Well, I haven't been here in 18 months. I've changed a lot in that time and went through some emotional highs and lows that I had hitherto never really experienced previously. I thought I was an ISTJ when I first signed up here, then changed to INTJ (with a weak N and T). With all of this in mind, here are my traits:
- Have a fairly good work ethic and improving organisational skills
- Many would describe me as being reasonably intelligent, but I've always been sceptical
- Was once described by a teacher as an 'absent-minded professor'
- A habitual loner with poor social skills
- Have trouble making friends, but would like more close friends if possible
- Lack of self-esteem and wavering self-confidence
- Can mindlessly idealise girls that I have a crush on (i.e - go on about how perfect they are)
- Can take a while to admit my mistakes and errors, but always do eventually
- Perfectionistic - can be down on myself when I don't succeed
- My favourite bands are AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, U2 and The Cure - I used to listen to Megadeth and Metallica more often - I've been listening to the Smiths more often lately
- Somewhat removed (i.e - often play out imaginary scenarios in my head)
- Still moody
- Do sometimes showboat in front of large crowds as a piss-take, hiding my embarassment at being the centre of attention (happened a few times at uni)
- Like to cuddle those I have feelings of love for
- Hide strong emotions and present a calm, emotionless facade
- Am a bit of a softie (i.e - reluctant to punish others), but use logic often
- Unathletic (although I've been working on my physical fitness since I last posted here)
- Dislike conflict and don't always take criticism well
- Fairly short attention span (i.e - my interests change fairly regularly, sometimes rehashing old interests)
Politics-wise: I am, economically, a classic liberal and politically a neo-con.
Religion: I'm a believing Catholic, although far more tolerant of agnostics and atheists than what I once was. I'm still not really a big fan of church (except on select days, where I feel that I should pay respect to those I believe in by going). I'm not a fan of homosexuality, but I'm friends with a bisexual and don't mind all that much when other people are.
When depressed or not feeling good, I can:
- Lacerate myself
- Abandon logic and reasoning completely
- Keel over in physical pain
- Even more pessimistic and withdrawn than usual
- Bad memories haunt me
- Opening defy and avoid authority
- Tend to threaten and abuse people
- Listen to more violent and depressive music
- Write long, rambling, depressing spiels
So am I an ISTJ or INTJ (or something else)?
Any help would be much appreciated.