User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default [insert confused yet eye-catching title here]

Everyone else has one of these, I might as well get one as well. Plus, I think I need an outside perspective on this, as I'm clearly getting nowhere by myself.

Anyway, here痴 some crap about me to go on:

- I can handle myself fine in social situations (so long as the people interest me), but too much external stimuli tends to make me irritable, distracted, and I can稚 seem to think properly after that point.
    - The average extravert will overpower me, whereas I overpower the average introvert.
    - When I need to work something out, I generally like to make lists, such as I知 doing now. Seeing everything in its discrete parts tends to help me organize my thoughts.
    - I like knowing what I知 going to do before I do it, and as such I tend to like to plan everything far out in advance. For instance, when I was in the ninth grade and I thought I wanted to go into medicine, I already knew which hospital I wanted to do my residency at.
    - I really dislike doing things that I知 uninterested in doing, and while I値l do it if I知 forced to, I tend to ignore it when I can. This includes not studying for courses that I知 uninterested in, even at the cost of my grades. For subjects I am interested in, I can generally determine how long it値l take me to get a certain grade, and I tend not to put in much effort above that. I get the 層asted potential comment a lot.
    - My routines tend to have a certain fluidity to them. Basically, I like to organize my routine by the way one thing will logically flow into another.
    - As much as I like things to be in order, I知 horribly disorganized. And yet I can稚 work in an area that is disorganized. I haven稚 really found an appropriate cure.
    - I知 very gesticulate. Very. I gave a speech in English once that is apparently still used as an example for what not to do during speeches. Also, when I can稚 remember a word for whatever reason, my instinct is to try and mime it until someone else figures it out for me.
    - I dislike conflict that痴 actually conflict. Debating is fun and entertaining, but I don稚 like when things are actually an argument. I don稚 like seeing people in pain, and while I don稚 go out of my way to help people necessarily, I do feel the need to help people. Of course, it痴 not really taken as help, as I like to help the situation rather than the emotional state.
    - When I was younger, I used to use the phrase 鍍echnically speaking all of the time, because I tended to have issues with people not defining things correctly.
    - Er, I also evidently have problems with being concise.

That痴 all I can really think of at the moment. There痴 only two things I知 positive of: Firstly, I知 not an Se-dom or Se-aux. My two younger siblings as well as a former best friend of mine are all Se-doms and I know what it looks like in terms of behaviour, and I definitely do not relate. Secondly, I think it痴 clear that I知 a thinker of some sorts rather than a feeler. One of my main arguments for being ENTP or INTJ is that while I am a thinker, I知 not a complete feel-o-tard. Basically, I don稚 think I知 T enough to be a T-dom.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

your resident asshole

My guess is INTJ, but let's see what everyone else says.

*sits back in lawnchair*

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

You sound like you have a lot of j tendencies as far as planning goes
    (and even if, say, your room is a total wreck you could still be j). I'm curious about what reasons you might have for typing yourself as entp, for the sake of comparison.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You sound like you have a lot of j tendencies as far as planning goes
    (and even if, say, your room is a total wreck you could still be j). I'm curious about what reasons you might have for typing yourself as entp, for the sake of comparison.
    My tendency to debate anything that doesn't make sense to me was what first turned me in the ENTP direction. I'm also particularly aware of patterns, and logical consistency, which both seemed more Ti to me. I'm good with critiquing, analysis, and tearing ideas apart to see what's at their core, and then determining whether or not they make any sense. I think my problem is that I don't fully understand where Ni ends and Ne begins, because while I thought I was INTJ, I recognized that I also had high Ti, and the opposite occurred while I thought I was ENTP.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    My tendency to debate anything that doesn't make sense to me was what first turned me in the ENTP direction. I'm also particularly aware of patterns, and logical consistency, which both seemed more Ti to me. I'm good with critiquing, analysis, and tearing ideas apart to see what's at their core, and then determining whether or not they make any sense. I think my problem is that I don't fully understand where Ni ends and Ne begins, because while I thought I was INTJ, I recognized that I also had high Ti, and the opposite occurred while I thought I was ENTP.
    Debate (very Te), patterns, and logical consistency are very intj, although I could see how you could see these as Ti. I think Ni is more a spontaneous generation of ideas or an extrapolation of outside information which has been processed and internalized, whereas Ne seems to pull together random external elements and turn them into something. I see Ti more as looking at things from the inside out, a close up examination of the parts that make up a thing, whereas Te seeks to categorize information and apply it. Te subject to Ni means implementation of predicted patterns. Maybe there is someone who can put that into a more concrete example or explanation?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Basically, are you obsessed with efficiency(INTJ) or quite possibly clinically insane(ENTP)?

That is partly a joke, I love ENTPs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Everyone else has one of these, I might as well get one as well. Plus, I think I need an outside perspective on this, as I'm clearly getting nowhere by myself.

Anyway, here痴 some crap about me to go on:

- I can handle myself fine in social situations (so long as the people interest me), but too much external stimuli tends to make me irritable, distracted, and I can稚 seem to think properly after that point.
    - The average extravert will overpower me, whereas I overpower the average introvert.
    - When I need to work something out, I generally like to make lists, such as I知 doing now. Seeing everything in its discrete parts tends to help me organize my thoughts.
    - I like knowing what I知 going to do before I do it, and as such I tend to like to plan everything far out in advance. For instance, when I was in the ninth grade and I thought I wanted to go into medicine, I already knew which hospital I wanted to do my residency at.
    - I really dislike doing things that I知 uninterested in doing, and while I値l do it if I知 forced to, I tend to ignore it when I can. This includes not studying for courses that I知 uninterested in, even at the cost of my grades. For subjects I am interested in, I can generally determine how long it値l take me to get a certain grade, and I tend not to put in much effort above that. I get the 層asted potential comment a lot.
    - My routines tend to have a certain fluidity to them. Basically, I like to organize my routine by the way one thing will logically flow into another.
    - As much as I like things to be in order, I知 horribly disorganized. And yet I can稚 work in an area that is disorganized. I haven稚 really found an appropriate cure.
    - I知 very gesticulate. Very. I gave a speech in English once that is apparently still used as an example for what not to do during speeches. Also, when I can稚 remember a word for whatever reason, my instinct is to try and mime it until someone else figures it out for me.
    - I dislike conflict that痴 actually conflict. Debating is fun and entertaining, but I don稚 like when things are actually an argument. I don稚 like seeing people in pain, and while I don稚 go out of my way to help people necessarily, I do feel the need to help people. Of course, it痴 not really taken as help, as I like to help the situation rather than the emotional state.
    - When I was younger, I used to use the phrase 鍍echnically speaking all of the time, because I tended to have issues with people not defining things correctly.
    - Er, I also evidently have problems with being concise.

That痴 all I can really think of at the moment. There痴 only two things I知 positive of: Firstly, I知 not an Se-dom or Se-aux. My two younger siblings as well as a former best friend of mine are all Se-doms and I know what it looks like in terms of behaviour, and I definitely do not relate. Secondly, I think it痴 clear that I知 a thinker of some sorts rather than a feeler. One of my main arguments for being ENTP or INTJ is that while I am a thinker, I知 not a complete feel-o-tard. Basically, I don稚 think I知 T enough to be a T-dom.
    Yes, this is exactly how Ps operate (the NT kind at least), some Ps are less organized, but what matters is the reason behind the organization. Your Ti needs a logical system to work with, so it organizes one, but naturally, you fall back into disorganization (or something like that). Pretty certain you're a TP, and given that you are certain that you're not an S, that would imply NTP. From what's been stated on this board and elsewhere, ENTPs aren't terribly extroverted, they are the "least extroverted of the extroverts", which would explain why you think you are half way inbetween. But INTPs can often appear to be quite much the same way, so that really doesn't help you. You also say that you're not a feel-o-tard, I'm quite much the same. You need to also consider the Si, I figured out a while ago that my Si is retarded . My sense of smell, taste, etc. are just useless. I'm not 100% sure, but INTPs would be at least able to revert to the Si and use it, rather than be disadvantaged by it. *needs INTP support*
    5 3 9

your resident asshole

@ King-Of-Despair -- What?? I thought it was the opposite. :/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    @ King-Of-Despair -- What?? I thought it was the opposite. :/
    My brother does this, and he is ISTP. I do this (not quite as often however) and I am ENTP. Te isn't the only function that organizes things. My Te is terrifying when it comes out, and loves chaos, makes me looks like a bored/drunk Se type. But when it comes to important things, a P will organize everything in their own kind of way. My dad, ESTP, keeps his shed organized, finds all of the tools around the house and puts them where he can find them.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Hm, I don't know. INTJs are pretty sensory-retarded. Seriously I was apparently sitting on a bottle of glue (which was laying horizontally) today and didn't realize it (I was heavily immersed in drawing) until I got up and had glue running down my backside.

Although I am not very familiar with Aerithria and I probably suffer from confirmation bias or whatever it is.