caring as a boss. Feels for his employees who are in difficult situations, and does his best to be fair and do things that are helpful to the employees.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive.

Many of these things can relate to both but due to the bolded I'm definitely thinking estp. The only thing that pointed to esfp was the animals and kids thing- and that he's a caring boss.

The material things.. well that could be both too but (personal experience) I have noticed esfp not caring as much about material things as long as they have their friends and their parties and such. ESTP's are known for their expensive tastes and flaunting their stuff ...
    estp's being more competitive and athletic, stp's always being known for fixing things, estp's known for being the "salespeople" (i'm thinking about the very persuasive part..) Well an esfp may be able to smile and "cute" their way out of things, I think that estp's are a bit more skilled at this and can actually TALK their way out of things. The enjoying danger thing is more stp I think.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I bet you guys have fun, though. I tend to get along pretty well with INFPs.

Good luck on your relationship.
    True that.

I've found it nice to have "P" in common with any type, "J" can sometimes be a little testy to deal with.

Differences in "N" Vs. "S" have never been a big deal for me either.

"E" Vs. "I" differences can be no problem at all, especially when you have "P" in common.

I'll bet you two get along just fine.

Remember, all MBTI aside, it's your core values, outlook on life, and fondness for each other that matter above all things.