• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

18 months on...what has changed?

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I haven't been here in 18 months. I've changed a lot in that time and went through some emotional highs and lows that I had hitherto never really experienced previously. I thought I was an ISTJ when I first signed up here, then changed to INTJ (with a weak N and T). With all of this in mind, here are my traits:
- Have a fairly good work ethic and improving organisational skills
- Many would describe me as being reasonably intelligent, but I've always been sceptical
- Was once described by a teacher as an 'absent-minded professor'
- A habitual loner with poor social skills
- Have trouble making friends, but would like more close friends if possible
- Pessimistic
- Lack of self-esteem and wavering self-confidence
- Can mindlessly idealise girls that I have a crush on (i.e - go on about how perfect they are)
- Can take a while to admit my mistakes and errors, but always do eventually
- Perfectionistic - can be down on myself when I don't succeed
- My favourite bands are AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, U2 and The Cure - I used to listen to Megadeth and Metallica more often - I've been listening to the Smiths more often lately
- Somewhat removed (i.e - often play out imaginary scenarios in my head)
- Still moody
- Do sometimes showboat in front of large crowds as a piss-take, hiding my embarassment at being the centre of attention (happened a few times at uni)
- Like to cuddle those I have feelings of love for
- Hide strong emotions and present a calm, emotionless facade
- Am a bit of a softie (i.e - reluctant to punish others), but use logic often
- Unathletic (although I've been working on my physical fitness since I last posted here)
- Dislike conflict and don't always take criticism well
- Fairly short attention span (i.e - my interests change fairly regularly, sometimes rehashing old interests)

Politics-wise: I am, economically, a classic liberal and politically a neo-con.

Religion: I'm a believing Catholic, although far more tolerant of agnostics and atheists than what I once was. I'm still not really a big fan of church (except on select days, where I feel that I should pay respect to those I believe in by going). I'm not a fan of homosexuality, but I'm friends with a bisexual and don't mind all that much when other people are.

When depressed or not feeling good, I can:
- Lacerate myself
- Abandon logic and reasoning completely
- Keel over in physical pain
- Even more pessimistic and withdrawn than usual
- Bad memories haunt me
- Opening defy and avoid authority
- Tend to threaten and abuse people
- Listen to more violent and depressive music
- Write long, rambling, depressing spiels

So am I an ISTJ or INTJ (or something else)?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably INTJ if you identify with being intuitive. You probably just have a weak N. All of my preferences are weak, I'm in the same boat mentally. :) I think some of the things you've described challenging T vs F is explained by the enneagram 4. I would have to know more about you to make a judgment on N vs S.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Probably INTJ if you identify with being intuitive. You probably just have a weak N. All of my preferences are weak, I'm in the same boat mentally. :) I think some of the things you've described challenging T vs F is explained by the enneagram 4. I would have to know more about you to make a judgment on N vs S.

Hmm...I have a dillemma with two weak preference. Imagine what it'd be like to have four! I feel for you, brother. :doh:

But:
- Not especially practical (for various reasons, i.e - poor hand-eye coordination, low confidence, poor social skills)
- I admire people who are athletic to some degree and have tried to improve my fitness over the past 18 months or so
- Tend to forget to do simple tasks
- Tend to make silly mistakes more often than I should
- I sometimes step into an imaginary world
- While I am good with theory, it does irritate me in certain scenarios
- Good at rote learning, but can misinterpret various questions and even various social advances

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah you're probably an N I'd say.

Having 4 borderline preferences makes me quite balanced and quite confused at the same time. :tongue:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, from what you wrote, you are more of an N than S.

Probably INTJ, though INTP could fit as well.