User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Berens and Nardi's work is best because they have found a way to mash all the earlier work.
    Hey, you know, now that you're ISFP it'll be a hell of a lot easier to write that ISFP description.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The Quinian guy on the infj forum is isfp and also uses a lot of comas to separate unrelated statements/thoughts/etc. Just sayin'.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Dude you're still INFP. You just emphasize Fi a lot more than Ne.

All you need to do is give more time to the auxiliary, not abandon your best type fit all together.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah the bestfittype website is good because it comes from INTERVIEWS of the people that fit into those types. I personally like that method a lot because it isn't coming from someone's philosophy or impression of the type, it comes from the real deal.
    I think that's another reason why you are S. N types (especially NTs) often prefer getting impressions like that indirectly or through theory. Even though I recognize the validity and possible superiority of that method, deep down I like a bare-bones archetype approach which just states what each type is inclined to do/think. Why did/do so many people think you are definitely N?
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Dude you're still INFP. You just emphasize Fi a lot more than Ne.

All you need to do is give more time to the auxiliary, not abandon your best type fit all together.
    Reasoning behind this?

Who I am won't change. I'm trying to better define myself and find the reasons behind what I do. Changing a 4 letter code doesn't change me as a human being... honestly. All of the reasoning is in the thread or in my blog. You barely know me, and you're challenging MY perspective on these things.

If I discover ISFP doesn't fit over time then I'll change it. Quite simple. But I think it suits me better and that is why I have it as my type.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMask View Post
    Why did/do so many people think you are definitely N?
    Well from what I've gathered people liked my perspective on things, I was insightful in certain issues, and that I had my head screwed on correctly. I am also quite a deep person, which people associate with N.

What people DON'T realize is that most of the theory I discuss is either in private to people on here with similar interests and philosophies or it's about typology. My typology theorizing probably made me appear N because I am quite interested in this theory. I like to expand on it, because it's an interest of mine. Simple as that... I need no more explanation to want to expand my understanding and share my perspective on these issues about this theory.

With the people I've gotten more personal with, I've asked them about this. They commented that my introspective conversations and tangents seemed quite Ni and not Ne, and that my humor didn't seem to be Ne based at all. They basically have seen my Ni.

Another thing I've talked about is my Te development. I was highly mistaken about this thing I was falsely recognizing as Te, it was actually my Se coming around because of my getting out of tertiary temptation.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Reasoning behind this?

Who I am won't change. I'm trying to better define myself and find the reasons behind what I do. Changing a 4 letter code doesn't change me as a human being... honestly. All of the reasoning is in the thread or in my blog. You barely know me, and you're challenging MY perspective on these things.

If I discover ISFP doesn't fit over time then I'll change it. Quite simple. But I think it suits me better and that is why I have it as my type..75

Might I point out that, while it's clearly quite possible for ISFPs, trying to meta-critique your own reasons for doing things is more of an INFP trait.

In any event, yes obviously. I've read most of the threads you've referred to, though I have not checked out your blog. But I suppose I can't argue with your self-analysis if you truly believe you're ISFP.

Well from what I've gathered people liked my perspective on things, I was insightful in certain issues, and that I had my head screwed on correctly. I am also quite a deep person, which people associate with N.
    I think ISFPs have their heads screwed on correctly more often than INFPs, personally. But I guess that's just me.

What people DON'T realize is that most of the theory I discuss is either in private to people on here with similar interests and philosophies or it's about typology. My typology theorizing probably made me appear N because I am quite interested in this theory. I like to expand on it, because it's an interest of mine. Simple as that... I need no more explanation to want to expand my understanding and share my perspective on these issues about this theory.
    Yeah, there are ISFPs here, but most are comparatively disinterested in extended introspection and more focused on tangible action in their everyday lives. Obviously as Fi doms it's very important to ISFPs to treat others with respect, but they don't take it to the same level of meta-analysis that INFPs do, in most cases. They're much more impulsive.

With the people I've gotten more personal with, I've asked them about this. They commented that my introspective conversations and tangents seemed quite Ni and not Ne, and that my humor didn't seem to be Ne based at all. They basically have seen my Ni.
    No offense to anyone you've talked to because I have no idea who they are, but Ni/Ne is very poorly understood in general. You may or may not have mistaken information (as might I.)

Another thing I've talked about is my Te development. I was highly mistaken about this thing I was falsely recognizing as Te, it was actually my Se coming around because of my getting out of tertiary temptation.
    Or it could be tertiary Si. These things are pretty vague.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Might I point out that, while it's clearly quite possible for ISFPs, trying to meta-critique your own reasons for doing things is more of an INFP trait.

In any event, yes obviously. I've read most of the threads you've referred to, though I have not checked out your blog. But I suppose I can't argue with your self-analysis if you truly believe you're ISFP.
    One of my issues is that there is something missing with NFPs. I don't really feel similar to them. I can't relate to their problems, and their behavior and how they think and come to conclusions doesn't seem to be like me at all.

Yeah, there are ISFPs here, but most are comparatively disinterested in extended introspection and more focused on tangible action in their everyday lives. Obviously as Fi doms it's very important to ISFPs to treat others with respect, but they don't take it to the same level of meta-analysis that INFPs do, in most cases. They're much more impulsive.
    This is one thing I have noticed along with you... that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective. But I am quite introspective myself. I don't really view Se as being "impulsive" per se, but I view it as applying relevant things to the given context, whereas Ne weaves in things from other contexts to the given situation (in a way).

No offense to anyone you've talked to because I have no idea who they are, but Ni/Ne is very poorly understood in general. You may or may not have mistaken information (as might I.)

Or it could be tertiary Si. These things are pretty vague.
    One thing to consider is that I have been through tertiary temptation (if I'm correct about this) and that my Se would be weak and just coming around. So who knows what the future holds?

Thanks for the concern too by the way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

One of my issues is that there is something missing with NFPs. I don't really feel similar to them. I can't relate to their problems, and their behavior and how they think and come to conclusions doesn't seem to be like me at all.
    You may not know enough of them to have given them a fair evaluation as a general type yet. It's easy to meet a few people of another type and decide that you aren't like them if they give you bad vibes; INFP is just a very polarized type that tends to be either very awesome or very irritating, imnsho.

This is one thing I have noticed along with you... that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective. But I am quite introspective myself. I don't really view Se as being "impulsive" per se, but I view it as applying relevant things to the given context, whereas Ne weaves in things from other contexts to the given situation (in a way).
    No, that is the opposite of what I was saying. INFPs are waaaay more introspective than ISFPs. Yes ISFP is into spending time alone to reflect sometimes, but it's more just to practice something really enjoyable or play some kind of one-person game or hobby. They don't analyze the implications of their moral positions in the depth and with the kind of holistic intensity that INFPs do. To ISFPs, that guy is kind of a dick, and it doesn't go much deeper than that. If he decides not to be a dick later, then ok, we'll go with it. For now we'll just avoid him.

To INFPs, that guy is a bad person. NFPs are more judgmental in their Fi critiques of others than are SFPs, excepting the random outrageously upset SFP who's just spouting nonsense because he's so mad he can't see straight.

One thing to consider is that I have been through tertiary temptation (if I'm correct about this) and that my Se would be weak and just coming around. So who knows what the future holds?
    Yeah honestly function theory sort of breaks down after the top one or two.

Thanks for the concern too by the way.
    No problem.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You may not know enough of them to have given them a fair evaluation as a general type yet. It's easy to meet a few people of another type and decide that you aren't like them if they give you bad vibes; INFP is just a very polarized type that tends to be either very awesome or very irritating, imnsho.
    I've given plenty of advice to INFPs on here and I've talked to a lot of them personally. IRL I've met some INFPs are we are pretty similar, but how they approach things just seems to be different, like how to solve a problem.

This is one thing that gets me about this though, the people that I give advice to seem to like it because I keep it grounded in reality, I don't jump to conclusions or anything like that, and I'm just fundamentally a lot more realistic than almost every INFP I've met. I think it would be a terrible thing to not have this sense of realism and concreteness when dealing with the world, the thought just honestly doesn't occur to me to deal with the world in any other way. I don't read hidden meanings out of things unless they catch my interest, not everything has some deep meaning in my eyes. If things add up in my head that they might have a deeper meaning, then yeah I'll think about what it is. But otherwise no not really. The INFPs I've talked to, when they are spilling their minds on me have all of these hidden meanings attached to things, and I'm thinking "huh, that's an interesting way to look at it". I'm usually thinking of how things fit into the bigger picture, not what things could possibly mean.

If IXFP could exist I'd honestly wear the tag. I feel like I'm one foot in the door for intuitive and one foot out...

No, that is the opposite of what I was saying. INFPs are waaaay more introspective than ISFPs. Yes ISFP is into spending time alone to reflect sometimes, but it's more just to practice something really enjoyable or play some kind of one-person game or hobby. They don't analyze the implications of their moral positions in the depth and with the kind of holistic intensity that INFPs do. To ISFPs, that guy is kind of a dick, and it doesn't go much deeper than that. If he decides not to be a dick later, then ok, we'll go with it. For now we'll just avoid him.
    Ahhh crap. Typo!

When I said...

that in general it seems a lot of SPs are too introspective.
    I meant that in general it seems a lot of SPs aren't too introspective. Or at least not as much as an NP would be.

But to answer what you're saying in this quote, I am sort of on the fence about it. It depends on how much of an offense it is, how intense my judgment on someone is. Usually it is pretty intense and thought out for me. But keep in mind the people that I bother judging have to get under my skin first, people that are mildly annoying don't really phase me or provoke any thoughts besides "damn they're annoying" etc.

So basically I'm either a very grounded, concrete and realistic INFP or a very intellectual and introspective ISFP. I went by functions and how things have been happening to me and came to ISFP as a conclusion.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Yeah the bestfittype website is good because it comes from INTERVIEWS of the people that fit into those types. I personally like that method a lot because it isn't coming from someone's philosophy or impression of the type, it comes from the real deal.
    I agree that bestfittype has the best descriptions hands down for that reason -- it's the actual people of the type discussing how they experience their type. If you can relate to the ISFP profile very much, and the INFP one not at all, chances are you really are an ISFP.

So I'm glad you are an ISFP now (not that you weren't before!). It's looking better under your kitty avatar already