• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debating Enneagram Type: CP 6w5 vs 8?

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll ask you my fav type 8 question:
How many times in your life have you defended the underdog?
(Verbally, physically, philosophically.)

Frequently and with little regard to myself. The only time Im more willing to go to the mat is over someone I consider "mine".

Do you just defend other people or do you attack others, too? (not necessarily in a physical way) Do you like to dominate other people?

Btw, I`m not another troll, but an elf. :yes:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
KOD, don't post childish bullshit in public, then pretend to agree with me when you send me rep comments.

That 2-faced horseshit doesn't fly with me.
Grow the fuck up.

6w5- Have self confidence in themselves, but distrust anything outside of themselves.

Your comment here supports this argument right?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, things have, umm, progressed. Jaguar, it doesn't seem like any harm has been done so far, and most of the more glib comments were directed at my OP. And the later side comments seemed to just be pulling the dragons tail as far as youre concerned.;) Let it ride, man.

Anyways, to questions!

That could be a type question.
Do you share information to help others gain knowledge,
or do you hit people over the head with information just to argue and debate?

Eh, a little bit of both. I like helping when I can, so I definitely will share knowledge simply for knowledge's sake. On the other hand, I enjoy debating. Sometimes for the challenge, sometimes to argue for an idea Im passionate about, but mostly because it gives me a lot of information on how the other person thinks. I think you can know a lot about a person from how they respond to conflict.

Let's try something else:
Aggressiveness.

Let's try this from your own point of view as well as others.
Would you call yourself an aggressive person?

Eh, not so much. I have a direct and dominant personality, but I don't consider myself aggressive.

Have other people actually called you aggressive?

Yes. When Im not actively trying to come off as harmless I apparently give off a vibe that intimidates people. Im occasionally told I'm intense, and have definitely heard bitch.

Did you get a relatively high score on aggressiveness,
when you took that long version Enneagram on Similar Minds.com?
(I forget, did you even take that long version test? )

I took the shorter one but got strength-->adventurousness---> image focus

8s feel grand...6w5s don't...end of story.

Gorgeous cameo, I see. Care to explain your post here a bit more?

doubting that you're an 8 would probably imply that you're a 6 though wouldn't it?

Maybe. Then again, all 8s have a strong connection to 5, which might make their internal dialogue a little more complex than you might assume. I admittedly act frequently without thinking, but generally the only time Im not in my head is when Im actively pursuing a goal. Only thing I doubt then is the competence of the people around me hehe.

Jaguar

6w5- Have self confidence in themselves, but distrust anything outside of themselves.

Your comment here supports this argument right?

I'm not the 6w5, Rex thinks she is.
Go troll Rex, see if she puts up with your crap.
I have no patience for horseshit.
KOD, why don't you go troll the schizophrenic thread.
There's an ENTP in there making an ass out of herself trying to argue with an INTP.
Seems like something you'd be good at.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you just defend other people or do you attack others, too? (not necessarily in a physical way)Do you like to dominate other people?

I'm not entirely sure about the first question, but I think I tend towards non-conflict unless a) I perceive someone to be doing harm to someone who either can't defend themself or I feel a strong attachment to, or b) Im in a bad mood in which case I havent had any issues with taking it out on others.

As with the second question, as I mentioned before Im fairly wuwei in terms of the conduct of other people. I hate being manipulated or coerced into anything, so I avoid doing it to other people. Which reminds me that I will actively fuck up someone I consider to be manipulative because I have no tolerance for that kind of behavior. All that said, I like to be in charge, I like to run things to make sure everything goes smoothly, and I always tend to be on better behavior when Im doing my own thing than following someone else (I don't mind, and actually very much enjoy working for someone I respect, though).

Btw, I`m not another troll, but an elf. :yes:

We are friendly towards elves, and tolerant of trolls but do not feed them. ;)

Jaguar

Wow, things have, umm, progressed. Jaguar, it doesn't seem like any harm has been done so far, and most of the more glib comments were directed at my OP. And the later side comments seemed to just be pulling the dragons tail as far as youre concerned.;) Let it ride, man.

When trolls keep trolling, I get nastier with the next one.
It's a cumulative reaction.
I've had enough of the nonsense in this forum lately.
It's not just this thread.

Eh, a little bit of both. I like helping when I can, so I definitely will share knowledge simply for knowledge's sake. On the other hand, I enjoy debating. Sometimes for the challenge, sometimes to argue for an idea Im passionate about, but mostly because it gives me a lot of information on how the other person thinks. I think you can know a lot about a person from how they respond to conflict.

You should read the nonsense in the schizophrenic thread, if that's how you feel.
There's an ENTP and an INTP who have been going at it "debating" for days.

I'm a straight up knowledge junkie. I like to share.
I have no interest in what people call "debating" when it even remotely looks like the ENTP-INTP debacle.
Seriously, go look in that thread.
It's absurd.

When Im not actively trying to come off as harmless I apparently give off a vibe that intimidates people. Im occasionally told I'm intense, and have definitely heard bitch.

That sounds 8 to me. :D
You hit two 8 keywords: intense, and intimidate.
BTW, how does one: "actively try to come off as harmless?"
Are you suggesting you drag red herrings, or what?

Maybe. Then again, all 8s have a strong connection to 5, which might make their internal dialogue a little more complex than you might assume. I admittedly act frequently without thinking, but generally the only time Im not in my head is when Im actively pursuing a goal. Only thing I doubt then is the competence of the people around me hehe.

You sound 8 here as well.

BTW, forget what I wrote to KOD about 6W5.
I think you are an 8.

I also agree with everything you wrote here:

"I hate being manipulated or coerced into anything, so I avoid doing it to other people.
Which reminds me that I will actively fuck up someone I consider to be manipulative because I have no tolerance for that kind of behavior.
All that said, I like to be in charge, I like to run things to make sure everything goes smoothly,
and I always tend to be on better behavior when Im doing my own thing than following someone else"

I could have written that myself.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
The Eight`s passion is lust. They like to lead an intensive life and to push other`s boundaries. This is especially true of the 8w7, whereas a nine-wing makes them more relaxed. Sixes on the other hand react to their fear which can sometimes make them more aggressive than Eights.

Normally Eights have respect for people who can hold their ground against an Eight`s attack and some seem to genuinely appreciate it if people don`t make themselves scarce or are hurt if they act like a bull in a china shop, which they often do. Sixes are distrustful of others motives and if you fight back their mind spins around and it often makes them more distrustful.

b) Im in a bad mood in which case I havent had any issues with taking it out on others.
Now, that sounds like an Eight. Though if you are fairly wuwei I would suggest a nine-wing rather than a seven-wing.

We are friendly towards elves, and tolerant of trolls but do not feed them.
I so hoped you would serve an exquisite meal. :rolli:

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
You better troll on out little kitty.

Don't you get tired of scoring points with yourself of how much of a good guy you are? It's all so superego complianty 1-2-6 style. "Grow up"..."I'm just trying to give out information here"..."I'm trying to be civil here"..."I'm trying to be the good guy here"...

AHH...the good guy...the nice guy...the civil guy...the decent guy...

You sound more contractive than expansive. You got this nice-guy complex all over you. You get a nice gold star for that you boyscout.

I AM an 8...a champion for nice guys everywhere! *standing tall and proud*

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should read the nonsense in the schizophrenic thread, if that's how you feel.
There's an ENTP and an INTP who have been going at it "debating" for days.

I'm a straight up knowledge junkie. I like to share.
I have no interest in what people call "debating" when it even remotely looks like the ENTP-INTP debacle.
Seriously, go look in that thread.
It's absurd.

See, no, that's not a debate--that's a circle jerk. There are a couple people who are discussing a valid topic, the responsibility of society to provide for the needs of the mentally ill, which is not just something worth discussing but worth discussing passionately. But if you can't remember the point you were trying to make, and get so caught up in how clever you and the guy you're opposing are then effectively nothing is said.

I used to make the mistake of getting trapped in discussion with people who debate like that because I would feel very strongly about what was being discussed, so much so that Id be blind to the fact that the direction of the debate was being driven towards semantics, as opposed to the heart of the thing so Id end up getting caught up in things like whats going on in that thread. Its the intellectual equivalent of Monopoly which I despise as well.

When I mean debate, I mean actual mental sparring. You start out in opposition and either push towards synthesis, a greater appreciation of the other side, or deeper conviction in what you started out with. You learn a lot from a clever partner and the afterglow is practically post-coital. Youre seriously missing out if you havent experienced that at least once. :biggrin:

That sounds 8 to me. :D
You hit two 8 keywords: intense, and intimidate.
BTW, how does one: "actively try to come off as harmless?"
Are you suggesting you drag red herrings, or what?

I mean, if you are like me, then you are able to read people fairly well. Assuming that, then you've probably experienced spending time with someone and after a very short time you get that twinge of what makes them tick, particularly of insecurities/where theyre weak/what drives them ect.

Now in a more vicious mood this information can be used for whatevers necessary. But, like I said by and large Im very live and let live. So rather than using these vulnerabilities as a coup de grace, you can be conscientious of whatever that area is as "this is where they are most sensitive, Im going to do my best to be considerate of that" and manage your behavior with that in mind. It's all around the simple principle that forward movement is easier if you are harnessing momentum as opposed to working against friction. I think this was a hard concept for me initially because a very basic part of me would feel debased and furious to have to admit to the necessity of playing nice to be effective (the lion in the gold chains and all that :blush:). It felt dishonest. But, you sort out eventually that the bigger picture is served ultimately, so whatev.

Normally Eights have respect for people who can hold their ground against an Eight`s attack and some seem to genuinely appreciate it if people don`t make themselves scarce or are hurt if they act like a bull in a china shop, which they often do. Sixes are distrustful of others motives and if you fight back their mind spins around and it often makes them more distrustful.

Eh heh. Story of my life.

I so hoped you would serve an exquisite meal. :rolli:

Ah hah. So you admit you were a troll all along! But Im a woman of my word and there will be no trouble here. You'll have to ply Jaguar for food though good luck with that hehe, cause I got nothin for you. <:dry:>

Alright, so Im once again settled on my 8-ness. I welcome further comments but am content to let the thread die at this point. Thanks all who contributed.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
The troll is back to play with himself in public.

Do I sense a subtle appeal to the larger community to "recognize" the "good" he is doing for the board to point out a troll?....hmmm?

You get second gold star for that.

You are like the uber 8 now.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Ah hah. So you admit you were a troll all along! But Im a woman of my word and there will be no trouble here. You'll have to ply Jaguar for food though good luck with that hehe, cause I got nothin for you. <:dry:>
There`s food for the stomach and food for thought. So I can`t say you didn`t gave me anything.

You seem to have a solid and forceful nature. The Eight definitely suits you.

Jaguar

See, no, that's not a debate--that's a circle jerk.

I figured your reaction would be something like that.
By the way, I agree with the rest of what you wrote in your post.
I'll end with quoting someone's old sig line:

It's better to be hated for who you are,
than to be loved for who you are not.

:newwink:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BTW, forget what I wrote to KOD about 6W5.
I think you are an 8.

I also agree with everything you wrote here:

"I hate being manipulated or coerced into anything, so I avoid doing it to other people.
Which reminds me that I will actively fuck up someone I consider to be manipulative because I have no tolerance for that kind of behavior.
All that said, I like to be in charge, I like to run things to make sure everything goes smoothly,
and I always tend to be on better behavior when Im doing my own thing than following someone else"

I could have written that myself.

Why would you disregard a serious comment that has been researched and agreed upon by many other people? 6s dislike being controlled as well. I would be more suspicious of the last comment you made, considering that you are possibly not an 8.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you disregard a serious comment that has been researched and agreed upon by many other people? 6s dislike being controlled as well. I would be more suspicious of the last comment you made, considering that you are possibly not an 8.

Did you honestly post in this thread just to pick a fight with someone? Surely you could have staged your pissing contest with Jaguar elsewhere, or at least had the balls to do it more directly.

Also, why is there this latent prejudice towards 6s? The way people seem to talk about it as an alternative its like, you can be an 8 or...you may have herpes. Im about ready to do for 6s what Eric Cartman did for gingers.

Ginger Pride - Clips - South Park Studios

I suggest you get ready.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you honestly post in this thread just to pick a fight with someone? Surely you could have staged your pissing contest with Jaguar elsewhere, or at least had the balls to do it more directly.

Also, why is there this latent prejudice towards 6s? The way people seem to talk about it as an alternative its like, you can be an 8 or...you may have herpes. Im about ready to do for 6s what Eric Cartman did for gingers.

Ginger Pride - Clips - South Park Studios

I suggest you get ready.

I had no intention of starting fights, I entered the thread because it was interesting and I know a little bit about 6w5s (although not much about 8s as of yet). I'm possibly a 6w7, 6s aren't bad, I don't know where you're getting that vibe from.

I didn't have a problem with Jaguar until this thread. I should have probably thought of PMing him at the time instead of trashing your thread. Is that what you mean by directly? I don't see what that has to do with balls.