User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 138

  1. #121
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Hey, you know, now that you're ISFP it'll be a hell of a lot easier to write that ISFP description.
    Yeah, he can just write "DUDE. WE ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE."

    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  2. #122
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Well, I just want to lend a word of support for your self-exploration, Black Cat.

    I think its great that you're willing to go out on a limb like this. Very commendable.

    And furthermore, I really like your theory about tertiary temptation, and Im considering expanding on it myself.

    To be honest, I'm a little afraid of the shitstorm of criticism I might receive, but nevertheless, I'm inspired by your bold moves, my brotha.



  3. #123
    Retired Member Wonkavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    By the way, there are several possibilities with Tertiary Temptation, I think.

    Here's one that just popped into my mind:

    What if you really are an INFP, but somewhere in your development you largely lost faith in your Secondary Ne?

    As far as I can remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you were raised (at least part of the time) by an ENFJ who was pretty irrational ( a member of a cult, no less) and that it caused you a great deal of stress/pain/confusion growing up.

    Maybe you associate Intuitiveness with irrationality, unpredicatability, gullibility, etc. and therefore you mistrust(to some degree) your own Intuitiveness.

    Then, as a result of this loss of faith in Intuition, you have attempted for many years to use your Tertiary Si, with enough success to make you seem different than other INFPs, but not enough to lose your essential INFP nature.

    Furthermore, it seems likely that an irrational, Extraverted Feeling parent would frequently step over an Introverted Feeling child's boundaries, pushing the Introverted Feeling child into "fight or flight" mode, or in other words, into a very defensive position much of the time.

    If you were exposed to a consistently stressful atmosphere as a child (which it sounds like you were), it is very possible that you would have frequently used your Tertiary function as a defense, thereby leaving your Secondary function relatively undeveloped.

    I should mention that I've heard you say that you don't entirely distrust Intuition, so I'm not saying you are 100% against it. But I'm fairly certain you have expressed a tangible degree of discomfort/skepticism about it.

    I might also add that, since you have only recently come out of childhood ---(aren't you still in your teens?)---these things would still be very much on the surface for you, and therefore, all the more relevant than if we were talking about a much older adult.

    To sum up, you may be an INFP who has some degree of mistrust in his own Intuition and/or an excessive use of Tertiary Temptation which results in a relatively undeveloped Ne.

  4. #124
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    It doesn't really matter how many people tell you baselessly that you're wrong.

    You can say 2+2=4 in a room full of morons, and they can call you names and yell at you all day. In the end, you're still right. Volume of negativity doesn't matter, substance of negativity does.

    Go with whatever you think feels right, as long as you can back it up and aren't just doing it for attention or to "try out" a new type like some of the failures here do. Seems to me like you legitimately think that you're an S, and only you know what you think like, so I'd say go for it (lol run-on sentence).
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

  5. #125
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I agree that bestfittype has the best descriptions hands down for that reason -- it's the actual people of the type discussing how they experience their type. If you can relate to the ISFP profile very much, and the INFP one not at all, chances are you really are an ISFP.

    So I'm glad you are an ISFP now (not that you weren't before!). It's looking better under your kitty avatar already
    Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #126
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.
    A big problem in terms of typing oneself? Or just in general?

  7. #127
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Not so much in terms of typing oneself as in terms of recognizing the common weaknesses of each type. Bestfittype says little to nothing about them because they're all self-descriptions so they all focus almost entirely on the positives.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #128
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

    I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

    I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

    I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled.

    So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun.

    Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #129
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

    I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

    I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

    I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled.

    So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun.

    Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.
    Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
    I still think you're ISNFP.

  10. #130
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
    I still think you're ISNFP.
    Since I can't be ISNFP, I'm just going to be "SEXY".

    I do agree with you too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Similar Threads

  1. INFP/ISFP & T mixture?
    By Vika in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
  2. INTP, INTJ, INFP, or INFJ
    By Charizmatic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 03:46 AM
  3. INFJ/INTP/INTJ/INFP
    By Torai in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 05:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO