• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[insert confused yet eye-catching title here]

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
We're still on topic (as far as I can tell). Messy Js, I've seen one or two, they are usually NFs I think. Most Js are simply in control more, as they don't like to just let go. Even when they let go, they do it on their own terms. Percievers aren't quite as control focused, when they loose it, it doesn't bother them so much, they adapt. The stereotype is that Js are less fun, the thing is, they are just as fun, they just need to do it on their own terms.

Most messy J's I've seen are my family members and most of them are sensors. :tongue:

Interesting... I've never thought of it that way.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's interesting that you can't pick out P/J Aetheria. It might mean that you are an INTP. Do you find it easier to brainstorm heaps of ideas, or to formulate one optimal idea?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sorry, I was away for the weekend.

Sometimes it seems like people might just be basing their guesses on what you've always been. There's really not much point in saying anything unless you give a good reason for it... unless you believe that the poster may just be lacking some kind of confidence in their ability to type themselves or something, sometimes it's easier to trust the outside opinion over your own, but that method seems to really leave you empty when you desire the truth. I have a suspicion that most people making these typing threads might be enneagram 6s... but you are clearly not a 6.
Yeah, well that's a danger with these threads. It's not that I lack confidence, it's that I lack perspective. There's no way to be completely objective while typing myself, and most behavioural descriptions of types tend to be stereotypic anyway, so I figured an outside perspective might help me see what I've been missing.

It's interesting that you can't pick out P/J Aerithria. It might mean that you are an INTP. Do you find it easier to brainstorm heaps of ideas, or to formulate one optimal idea?
I'm actually quite bad with brainstorming. I can usually come up with one or two ideas, and in group situations my ideas tend to be chosen more than not (because for some odd reason, after coming up with an idea I also somehow seem to know why it's the best, what impact it'll make, and what we need to do to bring it into fruition), but I've never been the idea generator. People still come to me for ideas, though, because I seem to be able to find the one thing they've been missing all along.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm guessing NTJ too. Probably INTJ. As long as you're sure you aren't F, because then I have to think about it more.

What was the reason for not being an STP also? Are you poor technically, or do you theorise a lot? It's just ISTP and INTJ can appear very similar sometimes, and the last paragraph had me leaning toward ISTP.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm guessing NTJ too. Probably INTJ. As long as you're sure you aren't F, because then I have to think about it more.

What was the reason for not being an STP also? Are you poor technically, or do you theorise a lot? It's just ISTP and INTJ can appear very similar sometimes, and the last paragraph had me leaning toward ISTP.
Interesting - what indicated ISTP to you?

For me, Se just isn't a function that I can identify with. My younger sister's an ESFP, my younger brother's an ISTP, and my closest childhood friend was an ESTP. I know the function well, and I always have to be coaxed into using it. I can't just do things, and I have a lot of trouble just enjoying the present moment. I always experience some level of detachment from what I'm doing. Also, I'm terrible at observation. Utterly terrible. I'm always in the situation where I'll suddenly notice something in a place I frequent, and then later on find out it had always been there. And more often than not, I'll ignore my physical needs for intellectual pursuits, which has lead to things such as severe sleep deprivation in the past.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just re-read this thread, and there were about three clear signs of introversion. You also don't appear to be an Ne judging by the way you recalled information about that test or whatever, rather than connections. Did this thread help at all?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can relate to you on enough levels that you seem to be a definite INTx, though I'm not sure if you're an unusually poised INTP, or a very pedantic INTJ. You don't quite have the "goofy" vibe I associate with ENTPs.

For what it's worth, I'm actually a messy J most of the time, too. I can also have trouble focusing on subjects that don't interest me (which is one reason I'm having trouble finding a job... it's tedious, boring, unpredictable, no measurable progress, no immediate need or ability to control the outcome, etc). My motivation to clean things up comes from situations where other people might see my mess, which I usually don't allow.

What functions do you relate most to, regardless of what type you think they should be associated with?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Interesting - what indicated ISTP to you?

It reminded me of my ISTP sister a little. Though as I said INTJ and ISTP can appear similar, so maybe it's a case for being INTJ.

For me, Se just isn't a function that I can identify with. My younger sister's an ESFP, my younger brother's an ISTP, and my closest childhood friend was an ESTP. I know the function well, and I always have to be coaxed into using it. I can't just do things, and I have a lot of trouble just enjoying the present moment. I always experience some level of detachment from what I'm doing. Also, I'm terrible at observation. Utterly terrible. I'm always in the situation where I'll suddenly notice something in a place I frequent, and then later on find out it had always been there. And more often than not, I'll ignore my physical needs for intellectual pursuits, which has lead to things such as severe sleep deprivation in the past.

Yeh, you sound like an N, and probably not an Ne; we tend to notice more of the surroundings than the Se types, just less about specific parameters like colour, etc.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I just re-read this thread, and there were about three clear signs of introversion. You also don't appear to be an Ne judging by the way you recalled information about that test or whatever, rather than connections. Did this thread help at all?
It did, surprisingly. It cleared up a few misconceptions, which appeared to work quite well.

I can relate to you on enough levels that you seem to be a definite INTx, though I'm not sure if you're an unusually poised INTP, or a very pedantic INTJ. You don't quite have the "goofy" vibe I associate with ENTPs.
Heh, yeah, not nearly as goofy. I can be, to the people who know me really well, but mostly I'm just sarcastic.

For what it's worth, I'm actually a messy J most of the time, too. I can also have trouble focusing on subjects that don't interest me (which is one reason I'm having trouble finding a job... it's tedious, boring, unpredictable, no measurable progress, no immediate need or ability to control the outcome, etc). My motivation to clean things up comes from situations where other people might see my mess, which I usually don't allow.
Yeah, this is exactly how I experience it.

What functions do you relate most to, regardless of what type you think they should be associated with?
Functions I relate to? Hm... You know, I'm actually going to have to go with Te on this one. I guess I never noticed how much I use it, considering my apparent disorganization, but any time I need to get something done, I tend to turn to it and use it quite easily. I guess I'm just used to the Te = evil stereotype that I discounted my own use to it.

I'm starting to see where I use Ni, so I'm beginning to identify with it as well. I've been reading multiple descriptions of it, and it seems to be something I just use without thinking. The only issues I have with it is that I was always taught that inexplicable "Aha!" moments were a bad thing, that the insight gained was worthless until there's justification for it. When I get such an insight, I usually don't trust it, and I'm still surprised when it turns out to be correct.

I also seem to somewhat get Fe. Perhaps it's the sheer number of people in my life that use it often, but I can see its motivations and strengths and can occasionally use it if it seems necessary to. However, it feels like I'm being fake when I use it, and I've been told it looks somewhat fake as well, so perhaps that's an indication that I don't know it as well as I think I do. Hm.

It reminded me of my ISTP sister a little. Though as I said INTJ and ISTP can appear similar, so maybe it's a case for being INTJ.
It's funny, now that you've mentioned it, my ISTP brother and I do seem to act similar in some respects. There's definite differences, but yeah. Interesting.

Yeh, you sound like an N, and probably not an Ne; we tend to notice more of the surroundings than the Se types, just less about specific parameters like colour, etc.
Heh, yeah, I'm oblivious.