veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Hey, you know, now that you're ISFP it'll be a hell of a lot easier to write that ISFP description.
    Yeah, he can just write "DUDE. WE ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE."

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, I just want to lend a word of support for your self-exploration, Black Cat.

I think its great that you're willing to go out on a limb like this. Very commendable.

And furthermore, I really like your theory about tertiary temptation, and Im considering expanding on it myself.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of the shitstorm of criticism I might receive, but nevertheless, I'm inspired by your bold moves, my brotha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

By the way, there are several possibilities with Tertiary Temptation, I think.

Here's one that just popped into my mind:

What if you really are an INFP, but somewhere in your development you largely lost faith in your Secondary Ne?

As far as I can remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you were raised (at least part of the time) by an ENFJ who was pretty irrational ( a member of a cult, no less) and that it caused you a great deal of stress/pain/confusion growing up.

Maybe you associate Intuitiveness with irrationality, unpredicatability, gullibility, etc. and therefore you mistrust(to some degree) your own Intuitiveness.

Then, as a result of this loss of faith in Intuition, you have attempted for many years to use your Tertiary Si, with enough success to make you seem different than other INFPs, but not enough to lose your essential INFP nature.

Furthermore, it seems likely that an irrational, Extraverted Feeling parent would frequently step over an Introverted Feeling child's boundaries, pushing the Introverted Feeling child into "fight or flight" mode, or in other words, into a very defensive position much of the time.

If you were exposed to a consistently stressful atmosphere as a child (which it sounds like you were), it is very possible that you would have frequently used your Tertiary function as a defense, thereby leaving your Secondary function relatively undeveloped.

I should mention that I've heard you say that you don't entirely distrust Intuition, so I'm not saying you are 100% against it. But I'm fairly certain you have expressed a tangible degree of discomfort/skepticism about it.

I might also add that, since you have only recently come out of childhood ---(aren't you still in your teens?)---these things would still be very much on the surface for you, and therefore, all the more relevant than if we were talking about a much older adult.

To sum up, you may be an INFP who has some degree of mistrust in his own Intuition and/or an excessive use of Tertiary Temptation which results in a relatively undeveloped Ne.

MBTI
    ENTP

It doesn't really matter how many people tell you baselessly that you're wrong.

You can say 2+2=4 in a room full of morons, and they can call you names and yell at you all day. In the end, you're still right. Volume of negativity doesn't matter, substance of negativity does.

Go with whatever you think feels right, as long as you can back it up and aren't just doing it for attention or to "try out" a new type like some of the failures here do. Seems to me like you legitimately think that you're an S, and only you know what you think like, so I'd say go for it (lol run-on sentence).
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I agree that bestfittype has the best descriptions hands down for that reason -- it's the actual people of the type discussing how they experience their type. If you can relate to the ISFP profile very much, and the INFP one not at all, chances are you really are an ISFP.

So I'm glad you are an ISFP now (not that you weren't before!). It's looking better under your kitty avatar already
    Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.
    A big problem in terms of typing oneself? Or just in general?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Not so much in terms of typing oneself as in terms of recognizing the common weaknesses of each type. Bestfittype says little to nothing about them because they're all self-descriptions so they all focus almost entirely on the positives.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled.

So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun.

Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled.

So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun.

Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.
    Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
    I still think you're ISNFP.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
    I still think you're ISNFP.
    Since I can't be ISNFP, I'm just going to be "SEXY".

I do agree with you too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)