• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

wolfy

awsm
People hate change. What you do is change your type to something absolutely ridiculous for a week. After the bs has died down you move back to your original intention in the middle ground.

Works in many situations...
Can I have 200 dollars? ...no
Can I have 10 bucks? ...ok then

I was reading about Ni the other day at that lenore site. They were talking about how Ne thinks outside the box and Ni thinks about the box. I can see that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People hate change. What you do is change your type to something absolutely ridiculous for a week. After the bs has died down you move back to your original intention in the middle ground.

Works in many situations...
Can I have 200 dollars? ...no
Can I have 10 bucks? ...ok then

I was reading about Ni the other day at that lenore site. They were talking about how Ne thinks outside the box and Ni thinks about the box. I can see that.

I'll consider it. :)

And as for Ni, yes, thank you for acknowledging that. It's cool that you see that in me, I think back and I don't think that I actually thought outside of the box really. I was just thinking about the box. That's a great way to put it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Listen, I'll become an ESTJ ok and that will take the heat off you.

Ya, I can be a J - the shadow has arrived!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Victor has admitted on here that someone from the board "assigned" him INFP and so that's why he put it into his profile. He also says repeatedily that he doesn't think MBTI is valid at all. So he's probably not the best example of how to type someone else as INFP. :D
I didn't say I used him as an example of INFP to type someone else. It's just that they were both wearing the type, both basically had "cat" themes in their profile, and both communicate in a similar fashion, so in retrospect, I would get them confused with one another.

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
After reading through this whole thread the evidence seems to be in favor of ISFP.

Why? Well for one, like my friend (who we have discussed in the thread I created) you are good at playing with theories and seem to enjoy them, but as you have pointed out, are somewhat selective about them. Your I and P are very firm in my mind and you may have developed your iNtuitive functions from the influence of others in your life.

This is also very useful: Fi>Se>Ne>Ni>Te>Si>Ti>Fe

I agree that your first five functions look a bit like INFP or a shuffled around INTJ, but the reason I would definitely agree with ISFP is because it fits your apparent personality and preferences the closest.

ISFP is Fi Se Ni Te. The only thing out of place is Ne, which is right in the middle of those four, and as you have suggested, it may be a result of your friendships with Ne types who may have particularly influenced you in your times of stress. It doesn't seem like much of a stretch at all, so I would back you on your relatively new ISFP clothes.

Also, you mentioned wanting a good ISFP profile?

Is this out of the question?

Also, where can I take the test which ranks your cognitive processes?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*insert post*

Thank you for your well thought out post. :) The ISFP profile that I've found to be accurate is this one- I had totally forgotten about this website until I swapped. It describes more of the mentality of the type rather than an on the surface view. ISFP This is pretty much one of the only profiles I can relate to period (out of all types). Most INFP profiles have been pretty iffy for me. That one that you linked me isn't good. :tongue:

Also DisneyGeek linked the processes test.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, the "Best Fit Type" one is probably my favorite too. One thing I did notice about those descriptions is that I could relate to a lot in several of them, though, so part of it may be that it's worded more vaguely than some descriptions are.

So, basically, I think it's a dead-on example of something I relate to a lot, but maybe not the best way for someone who hasn't done a lot of examination (such as you or I have) to go about finding their type in the first place.

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Thanks for the link DisneyGeek. Looks like the right thing to me.

ISFP This is pretty much one of the only profiles I can relate to period (out of all types). Most INFP profiles have been pretty iffy for me. That one that you linked me isn't good. :tongue:

Yeah I read the profile after linking it and I realized it didn't quite describe my impression of the few ISFPs I know (or my limited impression of you). Although typelogic has some great profiles and a wonderful layout I do think that the author certainly knows some types more than others (I think he mentioned being an INTP). And your link sounds much more like the ISFPs I have contact with.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah the bestfittype website is good because it comes from INTERVIEWS of the people that fit into those types. I personally like that method a lot because it isn't coming from someone's philosophy or impression of the type, it comes from the real deal.

wolfy

awsm
Berens and Nardi's work is best because they have found a way to mash all the earlier work.
Hey, you know, now that you're ISFP it'll be a hell of a lot easier to write that ISFP description.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Quinian guy on the infj forum is isfp and also uses a lot of comas to separate unrelated statements/thoughts/etc. Just sayin'.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude you're still INFP. You just emphasize Fi a lot more than Ne.

All you need to do is give more time to the auxiliary, not abandon your best type fit all together.

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Yeah the bestfittype website is good because it comes from INTERVIEWS of the people that fit into those types. I personally like that method a lot because it isn't coming from someone's philosophy or impression of the type, it comes from the real deal.

I think that's another reason why you are S. N types (especially NTs) often prefer getting impressions like that indirectly or through theory. Even though I recognize the validity and possible superiority of that method, deep down I like a bare-bones archetype approach which just states what each type is inclined to do/think. Why did/do so many people think you are definitely N?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude you're still INFP. You just emphasize Fi a lot more than Ne.

All you need to do is give more time to the auxiliary, not abandon your best type fit all together.

Reasoning behind this?

Who I am won't change. I'm trying to better define myself and find the reasons behind what I do. Changing a 4 letter code doesn't change me as a human being... honestly. All of the reasoning is in the thread or in my blog. You barely know me, and you're challenging MY perspective on these things.

If I discover ISFP doesn't fit over time then I'll change it. Quite simple. But I think it suits me better and that is why I have it as my type.

Why did/do so many people think you are definitely N?

Well from what I've gathered people liked my perspective on things, I was insightful in certain issues, and that I had my head screwed on correctly. I am also quite a deep person, which people associate with N.

What people DON'T realize is that most of the theory I discuss is either in private to people on here with similar interests and philosophies or it's about typology. My typology theorizing probably made me appear N because I am quite interested in this theory. I like to expand on it, because it's an interest of mine. Simple as that... I need no more explanation to want to expand my understanding and share my perspective on these issues about this theory.

With the people I've gotten more personal with, I've asked them about this. They commented that my introspective conversations and tangents seemed quite Ni and not Ne, and that my humor didn't seem to be Ne based at all. They basically have seen my Ni.

Another thing I've talked about is my Te development. I was highly mistaken about this thing I was falsely recognizing as Te, it was actually my Se coming around because of my getting out of tertiary temptation.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reasoning behind this?

Who I am won't change. I'm trying to better define myself and find the reasons behind what I do. Changing a 4 letter code doesn't change me as a human being... honestly. All of the reasoning is in the thread or in my blog. You barely know me, and you're challenging MY perspective on these things.

If I discover ISFP doesn't fit over time then I'll change it. Quite simple. But I think it suits me better and that is why I have it as my type..75

Might I point out that, while it's clearly quite possible for ISFPs, trying to meta-critique your own reasons for doing things is more of an INFP trait.

In any event, yes obviously. I've read most of the threads you've referred to, though I have not checked out your blog. But I suppose I can't argue with your self-analysis if you truly believe you're ISFP.

Well from what I've gathered people liked my perspective on things, I was insightful in certain issues, and that I had my head screwed on correctly. I am also quite a deep person, which people associate with N.

I think ISFPs have their heads screwed on correctly more often than INFPs, personally. But I guess that's just me.

What people DON'T realize is that most of the theory I discuss is either in private to people on here with similar interests and philosophies or it's about typology. My typology theorizing probably made me appear N because I am quite interested in this theory. I like to expand on it, because it's an interest of mine. Simple as that... I need no more explanation to want to expand my understanding and share my perspective on these issues about this theory.

Yeah, there are ISFPs here, but most are comparatively disinterested in extended introspection and more focused on tangible action in their everyday lives. Obviously as Fi doms it's very important to ISFPs to treat others with respect, but they don't take it to the same level of meta-analysis that INFPs do, in most cases. They're much more impulsive.

With the people I've gotten more personal with, I've asked them about this. They commented that my introspective conversations and tangents seemed quite Ni and not Ne, and that my humor didn't seem to be Ne based at all. They basically have seen my Ni.

No offense to anyone you've talked to because I have no idea who they are, but Ni/Ne is very poorly understood in general. You may or may not have mistaken information (as might I.)

Another thing I've talked about is my Te development. I was highly mistaken about this thing I was falsely recognizing as Te, it was actually my Se coming around because of my getting out of tertiary temptation.

Or it could be tertiary Si. These things are pretty vague.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Might I point out that, while it's clearly quite possible for ISFPs, trying to meta-critique your own reasons for doing things is more of an INFP trait.

In any event, yes obviously. I've read most of the threads you've referred to, though I have not checked out your blog. But I suppose I can't argue with your self-analysis if you truly believe you're ISFP.

One of my issues is that there is something missing with NFPs. I don't really feel similar to them. I can't relate to their problems, and their behavior and how they think and come to conclusions doesn't seem to be like me at all.

Yeah, there are ISFPs here, but most are comparatively disinterested in extended introspection and more focused on tangible action in their everyday lives. Obviously as Fi doms it's very important to ISFPs to treat others with respect, but they don't take it to the same level of meta-analysis that INFPs do, in most cases. They're much more impulsive.

This is one thing I have noticed along with you... that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective. But I am quite introspective myself. I don't really view Se as being "impulsive" per se, but I view it as applying relevant things to the given context, whereas Ne weaves in things from other contexts to the given situation (in a way).

No offense to anyone you've talked to because I have no idea who they are, but Ni/Ne is very poorly understood in general. You may or may not have mistaken information (as might I.)

Or it could be tertiary Si. These things are pretty vague.

One thing to consider is that I have been through tertiary temptation (if I'm correct about this) and that my Se would be weak and just coming around. So who knows what the future holds?

Thanks for the concern too by the way.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my issues is that there is something missing with NFPs. I don't really feel similar to them. I can't relate to their problems, and their behavior and how they think and come to conclusions doesn't seem to be like me at all.

You may not know enough of them to have given them a fair evaluation as a general type yet. It's easy to meet a few people of another type and decide that you aren't like them if they give you bad vibes; INFP is just a very polarized type that tends to be either very awesome or very irritating, imnsho.

This is one thing I have noticed along with you... that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective. But I am quite introspective myself. I don't really view Se as being "impulsive" per se, but I view it as applying relevant things to the given context, whereas Ne weaves in things from other contexts to the given situation (in a way).

No, that is the opposite of what I was saying. INFPs are waaaay more introspective than ISFPs. Yes ISFP is into spending time alone to reflect sometimes, but it's more just to practice something really enjoyable or play some kind of one-person game or hobby. They don't analyze the implications of their moral positions in the depth and with the kind of holistic intensity that INFPs do. To ISFPs, that guy is kind of a dick, and it doesn't go much deeper than that. If he decides not to be a dick later, then ok, we'll go with it. For now we'll just avoid him.

To INFPs, that guy is a bad person. NFPs are more judgmental in their Fi critiques of others than are SFPs, excepting the random outrageously upset SFP who's just spouting nonsense because he's so mad he can't see straight.

One thing to consider is that I have been through tertiary temptation (if I'm correct about this) and that my Se would be weak and just coming around. So who knows what the future holds?

Yeah honestly function theory sort of breaks down after the top one or two.

Thanks for the concern too by the way.

No problem.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You may not know enough of them to have given them a fair evaluation as a general type yet. It's easy to meet a few people of another type and decide that you aren't like them if they give you bad vibes; INFP is just a very polarized type that tends to be either very awesome or very irritating, imnsho.

I've given plenty of advice to INFPs on here and I've talked to a lot of them personally. IRL I've met some INFPs are we are pretty similar, but how they approach things just seems to be different, like how to solve a problem.

This is one thing that gets me about this though, the people that I give advice to seem to like it because I keep it grounded in reality, I don't jump to conclusions or anything like that, and I'm just fundamentally a lot more realistic than almost every INFP I've met. I think it would be a terrible thing to not have this sense of realism and concreteness when dealing with the world, the thought just honestly doesn't occur to me to deal with the world in any other way. I don't read hidden meanings out of things unless they catch my interest, not everything has some deep meaning in my eyes. If things add up in my head that they might have a deeper meaning, then yeah I'll think about what it is. But otherwise no not really. The INFPs I've talked to, when they are spilling their minds on me have all of these hidden meanings attached to things, and I'm thinking "huh, that's an interesting way to look at it". I'm usually thinking of how things fit into the bigger picture, not what things could possibly mean.

If IXFP could exist I'd honestly wear the tag. I feel like I'm one foot in the door for intuitive and one foot out...

No, that is the opposite of what I was saying. INFPs are waaaay more introspective than ISFPs. Yes ISFP is into spending time alone to reflect sometimes, but it's more just to practice something really enjoyable or play some kind of one-person game or hobby. They don't analyze the implications of their moral positions in the depth and with the kind of holistic intensity that INFPs do. To ISFPs, that guy is kind of a dick, and it doesn't go much deeper than that. If he decides not to be a dick later, then ok, we'll go with it. For now we'll just avoid him.

Ahhh crap. Typo!

When I said...

that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective.

I meant that in general it seems a lot of SPs aren't too introspective. Or at least not as much as an NP would be.

But to answer what you're saying in this quote, I am sort of on the fence about it. It depends on how much of an offense it is, how intense my judgment on someone is. Usually it is pretty intense and thought out for me. But keep in mind the people that I bother judging have to get under my skin first, people that are mildly annoying don't really phase me or provoke any thoughts besides "damn they're annoying" etc.

So basically I'm either a very grounded, concrete and realistic INFP or a very intellectual and introspective ISFP. I went by functions and how things have been happening to me and came to ISFP as a conclusion.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree that bestfittype has the best descriptions hands down for that reason -- it's the actual people of the type discussing how they experience their type. If you can relate to the ISFP profile very much, and the INFP one not at all, chances are you really are an ISFP.

So I'm glad you are an ISFP now (not that you weren't before!). It's looking better under your kitty avatar already :D