• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debating Enneagram Type: CP 6w5 vs 8?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey all.

Ive been debating my e-type for a while now, and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. Based on types I've done ect, I've generally typed as a 8w7, but after familiarizing myself more with the enneagram system Im starting to believe that Im a counterphobic 6. Based on MBTI type I could go either way. I was hoping that some might have some sort of insight into the real differences between the two that theyd be willing to share.

Jaguar

There are many E-gram test sites out there.
Did you try several to see what corroborates?

Try all 4 of these:

9 Types Enneagram Test
Enneagram Institute
Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free)
Similar Minds

(Actually, Similar Minds.com is my least favorite.)

Scores aside, I think if you were an 8, you'd know it.
Fast.
I'm an 8 and can't see being torn between 8 and 6.
6 isn't an aggressive type, like the 8.

I'll ask you my fav type 8 question:
How many times in your life have you defended the underdog?
(Verbally, physically, philosophically.)

If that's not a big part of you, reconsider being 8.
Or should I say, a healthy 8!

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the links (twice in two days youve been clutch with the information haha)

Interestingly, the 9 types and eclectic energies tests typed me as a 3, while the other two said 8.

Frequently and with little regard to myself. The only time Im more willing to go to the mat is over someone I consider "mine".

I think the whole reason it even came into mind was that I was reading up on 6s and it mentioned the counterphobic philosophy on fear. I frequently am the kind of person that will go against something because it frightens me. I had a real fear of ghost when I was a kid so Id do odd things like walk in the woods behind my house at night or stay up late watching paranormal shows because they terrified me. That and what was mentioned about 6s and loyalty resonated. I have very particular sense of responsibility towards those close to me.

Jaguar

Thanks for the links (twice in two days youve been clutch with the information haha)

That could be a type question.
Do you share information to help others gain knowledge,
or do you hit people over the head with information just to argue and debate?
(FUCK YOU HERE'S MY PROOF. Then they post a shitload of links as their "evidence.")
I'm sure you've seen that type of crap in this forum. Lol.

Interestingly, the 9 types and eclectic energies tests typed me as a 3, while the other two said 8.

Frequently and with little regard to myself. The only time Im more willing to go to the mat is over someone I consider "mine".

That sounds like me talking.

I think the whole reason it even came into mind was that I was reading up on 6s and it mentioned the counterphobic philosophy on fear. I frequently am the kind of person that will go against something because it frightens me. I had a real fear of ghost when I was a kid so Id do odd things like walk in the woods behind my house at night or stay up late watching paranormal shows because they terrified me. That and what was mentioned about 6s and loyalty resonated. I have very particular sense of responsibility towards those close to me.

So you think trying to conquer fear means you are a 6?
I can be loyal to a fault with a sense of responsibility toward those close to me, but it doesn't make me a 6.

Let's try something else:
Aggressiveness.

Let's try this from your own point of view as well as others.
Would you call yourself an aggressive person?
Have other people actually called you aggressive?
Did you get a relatively high score on aggressiveness,
when you took that long version Enneagram on Similar Minds.com?
(I forget, did you even take that long version test? )

Jaguar

8s feel grand...6w5s don't...end of story.

I'm trying to help someone out, objectively.
You come along and claim something biased and ridiculous.
WTH?

If 8's "feel grand" then I better change my E-type.
Get the picture?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:popc1:

This is so good :rofl1:

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I'm trying to help someone out, objectively.
You come along and claim something biased and ridiculous.
WTH?

If 8's "feel grand" then I better change my E-type.
Get the picture?

Then you better get a move on changing your etype...

Jaguar

Troll another thread.
We're trying to be productive here in our discussion,
and you are just being an immature fuckhead.

Grow up.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Troll another thread.
We're trying to be productive here in our discussion,
and you are just being an immature fuckhead.

Grow up.

CHILL THE FUCK OUT, IT'S JUST A FUCKING POST YOU MORON.

doubting that you're an 8 would probably imply that you're a 6 though wouldn't it?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Look...you may seem a nice reasonable guy and all...and you unlike 8s probably use that to score points with yourself...but you just don't understand 8ness.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now we have two trolls.

KOD, don't post bullshit in public, then pretend to agree with me when you send me rep comments.

That 2-faced horseshit doesn't fly with me.
Grow the fuck up.

I never agreed with you. I just thought that it was quite amusing to see you duke it out with Marcello. I could see it coming.
[add]: in fact, I don't remember agreeing with you in rep. comments either. There's a difference between the two subjects at hand.

Don't know why you think that you're more grown up than other people here. You act like a three year old who doesn't get his own way. That's my final word in the matter. :)

Jaguar

CHILL THE FUCK OUT, IT'S JUST A FUCKING POST YOU MORON.

doubting that you're an 8 would probably imply that you're a 6 though wouldn't it?

Moron? Only a moron would think I was actually serious.
I AM an 8, asshole. I NEVER DOUBTED IT EVER. Get it?
That was my point.

Only a dumbfuck would claim to know what 8's "feel."
That was the point of my sarcastic comment.
Jesus Christ.
Fucking idiots.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
KOD, don't post childish bullshit in public, then pretend to agree with me when you send me rep comments.

That 2-faced horseshit doesn't fly with me.
Grow the fuck up.

Feeling grand is central to 8ness...it's the very core of the type gestalt.

You argue more like a 6w5...don't be on my side then not be on my side...side-consciousness is more 6w5 than 8...6w5s also crack much faster

I don't have anything against 6w5s...just sayin'

Once again you betray your inner nice guy...with your admonishing of behaviour that isn't "proper"...it's "Shut the hell up"...not "Grow the hell up".

Doesn't all this nice guy stuff make you feel indulgent and weak and isn't the 8 fixation to avoid weakness?

Jaguar

I never agreed with you. I just thought that it was quite amusing to see you duke it out with Marcello. I could see it coming.
[add]: in fact, I don't remember agreeing with you in rep. comments either. There's a difference between the two subjects at hand.

Don't know why you think that you're more grown up than other people here. You act like a three year old who doesn't get his own way. That's my final word in the matter. :)

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass what you remember.

The point is, Rex and I are trying to have a productive discussion,
and you trolls had to crash it.

Grow the fuck up already.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was my point.

Jesus Christ.
Fucking idiots.

Okay then. You could try mentioning that it was sarcasm, it's kind of hard to in plain text.

I never said you weren't an 8, I was referring to the OP. I don't care if you're an 8 or not, the OP probably doesn't care either, so long as they find the information that they are seeking.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
That was my point.

Jesus Christ.
Fucking idiots.

Gravitas is another trait of type 8. I am a 5 and I have more gravitas than you now.