12311 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

Ever since I've gotten into typology this has been bugging me. I can relate very well to INTJs, and I've been called INTJ by several people. Others call me INFP. I finally got fed up with it enough to make a thread.

Reasoning behind INTJ-

-I do feel very deeply, but other people's emotional outbursts bother me. I can only really deal with or care about someone's emotions when I care about them to some extent or when I also care about what they are being emotional about. When I don't care I can come off as cold and uncaring. I have "helper" modes where I will get in a mood where I feel like helping someone, and I'll do it, whether it be with emotions or whatever.

-Incompetence really does anger me, in people and in objects.

-I was thinking that my development might have been screwed up. As a kid I went through a 4 and a half (approx) year period and stress and depression dealing with family issues and social issues, and perhaps I have been going through tertiary temptation (NiFi loop). My Te has been coming around in the past few months, overwhelmingly so, every day my Te is getting stronger. I think that this is because I've been more relaxed and in much better moods. I've noticed big differences in my Te and in my T side and scores in general over the past few months (when I've been truly at ease mentally and without stress or depression).

-I really can't relate to any of the issues that INFPs have that I've observed on this board, and I can't really relate to the profiles all that well.

-I've introspected and I'm pretty sure I use a good amount of Ni for understanding things. I've been thinking about this for a couple of months. What I've thought was an "Fi understanding" of things may very well be an "Ni understanding" of things.

I may have related to the inferior Te of the INFP because mine may have been suppressed, but nowadays I don't really see it as some sort of inferior for me.

Things that go against INTJ for me-

-I have a lot of empathy. I can focus on one person and know what they're feeling and know their mood. I work very well with emotions.

-I am in general interested in people and in helping them. I love to help people solve their problems and issues in their lives. I want to be a counselor or a mediator for a career. I love to get to know new people and to talk to them, to get their perspective on things and to give mine.

Opinions? I'll put down more stuff as I think of it...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INCG.

The CG stands for "cool guy."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I think infj/intj is a better fit for you.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

I could see you as an INTJ with a background that has softened you up, but didn't you say somewhere that you are attracted to TJs, including a masochistic attraction to ESTJs? That would be my biggest strike against INTJ.

As for strikes against INFP, I don't see any evidence that you use Ne...?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Very mature and emotionally-in-touch INTJ. I already told you my opinion, though.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmm, I dunno, BlackCat! Talking with you, I feel like we share many functions, but at the same time if you are INFP, you have developed some inferiors very highly that most INFPs haven't. Especially your Te. I think maybe you just honed your inferiors, and learned to rely less on your dominants, assuming you are INFP.

However this is all something that only you can really determine.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you feel like intj, then go for it. Make it quick tho before the nazis start to patent the mbti and start to make clear rules about it.

In my heart you will stay infp forever
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you feel like intj, then go for it. Make it quick tho before the nazis start to patent the mbti and start to make clear rules about it.

In my heart you will stay infp forever
    Entropie, in my heart you will still be the little blue eyed brown haired boy I once knew oh so many years ago.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Cat avatar.

Really I doubt that any INTJ male would be able to mistake himself for an INFP. A balanced INTJ might look a bit like a balanced INFP eventually, but he'd be aware of a long and painful road which had led him against his natural inclinations to that point.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I could see you as an INTJ with a background that has softened you up, but didn't you say somewhere that you are attracted to TJs, including a masochistic attraction to ESTJs? That would be my biggest strike against INTJ.
    This is another thing that's odd, I'm not really attracted to feelers as much as I am thinkers romantically. As for the ESTJ attraction usually it's on the surface and I think it's just that Te attraction. Even with well rounded ESTJs we have issues with communication and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    As for strikes against INFP, I don't see any evidence that you use Ne...?
    Hmm, I dunno.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)