• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote INFP. Never doubted it. You remind me a lot of my INFP father -- a bit dark for an INFP, not as complacent, and good use of Ni. You also share the same Enneatype that seems to produce a calm personality on the surface, but with nearly palpable energy beneath. His results are N>I>F>P. He is also deeply bothered by emotional outbursts, he say it disturbs his inner peace like heart said. I wonder if other INFPs can relate to that as well.

It also seems the INTJs I know who've been subjected to great stress while younger (all of them, actually), buried their Fi, not developed it. Their Fi is locked in a padlocked chest at the bottom of the Dead Sea.

Yeah I don't really know what to say to this. Seems pretty accurate... INTJ males in general seem to bury their Fi in general. That's cool that I'm a lot like your dad.

So maybe I'm just very well developed? And INTJ is out of the question... I think I just had my doubts based on Ni.

have you considered isfp?

i get the sense of Fi dom from you. and Fi Se Ni makes pretty good sense for you, no? your writing is very very concrete. you focus on real world examples from your life.

i don't see Fe. i definitely don't see dom Ni. so i don't think inj makes a whole lot of sense. do you identify with Si at all?

and what were you like as a kid, does the ifp description fit you best or perhaps itj or another? as far as enneagram goes, i think the 9w8 enneagram makes the most sense for isfp too, i think.

I have also been considering ISFP. That is also unclear though... I've spoken to a few people about ISFP and I think that they may be idealizing me to be an N if I am one. I don't really know what to say about ISFP though. I mean, I'm good with Se I know this, but I can't relate to the SP temperament in general. I do hate to be bored (which is why I'm on the net or just doing something a lot), but that's about all I can think of dealing with SPs.

I do prefer to take things on a face value, but I usually end up expanding on them in my head. I really dislike jumping to conclusions about things. I also enjoy theory, but when it doesn't really have to do with my interests or a friend's interests or if it's not really applicable then I don't really care about it. When I tell people this though the conclusion they have made is that I'm borderline S/N. I know that my Se and Ni are good, but my Ne is strong too (according to tests) although I don't really see myself using it that much.

Maybe what I'm perceiving as Ne is actually Ni, since the ideas that I get and associations all have to do with what I'm associating something with. Like, green->St. Patricks' day for example. I don't just think of really random crap. And if I understand it Ni is like a web of intuition.

How would this explain my really enjoying ENTJs and INTJs, and not really understanding ESTJs? If I'm an S.

I meant to type ENFJ instead of ENFP. The last part of your OP really sounds like a mix of Fe/Ni or Ni/Fe. The "knowing" what someone else is feeling and the strong outward concern for others.

My Fe is really bad. I can't relate to ENFJs at all. If I'm INFP then I can't relate to them at all even though we're both NF.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I like you no matter what the letters BlackCat. ;)

How do you relate to my posts in general? Do they resonate with you?

heart

heart on fire
Here's a question. What are you like when you are very tired? In other words, what is your autopilot function? If I have to extrovert when I am very tired, I am very vague and scattered. It irritates the hell out of people. It's Ne gone really wrong! In my own head, I go into Fi-Si loops of anxiety, worries about things I've said or done in the past and blowing everything out of proportion.

What irritates others about you when you extrovert when tired? What goes on in your own head? What function is just simply not available.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like you no matter what the letters BlackCat. ;)

How do you relate to my posts in general? Do they resonate with you?

There is always something off with the INFP posts. In a way I can relate to them, but in other ways they see things quite differently from me and tackle things from a seemingly different point of view. The viewpoints you have are pretty different from mine, like how you see the issues of others and how you approach them. Same with a few other INFPs that I'm good friends with on here like Udog. I always figured that this was the enneagram difference... hmm. What do you think?

Here's a question. What are you like when you are very tired? In other words, what is your autopilot function?

I would say Fi. INTJ was kinda silly to consider, like I said it was probably just seeing my Te get better and being able to relate to Ni that made me have these suspicions.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah!

Black Cat can be whatever type he wants and we will all still love him!

(And yes, even if you were an ESTJ.)

heart

heart on fire
There is always something off with the INFP posts. In a way I can relate to them, but in other ways they see things quite differently from me and tackle things from a seemingly different point of view. The viewpoints you have are pretty different from mine, like how you see the issues of others and how you approach them. Same with a few other INFPs that I'm good friends with on here like Udog. I always figured that this was the enneagram difference... hmm. What do you think?

I'd be curious to hear an example or two but totally understand if you'd rather not.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be curious to hear an example or two but totally understand if you'd rather not.

I could dig for some threads, but it's mostly Udog that I notice in how I'm different with my approach to things. But I've discussed this with him in depth, and we agree that it's because I'm a 9w8. Most INFPs are 4's or 9w1, and I can't relate to the 4's at all and the 9w1s I can somewhat but there is something different (the 1 and 8 differences).

heart

heart on fire
^ I test five wing four but then people tell me INFP can't be a five, so whatever...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I test five wing four but then people tell me INFP can't be a five, so whatever...

INFPs can be 5's. Those people have no idea what they are talking about who tell you this. Any enneatype can be any MBTI type, although some cases are unlikely or probably don't exist yet. You seem 5 to me, and I've seen other INFP 5's.

Getting back on topic... :tongue:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Black Cat-

Who cares what functions say. I can't see you as an S. You're way too dynamic and have the depth and intellect of an N. Sure functions can prove that ISFPs have secondary Ni or whatever, but you still are an N.

heart

heart on fire
Sorry, just trying to give example of INFP with Ennegram different than 4.

What types were your parents? A parent with strong Ni?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, just trying to give example of INFP with Ennegram different than 4.

What types were your parents? A parent with strong Ni?

It's alright. :)

ENFJ mother (unhealthy), INTP dad (healthy). My dad was a big influence on me. I was also influenced by an ESTJ step mother from 12 and up.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Black Cat-

Who cares what functions say. I can't see you as an S. You're way too dynamic and have the depth and intellect of an N. Sure functions can prove that ISFPs have secondary Ni or whatever, but you still are an N.

Depth (and often intellect) is an Introverted trait. We can be sure that Black Cat is IXXX at the very least :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depth (and often intellect) is an Introverted trait. We can be sure that Black Cat is IXXX at the very least :D

Lol... eh idk. I consider myself an intellectual. IQ of 145 and all (for those that think that IQ is applicable).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Since when is depth an introverted trait? I'd think it was an N trait. You can have a shallow ISTJ, I know plenty of them.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
The viewpoints you have are pretty different from mine, like how you see the issues of others and how you approach them. Same with a few other INFPs that I'm good friends with on here like Udog. I always figured that this was the enneagram difference... hmm. What do you think?

You have a crispness, an edge I think that wouldn't necessarily be accounted for by enneagram. I haven't read every post you've made, but a couple that come to mind about not getting how your mom feels re certain issues struck me as a bit surprising for a self-professed NF. That being said, I do still see you as an F, perhaps SFP, not an NT and not a J, although that one might be close (P / J balance).

Just a few thoughts, I do hope this is helpful. :)

In the final analysis, the letters aren't really the be-all and end-all to relating to others anyway. You know I have personally wondered from time to time on my I vs E, so I appreciate the frustration of feeling that the "clothes" don't quite fit right, but don't worry too much about it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
How would this explain my really enjoying ENTJs and INTJs, and not really understanding ESTJs? If I'm an S.

If you are ISFP, then you would share the same cognitive processes as ENTJs and INTJs.

ESTJs would be your opposite (in one sense).

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Black Cat-

WOW - I know plenty of brilliant S's so you should be careful making statements like that!